Bordeaux Thread [R]

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by Hypo-Luxa, Jan 5, 2006.

1. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Re: Bordeaux Thread

That's a good point. Though whereas I believe Mavuba deserves to be on the national team, Diarra doesn't. On Faubert, no offense to François Clerc, as he hasn't done that horribly filling in for Willi, I think that Faubert would attack way more, and defensively they're not that different.

Then again, if I were in charge, I think I'd take Chimbonda or play Gallas there with Mexès in the center.

Anyway, yes, it's not easy to replace 2 internationals on short notice.

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

I think its sad that a Frenchman would rather place in Scotland(Faubert's 1st choice) or with a mid table Spanish team. Bordeaux SHOULD be a bigger club than Villareal but they arent because the system isnt fair. As for Mavuba, West Ham should have been relegated for christ sakes ! Why would a Frenchman want to go there rather than stay in Bordeaux I have no frigging idea. These players and their agents completely baffle me. Frenchmen have no pride just greed. I feel bad for Bordeaux fans because this is just wrong.

3. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France

I agree though Villareal did actually reach the semis of the Champions League only a year ago, and would have tied the game against Arsenal had Riquelme not had his penalty saved (which was shocking).

Hmmm, the only reason that I could think of as to why Faubert wanted to join Rangers is because there he'd be guaranteed almost a 50-50 shot at making it into the Champions League. I have no idea why he'd want to go to West Ham though (no offense to supporters of West Ham).

However, Bordeaux, like us, have a pretty good youth system, and there are some very bright and hungry starlets in Obertan, Ducasse and obviously Henri Saivet, who is scoring a couple of stunning goals at the U-17 level along with Auxerre's Vincent Acapandié. Saivet could be a year away, but Obertan is definitely ready, as well as Ducasse, though Diarra's signing would hurt him getting a starting role.

I think the wild card to Bordeaux's season will actually be Laurent Blanc because I don't think anyone knows about his abilities as manager. Will he turn into another good player turned manager like Didi? Who knows.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  5. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX

A man's gotta make a living. Pride means nothing to the players.

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

L1/BORDEAUX:

Decisive day for Diarra
    François DAVID - Wednesday July 04, 2007 - 16h15

Designated successor of Rio Mavuba, the Lyonese currently negotiates his arrival at the Of Gironde ones of Bordeaux. Jean-Louis Triaud and Laurent Blanc want to also sign Jean-Alain Boumsong.

In this middle of week, the Of Gironde ones of Bordeaux try to find the successor of Rio Mavuba, transferred yesterday to Villareal. Without surprise, the priority is called Alou Diarra. The powerful international medium is the subject of an unrestrained court on behalf of Of Gironde, and Laurent Blanc in particular.

The successor of Ricardo wants the Lyonese absolutely. And it is ready with all the madnesses to obtain it. Extremely of its new financial power (the sales of Faubert and Mavuba brought back 16 million euros), Bordeaux has weighty arguments. Laurent Blanc already spoke wages with Diarra, who touches 200 000 euros monthly with the OL. Today, Jean-Louis Triaud must discuss with his entourage. If an agreement will undoubtedly be found quickly, Triaud will have to then convince its counterpart Jean-Michel Aulas. To tear off the player, Bordeaux should pour an allowance of transfer of nine million euros.

Boumsong is very, very expensive...

As we affirmed it to you Monday, the alternative to Diarra is called Emerse Fae. The Nantes one is less expensive in transfer and wages. But in spite of its qualities, its impact would undoubtedly be less large than that of Diarra.

In central defense, Laurent Blanc dreams of Jean-Alain Boumsong. International French of Juventus touches 400 000 euros Nets per month. Bordeaux is ready to ensure half. The Of Gironde ones must discuss with the Italian leaders in the hours. If an agreement were not found, the Haitian Jean-Jacques Pierre, revelation of the second part of season, could unload in the Gironde.

http://www.mercato365.com/article_174055_Journee-decisive-pour-Diarra.shtml

7. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  8. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France

It appears Laurent Blanc wants to work on reclamation projects like Bellion, Alou Diarra and Monterrubio, while dumping veterans like Smicer. Interesting.

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

I thought Monterrubio prolonged with Lens.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  11. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Is it lame that my very good friend supports Bordeaux because
    of their wineries? I'm serious they are his Ligue 1 club.

12. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France

My family and I like Auxerre because of wine from Bourgogne. That and Guy Roux. Though obviously he's no longer at the club.

13. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France

[Alou] Diarra has now signed. With him, Ducasse and Fernando, Bordeaux actually have one of the better rosters of defensive midfielders in L1. Of course, it would have been even better had they kept Mavuba, though hopefully he will advance his career in Spain.

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

diarra > mavuba and 17M > 7.75M. a great deal for les scapulaires.

16. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France

guignol, I'd disagree. While there are no doubts that they're saving cash, I don't believe Diarra is a better player than Mavuba. Quite the contrary, in my opinion. Diarra is bigger, but Mavuba is a much better distributor/dribbler, as well as being a more consistent player. Additionally, I don't think I have seen a player with as much energy as Mavuba except for Claude "Monsieur trois poumons" Makélélé. In any case, defensive midfield is strong at Bordeaux and arguably, it'd be a strong position across all of France.

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

I thought they wanted Diarra on a loan deal but I guess Blanc whined to Triad and he caved in and paid the 7.5 mil.
    Of course I'd take Mavuba over Diarra but one guy didnt want to be there and the other one really wanted to come so you have to keep that in mind. With Chalme, Bellion, and Diarra I really like their signings so far. This team is still pretty weak up front. They lack someone who can put the ball in the net consistantly. If Bellion cant do it then Chakmah finally need to step up and fullfill his potential.

18. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France

I think they are a wild card this season, with Blanc as the biggest factor.

I agree on the lack of proven goalscorers up front, though, as Edixon Perea is a bust, Darcheville was mediocre before his departure and Chamakh has certainly struggled, interestingly enough, since he decided to choose Morocco over France. Cavenaghi is another wild card I think. A good season out of him would solve a lot of problems.

I don't dislike their recruitment this offseason in terms of saving costs, but I do think they've been reduced in quality overall, though as aforementioned, it's not always their fault.

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Chamakh, a tough name to spell. I always spell it wrong.

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

it's easy to confuse the two, but mavuba is much less efficient. he runs and runs but often doesn't seem in synch. he can't distribute balls he doesn't win.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Juventus : Boumsong refuse un club français
    Ignazio GENUARDI - dimanche 22 juillet 2007 - 14h29

Le défenseur français de la Juventus Turin, Jean-Alain Boumsong, aurait repoussé une approche d'une équipe française (autre que Bordeaux).

Alors que la Juventus Turin poursuit ses recherches pour débusquer un nouveau défenseur central, Jean-Alain Boumsong n'envisage toujours pas de quitter la Vieille Dame. Un club français, dont l'identité n'a pas filtré, aurait récemment tenté une approche mais l'international français n'a pas donné suite.

Aujourd'hui, seul Bordeaux, qui espère encore obtenir un prêt, serait susceptible de lui faire revoir sa position.

I.G.

http://www.mercato365.com/depeches/...ventus-Boumsong-refuse-un-club-francais.shtml

22. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX

Who the hell does he think he is?

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Well he is playing for one of the biggest clubs in Europe in Serie A so Im not surprised he doesnt want to leave.

24. fosssv

fosssv New Member

Jul 26, 2007

good day

my team, Panathinaikos of Athens, has signed up
    a player who played for your team this season,
    joseph enkarhire. could anyone please advise
    if he was a good player?

you had him on loan, so if he was good enough,
    why haven't you bought him?
    why did he only play 16 games this season?

thanks a lot!