Bordeaux Thread [R]

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by Hypo-Luxa, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Herm

Herm New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bordeaux, France
    Re: Bordeaux Thread

0-0 in Gerland against OL yesterday. That's quite a good result for staying second in this championship but not really if we aim to be champion.

But, we were very bad for attacking. Our game was as interesting as a football team in primary school : as early as we got the ball, we were shooting right ahead. :mad:

2. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX

Bordeaux DID pick up a point over Auxerre who lost (thank goodness), and that is about the only good thing that came out of yesterday's match. The first 5 minutes or so it looked as if Bordeaux were actually going to play for a win, but after Cris's near goal, the ultra-defensive tactics kicked in.

I am ok with these tactics in order to get the team in order, but I am hoping that if/when Bordeaux claim a spot in European competitions the club will invest in a more balanced type of play. Results are great but if the fan-base is alienated by a dire style of play on the pitch, what's the point?

Herm, I also heard that Kodjo Afanou was released after Beto arrived. Is this true? I never thought he was a world-beater but I thought he had a future as defensive cover at the club.

As for next week, let's keep the point streak going against Rennes! We need to put more distance between us and Auxerre, who incidentally are at home against Metz, so they will almost certainly pick up points themselves....

3. Herm

Herm New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bordeaux, France

Yep, that's true. Afanou is not girondins anymore. His wife had a car accident so he had many problems with his family. He told Ricardo he had to leave a few days for this, but he didn't say he went to Morocco. When Ricardo learned it, he was very irritated. In the end, Afanou asked directors to be released to be more focused on his wife and family. But he wants to find a new club for the next season, he should manage to do it. :)
    Moreover, Afanou said he wanted to leave for months so i'm not surprised of it.

Anyhow, Bordeaux builds for next season. We began by the defense and we succeed in it. I hope we will recruit a creator, someone who could be a link between defense and attack, a true offensive midfielder. That's what we lack this year.

Next Saturday, we received Rennes. It won't be easy even if they lost vs Monaco. As you said, Auxerre will certainly get 3 points. So we have to win so as to protect our second place. After it, from day 27 to day 31 or 32 (including Nice or not) will be against teams considered as some of the weakests. But it won't be so easy. If we get to much drawn or lost games against those teams we'll lose our second place for sure. The difference will be there.

4. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX

Bordeaux picked up 2 points over Auxerre AND came 2 points closer to Lyon. I assumed Auxerre would win against Metz, but they thankfully proved me wrong.

Fernando (Can we buy him outright from Siena now, please?) opened up the scoring and Smicer finished it with the Bordeaux defense shutting out yet another opponent. The only bad thing about the game is Rame left injured with an elbow injury. Does anyone know for how long he will be out?

Now we begin a stretch of four games against lower half of the table opposition (Ajaccio away, Metz home, Sochaux away, Toulouse home) and a chance to absolutely concrete a European inclusion and perhaps give Lyon a real run for their money.

Things are looking bright for the club.

5. Herm

Herm New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bordeaux, France

Ramé shouldn't be out for a longtime. He must be OK for the next match against Ajaccio.

6. Herm

Herm New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bordeaux, France

In the end, Raémé is out for 10 days due to an elbow wound. I'm a little afraid by Frederic Roux, the second goalkeeper. He has not been very reassuring for a couple of year in my view. However, i was told he wasn't so bad against Rennes.

7. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX

Oh good. Only 10 days. That means he will miss only one game. Would still like to see him run out there on Saturday, but Roux SHOULD be able to stop Ajaccio. We shall see, though. it is not like the Bordeaux attack can easily overcome a three goal deficit. Hopefully Bordeaux's defense will give Roux an easy night of work.

Any word as to whether Beto will make the trip to Ajaccio or not? If he can score two goals again we could throw anyone in goal and come out winners!

8. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX

And Bordeaux just keep winning! 2-0 against Ajaccio, yes I know it's only Ajaccio, but still they are closer to 1st place than to 3rd place and that is what matters. I personally don't think Bordeaux have a chance to catch Lyon, but they will sure make it interesting.

Chamakh scored which is encouraging. Hopefully he has found his scoring touch again.

9 games in a row Bordeaux have gone without losing, and in those 9 games, only 1 goal was allowed, against Strasbourg of all clubs.

Anyone know if Darcheville is injured or is he just not in the club's plans at the moment? Ulrich rame was on the bench for the game against Ajaccio so hopefully his recovery is coming along as planned. Beto was not on even on the bench. But I guess when Henrique, Planus and jemmali are playing so well, why change it?

Next week is lowly Metz at Parc Lescure and hopefully the points keep coming!

9. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Congrats to you for securing a champs league spot next year!

10. Herm

Herm New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bordeaux, France

And Strasbourg scored on a penalty ! :D

Darcheville is currently injured as many others, but i think he's less and less in Ricardo's plans for the next season.
    Ulrich got and injured albow after his match against Rennes, but he's getting better. He may be back against Metz. Roux was more than OK during Rame's substitution.
    Beto is ill too (sore throat) but he was recruited for the next season so he won't play a lot. Moreover, our defense is quite good so we don't need to change any player.

Even if Metz won Marseille, i don't think they'll be hard to beat. Especially if we play like saturday.

11. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX

Metz nicked two points off of Bordeaux to hinder the chase of Lyon. Chamakh scored two (within the space of 2 minutes as well!), which is great to see, but the usually solid defense let in 3 from a struggling side. One was an own goal from Jemmali, which surely doesn't help the cause.

Next match is against Sochaux on the road. The chase for Lyon cannot make Bordeaux lose sight of the group behind. While Bordeaux is just 6 points from Lyon, Auxerre is just 6 points behind Bordeaux. Focus cannot be lost or else this talk will be for nothing.

It is still a bit disconcerting to look forward at Lyon as the target rather than the amalgous European spot, but thrilling all the same. I don't even think the most ambitious of Bordeaux supporters would have envisioned a chase for the League title at the season's beginning, but that's what we have on hand. Happy days for Bordeaux, that is for sure. Plus with the new moneys that come with European qualification Ricardo can shape the squad more to his liking.

12. Allez

Allez New Member

Feb 18, 2006

Bord are closer to the 3rd, they are 6pts from the 3rd place, and 6pts from the 1st, but Lyon have one more game to play. .

13. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX

Yes NOW they are closer to 3rd (supposing Lyon get any points from their game in hand), but at the time of the post, Bordeaux were closer to Lyon. No matter, as long as the team keeps consistent, 3rd place will not be a factor.

14. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX

Vladi is out injured.. He's gonna be sidelined for about a month. :(

Denilson will be his natural replacement.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Paul Le Guen at Rangers is trying to get Chamakh. I hope this player realizes that playing for Bordeaux in the Champions League is much better than playing in Scotland. Dont let that idiot Le Guen take this guy.

16. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX

Le Guen can have Laslandes! But leave Chamakh alone.

If Chamakh leaves Bordeaux for Rangers it would be a mistake on Bordeaux's and Marouane's part. The SPL is a joke of a league and there is only a handful of meaningful League games. Both Rangers and Bordeaux will be in Europe next year but if Rangers offer silly money then Bordeaux may have no choice.

hope this doesn't happen though...

17. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Rangers will be playing in the Uefa cup next year for Christs sake.

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

You will have to fight PSG for Micoud.

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Darcheville has signed a new contract and Micoud is very close to signing. Darcheville wanted to leave, possibly to Glasgow Rangers perhaps, but now he is staying.

20. Herm

Herm New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bordeaux, France
  21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

What happened to Cheyrou

22. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX

He went back to L'pool. Won't stay there for too long, though.

23. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
  24. Herm

Herm New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bordeaux, France

No, it was journalists' fantasy. He said all these rumours made him laugh. : >

Not exactly, we had an option on his loan to buy it, but we didn't use it. Triaud hope Liverpool reduce Cheyrou's price.
    Yep, we're stingy.