boot reviews part 2

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by htafc, Apr 1, 2005.

1. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    same questions as in part 1
    1. name of boot
    2. fit (true to size, not true to size)
    3. how long u had it, how long they lasted
    4. comfort (1-10, 10 being the most confortable)
    5.looks (1-10, 10 being the best)
    6. grip (how the studs grip the field)
    7. problems with the boot?
    8. overall rating of the boot

just to save people time looking around and asking for reviews

also feel free to post pics :)

2. OUFC4EVER

OUFC4EVER New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Yeovil,somerset
    Mercurial vapor ice.
    size 6 1/2 good sizing
    lasted over a year (still wearing them now but rubbing)
    7.5/10 very comfy
    8/10
    Didn't really take notice of the blades just got on with the game.
    No problems untill your feet grow,then they rub really bad.
    7/10 for overall

3. socca_playa

socca_playa New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Adidas Predator Pulse
    11, good fit
    Recieved them recently, and have been great
    8/10 very comfy
    8/10
    Gripped the turf and grass well
    Had no problems yet, but ppl say the soles split
    8.5/10 overall

4. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    1. Nike AZT90 II
    2. size 10. I really don't know what a "true fit" is. I wear from a 9-10.
    3. a year. they're still in perfect condition, IMO
    4. 9/10
    5.9/10
    6. they grip fairly well. manias had better grip, but those studs were huge.
    7. sometimes the KNG-100 might get a little piece that comes off when you get stepped on, and it leaves a pinkish color there lol.(I've noticed this with the few pairs I've had) it's nothing major though, just nit picking.
    8. 9/10. I like the new stud configuration on the IIIs. But, these are the best of the AZT line. best looking, most comfortable, best fitting.

5. coolj*

coolj* New Member

Apr 2, 2005
    England
    here it goes

1. Azt 90iii
    2. fit well but the toebox could be a bit smaller 7/10
    3. still wearing them in good condition ;)
    4. 9/10 very comfortable well thats what they were made for
    5. 8/10 design growing on me but not as nice as the azt 90ii
    6. Amazing grip when you twisting and turning in and out of players
    7. No problems just yet
    8. 9/10 amazing boot for skills, you get a great touch on the ball, pin point passing , powerfull shots, air zoom unit for comfort and these boots are fairly lightweight

i recommend these boots to any one especially them skilfull play makers. :) :rolleyes: :p

6. Voodudejnr

Voodudejnr New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    1. Adidas predator mania (red)
    2. True to size, enough growing room
    3. Roughly a year and 4-6 months
    4. 9
    5. Amazing, red and silver
    6. Very good grip on most surfaces even though they're Soft Ground
    7. Not really any problems
    8. 9.5/10 Lasted ages and even when they were all worn out they still worked good

7. zz.db.5

zz.db.5 New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    the mountains
    1. adidas Predator Mania FG Lunar
    2. true to size
    3. 8 months and still going; forward instep/sole of right shoe splitting
    :(
    4. 9/10 especially for me, high arch + narrow feet
    5. 8/10 looks really nice, paint scuffs a bit but not too bad
    6. grip is great, nice big blades even for FG
    7. sole splits
    8. 9/10 look great with tongue way down and are plain sweet for touch!
    Took them out for two games today and scored 3 goals.

1. adidas Predator Pulse SG
    2. true to size
    3. lol ~2.5 months
    4. 9/10 good for when you can't wear other boots because of blisters
    5. 9/10 look really good, got black for SG because of mud, but white/blue are really nice
    6. good grip in soft fields, a bit high and unstable on harder fields (duh)
    7. One of the metal xtrx cleats came out at practice, but I found it. I think I dragged my foot a little though.
    8. 9/10 like them a lot

probably going to replace the lunar manias with white/blue beckham predators
    :D :D :D

8. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004

do you find that you get a lot of power when striking the ball with the 90 on the inside of the boot?

9. P-res07

P-res07 New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    can someone give me a review on the new Diadora Brasils?
    How do they compare with other K-leather boots such as the copas or the nike legends?? still tryin to decide which k-leather boot to get.... :confused:

10. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    1. Lotto Zhero FG (red/silver)
    2. fit = Not true to size, feels 1/2 too big
    3. how long u had it? = 1 week 3 indoor matches
    4. comfort = 8
    5.looks = 10
    6. grip = 9.5
    7. problems with the boot? = So far a little stud pressure in the begining.
    8. overall rating of the boot = I'm pretty happy so far. I did pay a bit of money for them, so i hope they work out a little better than the first 2 matches. I have 2 more mathches tonight so we'll see. Light, great touch, great grip, i would say 8/10 due to the sizing and stud pressure. Oh and if you all think Adidas gives you looooooooooooooooong laces, you aint seen nothing till you see the lotto laces. Not only are they long, they're cheap!!

11. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    i hade to wrap them around the back studs which i never do to tie them, why i never cut them i dont have a clue lol.

12. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    The Diadora Brasils upper K-leder are very comfortable, supple, well padded but not too thick therefore still very light. The double-stitching improves durability much more than the Legends. THe Cambrelle lining inside the boot avoids over-stretching thus the shoe stays in original shape even after many many wearings.

The outsole is also very flexible as the last board/footbed are made of PU & not card boards like the Copas thus retains no water when play on wet pitch, as a result much lighter than the Copas. Furthermore the flex-zones at the forefoot improves the movement greatly. THe Engage removable insoles are just second to none. If you go for the 2004/2005 models, the conical studs are shorter than Copas n' Legends, so very suitable for firm/hard pitches. The 2005/2006 models incorporate the Axeler technology which is the same as the Attiva models (check out www.soccer.com for more details on the new models)

Overall, much better than Copas I feel. Rather much different than the LEgends as the latter outsoles are totally different in nature n' material.

THe black-Fluo Yellow is just superb in terms of pitch visibility.

Check out www.prodirectsoccer.com (that's where I got the Brasils Pro & SPA >excellent choice)

Cheers.

13. coolj*

coolj* New Member

Apr 2, 2005
    England
    yes vanity soccer you get a good strike with the instep of the boot

14. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    1. name of boot = Adidas f50+ (red/pearl)
    2. fit = True to size
    3. 1 week
    4. comfort = 8
    5. looks = 9
    6. grip = Pretty good in real grass, not so good in synthetic, likewise with all the adidas that have the stud config.
    7. While they are wider than the originals, they are still narrow, causing some stud pressure on the outside of boot.
    8. Overall I would say 9 - It's only been 3 matches but so far, these are a VAST improvement over the originals, especially in comfort. They are very snug fitting (just as i like) and much better lace cover compared to the first model. I have the luxury of playing in San Diego, where rain and wet fields aren't really a problem. Especially this time of year, so i cant give a wet condition review, and probably won't ever :D I would recommend these over the pulses any day of the week. I wasn't fond of the origianl blue/black color, but these look class. I can't wait for the black/white ones, looks like I better start saving my $$$

15. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    must be real nice. My season was scheduled to start almost a month ago, and I'm yet to play a match. :mad:

It used to not rain in New Jersey and we had drought problems every year, but now it seems like it doesn't stop. I swear though, it doesn't start raining until Thursday night/Friday morning, and continues to Saturday, so the fields are unplayable and games are canceled.

16. CC05

CC05 Member

Jul 16, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Has anyone had the Puma Kings? If so, could you give a review of them - and please be VERY honest :). The lowest rating on here so far is a 7 so, either everyones been lucky in finding a very good pair of boots oooor?

I've heard from a couple people that the Kings fell apart pretty easily and only after maybe 5 times of wearing them. I've also heard that they're pretty heavy so :\. On an upside, others have told me its the best pair of boots they've ever worn :p.

17. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    to you mean puma king's or king sl's?

18. CC05

CC05 Member

Jul 16, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    SL's.

19. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    sorry then i cant help you... :(

20. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    If you're wondering about the KSLs, I can say that they are probably my favorite boot that i've owned in quite some time. Here's my review of them

1. Puma KSL silver/black
    2. fit = Very true to size, little narrow on the toe area
    3. how long u had it? = 6 months
    4. comfort = 10
    5.looks = 10
    6. grip = 9.5
    7. problems with the boot? = Not one problem at all. I will say that if you get the silver ones, the leather at the toe discolors pretty quick, but you REALLY have to look to notice it. Anyone looking at the boot casually won't notice.
    8. overall rating of the boot = 10. These are by far the greatest boots i've ever worn. Light, great touch, pretty good grip studs make for low to the ground fit. They stretched just enough to fit perfect. I have yet to have any problems with the leather, or separation or anything like that. WELL worth the money. I would not reccomend these boots if you have wide feet though. Better suited for narrow feet.

21. nemesisj

nemesisj Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Culver City(L.A.,CA)
    I 2nd it ^ i have them as well the gold ones (lose color quick) but still are in good condition after about 2 yrs. Great shoes.

22. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    ive seen those gold ones in a local sports shop but just my luck they start in a 7 im 6.5/6(UK) so can en e1 help me find them? :)

23. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
  24. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    i think its achynx i want here, can you give me a review on vapor ks, compared to normal ones ;)

25. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    1. Puma Cellerator Zero 4 - Silver/red
    2. true to size, slightly small
    3. 3 days, 1 match
    4. comfort = 10
    5. looks = 11
    6. grip = 10
    7. problems with the boot? = right now my only complaint is that they don't lace up high enough.
    8. overall = 9.5, the lacing thing really bothers me!!!!