Borgetti looking to return for WC 2010

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by MexicoitaliA05, Sep 5, 2007.

1. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    Although 2010 is still far away. I would not be opposed to Jared comming off the bench in 2010, granted he should be in good form to be considered. You guys are seriously underestimating what a, in form, player of his caliber can offer. See the 1st Paraguay game of this year.

2. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Let's see how the new kids pan out, and after that we'll all know if we need him or not. sometimes is good to have a veteran in the squad, almost all selecciones take one or two to mundiales.;)

3. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    Brazil took Cafu (35) to Germany 2006.

Italy took Maldini (35) and Di Livio (36) to Korea-Japan 2002.

France took Zidane (35) to Germany 2006.

Portugal took Figo and Pauleta (34) to Germany 2006

Even we took Claudio Suarez (37)

I don't see how a 36-year-old (by 2010) Borgetti who has tons of experience at the international level couldn't be taken into consideration (assuming he's in good form and scoring goals).

There has to be a balance between youth and experience. It's too risky to depend on so many attacking players who haven't had any WC experience.

It's always good to have an experienced target man in your squad.

4. becauseigothigh

becauseigothigh New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Very true. Its not like he's going to be a starter, but a good guy to have on the bench.

If chiquis can go to a world cup and not do shit, then so can Borgetti.

5. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I've never been a big borgeti fan, but in all honesty the guy delivers when he has to. I would love to have him coming off the bench if he is still performing by that time.

I didn't want him as a starter last year, this year or next, but if the guy continues to do what he does best, then he belongs on the bench. We don't have many players who can do what he did in WC 02, Confed 99 or even confed 05, and I'm pretty positive that in a supplemental role he can deliver the same.

I can see it now, a close game that has been hotly contested and the game winner from none other than that fool himself.

What good does a good cross do you if the guy on the receiving end can't do his part?

6. Gaspar Yanga

Gaspar Yanga New Member

May 18, 2006
    Compton
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I guess I also agree if he can still deliver by then he should be on the bench but as long as he doesn't become what Luis "el matador" hernandez became in '02....

7. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He was born in Mexico thats all those tards at OT need to know. lol

They are just trying to rile people up anyways, its quite funny.

8. ElChivisto

ElChivisto Member

Dec 10, 2006
    First Borgetti...NOW OSWALDO!!:eek:
    http://www.oem.com.mx/esto/notas/n408797.htm#

Damn, I guess they really think Mexico is going to win the Cup this time around...well who wouldn't....MEXICO, 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP SOUTH AFRICA CHAMPIONS BITCHES!

9. L.A.

L.A. Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nah, Borgetti shouldn't come back.

10. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Sorry I am a Chivas fan but (No) Oswaldo I think because of him he might of screwed up last world cup he makes too many errors as of late in his career.
    Borgetti I'm okay with why I say this well we need to think about some of our players getting red cards in this coming world cup it would be good to have a target man we know can do something!

11. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    Interview with Inzahgi that kind of pertains to this discussion.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/7196366

12. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Thanks for the link but you can't compare Inzaghi to Borgetti Inzaghi hustles Borgetti waits in the box, but Borgetti rules the header area but thats about it
    also between temoc going and Borgetti I would go with Borgetti cuase his headers are what threatens goalies. Temoc can barely run anymore

13. Chivas100

Chivas100 New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Chicago
    i say bring the borg to a last game(friendly) farewell with la Seleccion. maybe a friendly before the world cup 2010. i remember he scored against the netherlands in a friendly before world cup 2006.

14. MexicoitaliA05

MexicoitaliA05 New Member

Jan 3, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    borgetti yes. oswaldo....well, thats a different story.

15. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i would not be against him being on the team. but seeing how Borgetti has been plagued by injuries within the last year, i just can't picture him in the World Cup.

thank you for everything Jared, but it's time to move on

16. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thanks for everything you did for the seleccion J.B. but it would be better if you just cheered for the seleccion from the comfort of your own home just like the rest of us.

17. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    It does help that Borgetti does not rely on speed like "el matador." As long as he has a serviceable body, a head, and someone delivering services... he can make a diference

18. frescoxl

frescoxl New Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Saint Louis
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Who cares if he can or cannot make the difference. I for one am tired of him not being able to play with his feet which is what futbol is all about. Seeing this guy score goals using his head is BORING. I dont want to see that shit.

I want Gio messing with defenders passing the ball to Vela and back again to Nery to Vela GOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Gio to Borgetti...almost a gol
    Nery to Borgetti...almost a gol
    Villaluz to Borgetti.. almost a gol
    Pass to Borgetti....looses the ball
    Pass to Borgetti....horrible shot
    Vela Punches Borgetti....Borgetti falls
    Gio to Vela..>GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOlLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

19. Gol Por Gloria

Gol Por Gloria BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2006
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes Oswaldo will be at the world cup, but as a second string or third kinda like kahn was for the german team in 06 WC:D

Seriously Oswaldo had his moments but his time has passed and its time for the young blood to sweat the green jersey, that and every time I see him guarding our goal I get reminded of all the fracasos we had in the past. I want a new light of hope at the goal just like we received with our new attack.

20. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    So you would rather Mexico look like world beaters in the first round, just to get knocked out in the second round? Fu<<K that... I'm tired I want a trip to the quarter finals and beyond. In order to do that Mexico must field a complete team and have sufficient depth.

Look no-one is saying Borgetti should start in 2010... he might not even be first choice off the bench... but there will be games where everything will be going against us... near miss after near miss... games where everything is at stake, where a set piece goal will be gold, at this point I would rather have Borgetti in the box in those situations than any of our forwards... Maybe that will change by 2010 but until then... Si tiene algo que aportar... venga Jared.

To this date i'm convinced that if our U20's would have had a player of Borgetti's characteristics... they probably would have gotten by Argentina.

21. grrrr

grrrr New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    people in favor of Borgetti not only playing in 2010 but returning to the MNT just dont have a clue of futbol, please refrain from posting and stop putting yourselves in shame.

22. Dos_santos

Dos_santos Member+

Aug 10, 2006
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Landin is the closes player we have that is tall enough for set pieces
    and he sucks if borgetti can still play take him.

23. Robert_08

Robert_08 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    El Paso
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah but i doubt he'll be playing good

24. esesam

esesam Member

Dec 15, 2005
    IL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
  25. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    Exactamundo...

Look I understand everyone is tired of Borgetti ball, we have been playing a style revolved around him for the last 8 years... Now we have some new weapons that will change our style of play and who wouldn't be excited about players like Gio, Nery, and Vela... What they don't understand or don't want to admit is that our golden three are players with very similar characteristics. All three are fast, skilled with the ball on their feet, and can finish very well with their feet. But what happens when we face a team like the Argentinan U20 squad that pounded our forwards physically, that didn't have to worry about a presence in the middle because we kept playing to our new found strength (mobility at the forward position). There has to be a variable that we can use that can keep opponents honest, give them something to worry about in the middle of their box, give them something to worry about in set pieces and watch them play less physical.

I just think its stupid to discount any contributions that he can potentially make because he plays boring soccer, or because he is to old. Fact is we will need a target player in the middle of the box at one point or another in 2010, If by that time Borgetti is the best Mexican Target man, then welcome aboard. If it's not Borgetti... then Kikn, Cacho, Landin, Maza... whoever the best target forward is at the time should be going.