borgetti to bolton?

Discussion in 'Bolton Wanderers' started by firefan12, Jul 13, 2005.

1. firefan12

firefan12 New Member

Apr 13, 2005
    chicago
    is the mexican striker borgetti actually going to bolton, it had been reported in espn deportes that itr was practically a done deal? anyone got news on this?

2. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. firefan12

firefan12 New Member

Apr 13, 2005
    chicago
    interesting thanks for the links i posted those articles in the mexico section. thanks again for the links.

5. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    It's great that Borgetti is going to europe, hopefully other european teams will start looking at Mexican players, like Kikin Fonseca, Osvaldo,Lozano and also some players from chivas, they are making great players.

anyway so how good is bolton?

7. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bolton is good, they are 6th in the 2004-2005 league and have one spot in the UEFA cup.

8. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    31 isn't he? I can't see why we passed on a young unproven Zambian who scored bags of goals in South Africa only to sign an old unproven Mexican who's scored bags of goals in North America. Admittedly Borgetti has far more pedigree and a good international scoring record but still, they're the same price!

He'd never displace Davies anyway, he's too much of a favourite with Big Sam.

9. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    well its a done deal, Borgetti will go to england.

http://mediotiempo.com/pi/noticia.php?id_noticia=7877

its in spanish but basicly it says that they closed the deal. european teams start looking at out younger players, with much more future. Like kikin fonseca.

10. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I guess because Borgetti is a better bargain. If he sucks Bolton can allways sell him back to the Mexie league and they are bound to get an increase in kit sales. Also Borgetti has scored some really nice gems against World Class opposition giving him the edge over unproven Zambian guy. BTW Borgetti has an Italian passport so he can plas as a EU player.

11. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    A first for the Premiership in England-----having a Mexican player.

I hope he adjusts well to the food, weather, etc. etc. I wonder if he's taking his family with him?

He wil succeed if he adjusts.....and let's hope he doesn't pull a Landycakes.

12. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    He is a good player and I look forward to watching him in the EPL.

13. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    yeah, i'm sure Borgetti will do just fine in england, but i'm suprised though, that he gets to go to europe now, that he is on decline. They should have taken some one younger from Mexico, we have several good players, borgetti only has a fvcking good head, that's all. :eek:

14. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    I hope it actually happens.. Nothing really confirming it yet in the English press. Maybe tomorrow.. He'll just need to adjust to the pace at first like everyone that goes to England then I think he will contribute well to Bolton..

15. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C
    Swell header...but other than that..weak guy..old doesnt do very well in the mexican league...EPL is all about strengh and speed..Borgetti is not very strong. COnfederation cup really helped b/c other than that I've seen him play many times and he's a regular striker.

16. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
  17. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Although I'm a big time Arsenal fan, I'm going to have to adopt Bolton as my 2nd favorite team now.

Maybe I can even find the money to get a Jared jersey.

JARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. hakko ace

hakko ace New Member

May 9, 2001
    Rancho Los Cerritos
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    hi, Bolton fans. just got the news on borgetti whom i've seen play many times in mfl and against internacional sides. it's a little surprising to me in several aspects:

he doesn't speak english.

he's a little guy with a squeaky voice and gets frustrated against big defenders.

having said that, he's worth much more than you paid for him, so that's a deal.

upside:

fantastic touch with his head and a classic matador type who looks to finish.

don't think his age is a factor. jared is very clean-cut and in great shape

cheers from north mexico (california)

19. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    his not a little guy. His a good size player.

20. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    He is 184m how is that little ? didnt you see the goal he scored against Germany, i reckon they have big defenders and he went right by them..

21. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    He scored two beauties past Oliver Kahn, and one on Dida.

22. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good signing for Bolton, as their set-pieces will be all the more deadly with Borgetti's headers. Watching the confederations cup, I saw that almost every ball that met his head tickled the twine.

Nice to see a Mexican in the Premier league.

23. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    If you have people that can supply good crosses, he's woth every bit you spent and more, this guys is one of the best headers around, and occasionally against poor defense, he can actually use his feet to.

24. WitchKingMX

WitchKingMX New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Coapa's Nest
    That's right Cabrito. Borgetti is as good as the quality of the balls in the box he can get. I didn't think he was gonna play in Europe, not 32yo and asking a contract as good as the one he has in Mexico. Onother good thing I see about this is that he may open doors for mexican players to play in Europe, because there are at least 5 mexican players that are better than Borgetti.

25. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004