Borgetti --> Europe

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by chapulin, Jul 2, 2005.

1. chapulin

chapulin Member

Feb 27, 2005
    El Estado Dorado
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I heard this on a Republica Deportiva news brief... it was really fast and i didn't catch all of it. All I heard is he has really good offers that Pachuca and him can't turn down and that they're from England, Spain, and Germany... anyone else know more to thizz? :confused:

2. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He already got one from Malaga, but it was low payment and for "prestamo" so he didn't took it. Lets see whats next, hopefuly something good.

3. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    The guys too old he will just make a fool out of himself and Mexico!

4. El Campeonisimo

El Campeonisimo New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    Nuevo Leon

Borgetti is the best header in the world, and we have cases of old guys playing good in Europe like Dely Valdez who is 36 and play the last season with Malaga.

With a good year in europe, he will be ready for the WC, and two more years in Europe after that, he doesn't need much to do just put the head in the right moment.......and GOAL!!!!!!

And he will be retiring at 35 and being the best mexican goalscores in the NT, i hope he can go to a league like the Bundesliga or the EPL and be the first mexican to play there.

5. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I completely agree, he can be dangerous in a league like the EPL where his height and heading abilities can be very useful. Even if he is nearly 32, the EPL has a number of veteran goal scorers; eg: Bergkamp, Shearer, etc.

6. El Chivito

El Chivito New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Califas
    The strengths that Borgetti has would play out very well with a few different leagues in Europe. "Height and **Heading ability".

7. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    that would be nice, and thats true a year in europe would be great for him right before the world cup..

borgetti is probally the best header iv see and like the guys above me said.. his height is also very usefull

8. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    so we will probably know in a week or so right? :rolleyes:

9. chapulin

chapulin Member

Feb 27, 2005
    El Estado Dorado
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hopefully...

I at least wanta see one mexican go to Europe in the next couple of weeks...

10. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    What about Salcido? can't believe there are no euro teams looking to buy him. He is better than Marquez.

11. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. FC RASTA

FC RASTA Member

Mar 28, 2005
    California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People place to much emphasis on age....you have a lot of young players or players who are in their physical prime, lets say mid 20's but their maturity level is poor. I will take a fit 30 year old over a fit 25 yr old who is imature, does not yet grasp the whole game and who does not work hard in practice. Althought Borgetti is not my type of forward...he does not beat anyone with his moves or feet, I think he could help teams that use a winger style of play.

13. Gringocholo

Gringocholo New Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Dublin
    I f he goes to Europe he will do very well,but in a good team not Malaga.In my oppinion the Mexican League is better than alot of othe European leagues,like the Belgian one,the swiss one,the Scandanavian and the Scottish ones.

14. El Chivito

El Chivito New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Califas
    You may be right, but it is hard to compare especially because the MFL has little respect from FIFA. The MFL is definetly under-estimated.

15. AtlasZorritoX4

AtlasZorritoX4 New Member

Oct 8, 2004
    ~NORTHERN CAL14NIA~
    Wooow, Slow down buddie, I wouldn't go as far as to say he is better than Marquez. Hes very talented but Rafa still has the skills and experince.

16. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    i aggre... he is good but he is not as good as marquez...

i pretty sure that salcido will be called to a european team tho. hes got the skill and im sure hes been wating for an opportunity like this.. hopefully he grabs on to it

17. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    He may have had a better tournament but that doesn't mean he is better than Rafa.

18. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I hope borgetti does go to europe because that will mean one more mexican player in europe. By the time the world cup comes he will be at a higher playing level. :cool:

19. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I would also like to see aron galindo and omar bravo go to europe soon but I know Galindo won't be going anywhere soon because of his ban but could you imagin the skills if galindo would go to europe man him and Marquez side by ide and salcido it would be called the wall of death!

20. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    yeah id like too see Omar Bravo, Jared Borgetti, Aron Padilla, Ramon Moralez, Hector Altamirano go to euro to develop there skill a little more just in time for the WC

21. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    you said it but borgetti for sure will improve his header skills and timing!

22. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No guys, if any of those players would be going to Europe(which I don't see), it won't help much for the World Cup. They would be struggling to get a starting position and therefore not get that much playing time, such as in Torrado's case...

23. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    If borgetti does go to europe I'm pretty sure he will be starter. If his not he''ll probably refuse to play :p

24. El Chivito

El Chivito New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Califas
    I just heard on a small noticiero from L.A. that Borgetti has to offers from Europe.
    One light approach again from Malaga and a more serious offer from a German team in Berlin. He made it seem like it was a more serious offer, but it may be over stated.

Lets hope that it is true and he does go to a German team. Much better fit then Malaga!