Bordeaux Thread [R]

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by Hypo-Luxa, Jan 5, 2006.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Re: Bordeaux Thread

I never heard of this guy ? What does he bring ?

2. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005

He's your basic #9. Was great at River Plate and the Argentina youth teams, then traded all that in for Russia... He messed up big time, and now looks to make up for it. You could be getting two different players here.

3. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Benficafan3,

He didn't trade anything in for Russia. He was transferred to Spartak Moscow and never really got the chance to settle in. Heck, in the 2006 season, he didn't figure in the coache's plans. He was sitting on the bench most of the time. Plus, I'm sure he had a difficult time adapting to the language and the way they play in Russia. I'm confident he can turn his career around with this move.

4. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe

yay bordeaux

5. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005

I fail to see how he didn't trade anything in. He no longer possesed his ability while at Spartak nor did he ever play much of a figure in the Argentina NT. He most likely went for the money. Let's see what he can do at Bordeaux

6. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-europespartakcavenaghi&prov=reuters&type=lgns

As Fedotov stated, part of the blame lies with Spartak. They didn't use him correctly. I'm confident with this move, he'll prove all of his doubters wrong.

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

curse you, you dastardly fiends! :(

payback will be a bitch :mad: .

8. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

props on your win.

dont get too cocky. ;)

9. mr-bob

mr-bob New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    San Francisco
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Defeated by Troyes this saturday, 1-0.
    Cavenaghi showed good things, I hope he will become the striker we are waiting for.

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

he's just sore about not getting le ballon de plomb...

11. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France

He's just doing his annual move. ;)

12. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX

They always make fun of him for that, don't they?

Poor Steph.. but it's really fun to pick on somebody :D

13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

doha-sur-garonne? :confused:

Bordeaux : Blanc a-t-il convaincu Candela ? (27/06/2007)
    Comme nous vous l'annonçions il a quelques jours, les Girondins de Bordeaux tiennent toujours à enrôler le défenseur latéral Vincent Candela (33 ans). Libre depuis son départ de Messine, le champion du monde 98, également contacté par Lens, ne serait pas contre une dernière pige en France. Fan de son ancien coéquipier chez les Bleus, Laurent Blanc aurait même appelé l'ancien joueur de la Roma, selon Le Parisien. Le nouvel entraîneur bordelais aura-t-il réussi à convaincre Candela ? (Par Pierre-Damien Lacourte)

source maxifoutaise

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

I've been trying to follow what they've been doing this offseason and there havent been any major departures(inevietable with French teams)so far but I did read that Faubert wants to join Rangers and all that I can say is WHY ??? A young up and coming French international player should not want to leave Bordeaux for Scotland. He's a moron in my eyes. Darchville was different ok, he's 31, out of contract and expendable.

15. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Perhaps Julien doesn't like wine? I have to agree, though, that it makes no sense for Faubert to join Rangers, except if his idea of enjoyment is, in 8 out of 9 games, running by defenders slow enough that he can wait a couple of seconds before they catch up.

16. The Mighty Frog

The Mighty Frog New Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Somewhere
  17. Solsombra

Solsombra New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    London

Well it is official, Faubert joined West Ham this morning. Could anybody on here tell me what kind of player my team has bought. Do people think he has the attributes to succeed in the Premiership and is does he represent value for money at nearly £6million.

18. The Mighty Frog

The Mighty Frog New Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Somewhere

He's from French Guyana so he's great. :rolleyes:

19. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France

I'm really no fan of West Ham nor Bordeaux, but I can tell you that Faubert is a good player. He really should be an immediate starter, perhaps on the right wing instead of right-back if Curbishley decides to stick with Lucas Neill at the back. Julien has tons of speed, thus that should help him a lot in the Premiership. He's not that good defensively, though he tries. He has a good shot, too.

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Bordeaux are looking at bringing in Matheiu Chalme of Lille to replace Faubert and Alou Diarra to replace Mavuba should he sign in Spain.

21. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Hmmm, can someone say downgrade?

I think someone like Chalmé joining Les Girondins would be quite likely, as he's from Bordeaux, after all.

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Slight downgrade, not a major one. These players werent for sale but they wished to leave so how can you upgrade from that on short notice.

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Bordeaux: Does Mavuba from go away, Diarra arrives? (03/07/2007)
    The Of Gironde ones of Bordeaux should lose their medium of defensive ground, Rio Mavuba (23 years), in the days to come. International French is awaited Villarreal. To replace it, the leaders Marine and White think more than ever of the Lyonese Alou Diarra (25 years), decided well to leave the Rhone after one delicate season. (By Nicolas Lagavardan

http://news.maxifoot.com/info-065777_70703/football.php