Borderlands

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Toon³, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    [​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDSRdp6Ar3M"]YouTube - Borderlands Gameplay Trailer[/ame]

So it's got some of the best box art ever, the best trailer for many years, 4 player co-op and 87 bazillion guns, dare we believe the hype?

2. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just starting out and so far I like what I've played. I'm only a level 5 solider but I'm thinking about starting up a Sniper class for when I play co-op with people. I think the co-op is where the game is really gonna shine.

3. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Would you say the game's success is contingent on playing multiplayer?

I'm considering giving it a rent, and if I like, buying it.

4. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After a weekend of playing the campaign on solo and co-op I would have to say yes it is contingent. Playing the campaign on my own just felt a bit too empty; the gameplay was sort of bland and the story as far as I can tell is non-existent. I'd totally recommend going the rental route with chance to buy.

5. TxDynamo

TxDynamo Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Houston
    i love this game. kinda surprised it isnt being discussed here more. Being a hunter with a sniper and shotty is pure win.

6. holytoledo

holytoledo New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Just bought the game last night. Really enjoying it but I've spent most of the time on solo. Played a bit with some randoms online but got disconnected after about 10 minutes. Will play some more tonight probably with some of my friends which should be a blast.

7. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I've completed it as Ronald the soldier and I enjoyed it quite a bit, the story was weak as hell and the ending was lame but getting there was fun and challenging at parts.

It would have been nice to have some quests to do after finishing the storyline but it looks like the DLC will be pretty big.

8. TxDynamo

TxDynamo Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Houston
    Have you done playthrough 2? Much tougher and much better gear so ive heard. I plan on playing till the DLC comes out. Gotta make sure i find the best gear before the DLC comes out:D

9. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (Yeah yeah, necroposting is creepy)

Anyone still have this? I just picked it up over the weekend (for about $15) and was curious if anyone would want to do some co-op sometime.

:D