Boot question

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Skizz, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I take it everybody saw that Craig Bellamy had to keep switching his F50's during matches last year, and eventually (according to my cousin) he broke off his adidas contract and started wearing Vapor's because he got pig-sick of the F50's that adidas kept giving him. He described them as "sub-standard" (not a dig at adidas wearers, just a quote).

So my question to you is, have you ever quit wearing a pair of boots in absolute disgust, if so which boots and why?

I'll start off by saying I quit wearing my Photo Blue Vapor II's not because I didn't like the boot, but because I wore them in three matches and suffered a calf pull, a broken rib and a fractured metatarsal (each in the different matches, of course - I'm not Superman). In the end I just gave up and bought some Navy/Silvers.

bigg skizzle

2. matthewfoo

matthewfoo Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
    i sold my red pulse after 3 wears. fit sucked for me

3. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    good idea for a thread ;). i hated my old lottos, forgot what the boot was called but they are in the pics of boots thread and someone asked about them, and i hated them because the X-grip thing similar to nikes first touch coating, didnt work and seemed to have decressed the power of my shots, the boots was also heavy and wasn't comfortable at all. I'll try to find out the proper name of boots!

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pulses! Wore them once and they went back into the box!!

appleCORR

5. mrelkane2u

mrelkane2u New Member

May 18, 2005
    NYC
    Any Nike Shoes. I'm sure they make great shoes. They just simply don't fit me. 11US is too big, 10.5US is too small. Unless they come out with a 10.75US for some strange reason, I won't buy another pair of Nike shoes.

I agree with AppleCorr on Pulses. I'm a huge Adidas guy, but this one just doesn't do it for me. They're too narrow and they've got way too many chunky plastic pieces on the upper. Gonna go buy a pair of Kelme Masters next season and leave the pulses in my bag for emergency uses only.