Bordeaux Thread [R]

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by Hypo-Luxa, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX
    Re: Bordeaux Thread

The campaign's over. Bordeaux are just not good enough to compete among the European elites.

2. HypoLuxa

HypoLuxa New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Austin, TX

The campaign's not over, but it's close. That game Wednesday was huge as we all know, but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility for Bordeaux to recover and squeak into the second spot in the group.

Bordeaux's strength is the defense and that translates better on the road than a high-powered offense, so they still have a realistic chance. Hell, I think they can even get a point out of Liverpool at Anfield!

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

I'm very excited about the Bordeaux-Liverpool match this week because I'll be able to watch it. I'll be pulling for Bordeaux all the way to get a positive result.

4. HypoLuxa

HypoLuxa New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Austin, TX

I'm actually very optimistic about this match. Gerrard's out with an injury and Ricardo is going to have his boys play aggressive, since they HAVE to get results now that Bordeaux are 0-1-1 with no goals scored as of yet.

Hopefully Ricardo will use Micoud in a creative role right behind the striker/s, like he did against Monaco last weekend.

Whatever the case I'm predicting a 1-0 win for les Girondins!

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Dalmat, Planus, and Smicer are all out.

6. HypoLuxa

HypoLuxa New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Austin, TX

Still looking at a 1-0 victory for Bordeaux! >_<

7. HypoLuxa

HypoLuxa New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Austin, TX

well the scoreline was 1-0, but for liverpool, not Bordeaux. According to the stat tracker Bordeaux got 18 shots off and only 1 on target. That's horrible. That will pretty much do it for Bordeaux since PSV beat Galatasaray today...It was fun while it lasted...:(

BUT maybe they can now focus on Ligue1 and improve their position and get back to the top of the table!

8. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006

pretty dull game, bordeaux had lots of posession, but liverpool had the 3 best chances.

Bordeaux shouldnt give up totally, I would like to see them get the 3rd spot, instead of gala

9. HypoLuxa

HypoLuxa New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Austin, TX

Yeah, 3rd position is definitely attainable and that should be the goal.

Possession and shots from 25 yards out isn't going to get it done. That's been Bordeaux's problem last year and continuing on into this year. Micoud helps, but Chamakh and Darcheville just can't seem to score on a consistant basis.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Chamkah and the Columbian guy should have started. They did well when they came on. Darchville and Lelasnders gave you nothing. These guys shouldnt be starting. They need to sign a striker in Jan. thats decent. Dalmat, Planus and Smicer are all players who start but werent available. The team doesnt have much depth. The crowd seemed decent and into it even though the match was dull.

11. Allez

Allez New Member

Feb 18, 2006

in recent seasons, Bord always have problems in attacking.
    they can now only strike for uefa cup.

12. HypoLuxa

HypoLuxa New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Austin, TX

Chamakh and Perea are the most dynamic of striker's, sure, but i think Ricardo was going for experience over youth...I don't think that was the right tactic either, but he's the boss...not me. :rolleyes:

Ricardo is a Defense First kind of manager and I think after last year's and this year's team which only gives up a goal a game(with a few exceptions) I think it's high time he finds some attacking options. I've been calling for it for awhile now and Micoud was definitely an improvement...but not nearly enough...

UEFA football will be the goal, but even that competition has some tough teams in there, and unless Bordeaux can get over their offensive ineptitude, it'll be a quick tourney for them as well.

Hopefully the extra moneys Bordeaux earns from the different competitions will fuel a move for a striker or a dynamic winger and shift them from a great defensive team to a more well-balanced team...

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

They wanted Daniel Carlvaho who plays for CSKA Mocsow but his club said they would wait until they were or werent qualified for the next round of the Champions League before they made a decision on what to do with him. He scored vs Arsenal. He would have been a good signing for Bordeaux.

14. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Well they beat PSG 2-0. Luque would be a good signing.

16. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California

bordeaux say no to any possibility of luque joining them.
    http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=430017&CPID=24&clid=140&lid=11&title=Bordeaux+say+'no'+to+Luque

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

That seems reasonable that he would want someone who has played regularly all year.

18. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Its nice to see that Laslandes and Darcheville are been allowed to leave. Those guys are mediocre at best and should be sent packing. There are actually teams out there who want them.

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Laslandes is already gone to Nice. The Raul Tamudo track looks really interesting. That would be sweet if it happens. I read that he can be had for only 4 million euros. He's 29 and has 7 goals for Espanyol.

21. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Raul Tamudo said he was not aware of any rumor sending him elsewhere than Espanyol.

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Well I dont think he would want to go to Bordeaux I was saying that if they were to get him some how it would be a great singing. Of all the forwards they are being linked with, he is clearly the best name that has been mentioned.

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

hi i was wondering how Edixon Pereas doing because Copa america(sa euro cup for those who dont no) is in June and Colombia really needs a striker.. tho it doesnt look like he gets much 1st team action

24. Herm

Herm New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bordeaux, France

He does not play so much, that's true. When he's on the field, he's quite bad. He had a good time during the early season but he did not get much playing time from Ricardo. He might not understant that and lost his motivation. I hope he'll get better and be the promising player we expected when he signed on summer '05.

Anyway, Bordeaux signed today Cavenaghi. That's a great news for our attack which has been quite inefficient since Pauleta's leaving in 2003.
    Rumours were saying it would be on loan. In the end, that's a 4 1/2 years contract for 8 millions euro. His shirt number is 7.

[​IMG]

25. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Hey Herm,

You guys just got yourself on helluva player. I'll be following Bordeaux a lot more closely now. As I am a supporter of River Plate, the club where he started at, I'm happy to see him leave Russia for the beautiful wine country of France.:D