Boquita at Argentinos - CL10-F01 January 31, 2010 (R)

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by vipnerd, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    You can't make this stuff up. On every free kick, I assume that they're giving up a goal. Sad to say but that is not a championship side.

2. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a piss poor way to end a match. Medel helped to minimize the damage the back four allowed but sooner or later it caught up to us. We marked better during open play but those set pieces are just killing us. Roman looked decent in spurts and Palermo still looks old. Mendez should get better and he didn't look bad either.

3. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well order is resumed as normal then. It is criminal to concede the goals we have tonight. I wonder if they just aren't spending enough time on defending set pieces in training.

4. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Does anyone know the situation with all these defenders out on loan? The team could use the likes of Roncaglia, Silvestre right now.

Catania are in the relegation zone and might go down to Serie B. We should try to get Ledesma back.

5. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    its really stupid because these are the same issues we had last torneo as well but obviously nothing was done to improve defending set pieces. At least Pato looked better than he did during the summer matches, but the defense was completely embarrassing. At least Roman gave us hope that he can still carry the team.

Now that Basile is gone, we can see that Martin can actually be subbed out... but still what is the point of bringing Viatri on with three minutes left??

6. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    On the last goal, the guy heads the ball in between 3 Boca defenders. He must be some 7 foot giant, you would think. Nope. That is why I made the earlier comment that they can't defend in the air. Sure, they have their troubles overall, but in the air, it's a whole other level Unless Pato comes out to collect the ball, I expect a goal. And we know that even when Pato gets his hand on the ball, he's liable to bobble it and give it right back to the other guys.

Bottom line...This thing better get fixed...and fixed fast.

7. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In regards to Silvestre and Roncaglia I don't think we could even afford them right now. I'm pretty sure whatever money we got for Caceres was spent on some of the midfielders we just bought. Why didn't we sign a defender?

8. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    But aren't both of them out on loan? I know Roncaglia's loan was for an entire season but what about Silvestre? He's at Catania as well who are in the relegation zone in Italy.

9. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    It is sad to say that Alves' subs were suspicious this time. If on any set piece that is passed the half line you can put it in the box, why take Palermo out? With minutes on the clock?

The fact is that Argentinos has good headers, even without Pavlovich. And Boca has problems in the air, we don't win in any of the 2 boxes.

2 points given away much earlier, when Gaitan ate 2 clear chances trying to gain the first page of the newspapers. You have to put those away ...

Roman looked much better, thinner and faster. This is a must. When Argentinos made the 1-1, and Gaitan had been taken out, Roman tried a few times to dribble past 3. This can only be good, it demonstrates that he has hunger to win and that he feels he can do so these days ... which is what he was missing the past year. Good prospects.

Damn, I'm mad as hell. :mad:

10. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England

If Roman picks up another knock though I'm not sure who we can look to for that little bit of quality, Gaitan perhaps? We lack a leader in the heart of defence someone who can organise and take control of situations. Also I noticed that with this wide diamond type formation we have with Mendez wide right, Erbes quite wide left, Roman behind the striker and Medel dropping deep to cover a defence that will do something stupid, we leave far too much space in the middle, and the space between the players is so wide its hard to get a good quick passing move off.

Don't understand brining Viatri on for 3 mins either, and Rosada is just a walking curse. Gaitan was easily the most dangerous player in the 2nd half (if a little greedy)and at 1-0 up you should be looking to get a 2nd and kill the game off, not bring off your best attcking player for a defensive midfielder.

11. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Some talk has gone around of us eventually going to a double #5 which would help cover the defense. If by doing so we go to three at the back then I'm not sure what the point of two defensive mids is? I think Bonilla should help out on set pieces once he gets over the knock that kept him out tonight.

12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Missed the game today but it sounds like a heartbreaker. At least it's nice to hear that Riquelme and Palermo scored. Hopefully they'll build from it and start winning.

13. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Yeah, heartbreaker in the sense that whenever you concede in extra time, it's a heartbreaker. But I think that anyone watching the game would admit that they felt no lead was safe until time ran out completely. It was just that kind of game for the defense.

14. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    Maestro scored a golazo.

edit;
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5uhITqj4Ug"]YouTube- Riquelme gol a Arg Js-potrecabj[/ame]

My, he could at least try to be happy about this goal....whats up with him ?

15. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    He was formed at Argentinos ... respect.

16. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    He didn't celebrate it because he used to be a part of Argentino Jr's youth system before going to Boca.

17. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    Ahhh...okay. I thought he was bad mooded...