borgetti quiere ir a bolton

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by firefan12, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    1.2 pounds is pretty good or were they taling about euros? anyway is still good, I know that cruz azul payed like 3 or 4 million dollars for kikin and tigres payed 3 for Lozano, but considering its only for 2 years is fine.

2. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    this better be true , i hope is not another rumor. :(

3. gvfatlas

gvfatlas Member

Oct 6, 2004
    GDL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hope this one is true and not just another rumor like the Arabia one.

By the way, when I was in Mexico I watched in the noticiero TD that Livorno of the Serie A had made an offer to Jared along with Hertha and Malaga, but I guess it wasn't a pretty good offer so he didn't take it.

I mentioned it because I haven't seen anybody say anything about it on the boards.

4. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Personally I do not see it happening, think about it, why would any team in Europe pay 1.5 milion U.S.D (i think that's what Pachuca wants for his "carta") plus his salary. He is 31 yrs old. Even if he is playing very well right now.

5. fuerza monarca

fuerza monarca New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    San Fran
    Maybe they figure that they can still sqeeze a season or 2 out of him and thne sell him back to a Mexican team.

6. raay420

raay420 New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    So what if he is 31 years old? he can still play good soccer. i say he will be playing like hi is right now till he is like 37! This guys has more than passion for the sport of soccer.

7. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    I dont see that happening, but yest he still got a good 2 or 4 years on him, then he can go and retire in the MLS.

8. Madskills

Madskills New Member

Jun 13, 2005
    I hope something does happen this time. :cool:

9. haro0101

haro0101 New Member

Feb 27, 2004
    tampa bay
    this time of the year is really frustrating because it seems like that your boys going abroad never materializes; it's just a bunch of rumors. anyway, i figure if Azteca comes with some information, then we can be confident that borgetti will transfer to bolton in the premiership. that would be tight!! wouldnt that make him the first mexican to play in the EPL?

10. yannini

yannini New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Mexico City
    Lei en el "Reforma" (ayer en la seccion de deportes - www.reforma.com. Lo lei en el periodico impreso, no se si esta "online") que Borgetti afirmaba que la oportunidad de irse a Europa se habia acabado. Ojala no sea cierto. Saludos

11. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    According to Mediotiempo ya es casi Official

Borgetti es nuevo jugador del Bolton Wanders

MEDIOTIEMPO | Redacción
    14 de Julio de 2005

El futuro de Jared Borgetti se ha aclarado. Si hace algunos días se daba como un hecho su traspaso a Arabia Saudita, en las últimas horas se ha cerrado el fichaje del delantero mexicano por el Bolton Wanders inglés.

http://mediotiempo.com/pi/noticia.php?id_noticia=7877

12. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    well this would be much better than going to arabia. even though bolton sucks he would be going to one of the top three leagues.

13. kehl

kehl Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Kamogawa BG
    Sí, ya es un hecho que Jared se va para allá. qué bueno :D

14. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  15. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    awesome, now we'll have two players playing abroad. i hope we get more players in europe.

16. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    so its for real this aint no BS like last time.

17. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Wow! Honestly, I think this is great for Borgetti and for Mexico. It's going to open more doors for Mexican players, especially after Juan Pablo Garcia goes over to Europe someday ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Borgetti's the first Mexican to play in England, right?

How many of you guys are going to get a Bolton number 9 jersey now?

18. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Thats about what Mcbride cost Fulham and we both know Jared is better.

19. youth18

youth18 New Member

Apr 25, 2005
    Im happey his going but i dont think english soccer fits his style his not quick and lets face it he cant handle the pace they play at maybe im wrong hopefully he makes us all proud and suceeds.

20. SoulflyTribeFC

Mar 24, 2002
    Seems like the Bolton faithful are already excited about "Jair-ed Bore-jhetti"

[​IMG]

21. SoulflyTribeFC

Mar 24, 2002
    Actually, 1.5 million is not a whole lot of money to throw at a player like this. Bolton is in the UEFA cup so they need as many players as possible. He'll definitely get a chance there becuase he's proven, it's not a young going over trying to show what he can do.

And from Borgetti's side, fvck it, he's getting paid the same in England than Pachuca, so why not? If he goes over there and kicks butt, how much more popular will he be? (especially considering he's not that popular around these boards)

Frankly, Borgetti's the best forward in CONCACAF and he should be playing in England or another European league.

22. sunnyblack

sunnyblack New Member

Jun 2, 2005
    i cant wait to see jared play in England :D, is he the first Mexican to play in the EPL?

23. haro0101

haro0101 New Member

Feb 27, 2004
    tampa bay
    i guess my favorite premiership team is now the Bolton Wanderers!!

24. jmarquez1976

jmarquez1976 New Member

May 5, 2005
    No muerdas!
    I hate to blow the young one's bubble, but this is unfortunate news for Mexican NT. I guarantee he is either going to get injured or not find his rhythm, and will not be in good shape for the World Cup. Bad fvcking news....we don't need our strikers to go to England..Jared will not learn anything there, or get anything positive out of it.