Boom! The Jurgen Klopp Thread II (KLOPP LEAVING AT THE END OF THE SEASON)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Navieko, Dec 13, 2019.

1. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Under Klopp, the Beatles would have never broke up

usscouse and SamScouse repped this.
  3. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    How Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool built a title-winning team for just £75m in transfer fees

In the last four years, Liverpool have spent far less in net terms than rivals Manchester United (£436m net), Arsenal (£292m) and Chelsea (£113m), and the latter couldn’t buy anyone last year due to a transfer ban. Even cross-town perennial underachievers Everton have had a higher outlay in that time (£190m), as have most other Premier League clubs.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/0626/1149840-how-klopp-built-a-title-winning-team-for-just-l75m/

4. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    And they would have ended up a heavy metal band.

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  5. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    In life, there are so many things we have no control over, and have to rely on our leaders. There is nothing more frustrating and infuriating than living in a country with such pathetic leadership.

My football club is yet another thing that I have no control over. That is why it is such a joy to have Jurgen Klopp leading Liverpool. He is a leader that everyone can get behind. Not just the players but the fans as well. He is such a brilliant man who has built this from the ground up. We got to see it happen right in front of us. Being on board for this ride has been one of the most enjoyable things in my life. Klopp is the perfect example of what a leader should be, he has made following Liverpool be nothing but fun, and he has made it something we can be proud of.

The other amazing thing about Jurgen Klopp is that he proves that you can be a ruthless competitor, who is the very best in the world at what he does, and still be a genuinely nice person. It's so obvious that all the players love him and he treats everyone around him the right way. Most people who reach the top are arrogant and don't care who they step on along the way. If you watched ESPN's Michael Jordan documentary, you saw another example of someone whose extreme competitiveness led to him being the very best. But he also got to the top by not caring about what anyone else thought and treating everyone around him poorly. Klopp is the Michael Jordan of football management, but he is also a great person, and special leader.

Thank you Jurgen Klopp,

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  8. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Klopp: "We will not 'defend' the title next year, we will attack for the next one."

Wingtips1, CB-West, delaynomo and 3 others repped this.
  9. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    gotta love the guy .....

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  12. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Will that work?

13. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Klopp reiterated his plan to call it quits after the 23-24 season when his contract extension expires.
    That's 20-21 using our current squad and 'attacking another title.'
    21-22 to 'rebuild' the squad and have a 'down' year in 2nd place.
    22-23 and 23-24 to be challenging for trebles.

newterp repped this.
  14. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #139 White/Blue_since1860, Jul 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    You mean like Klopp in a NT job? Who knows. Totally different from a club coach job description. And Klopp lives from being with his players every day making them better.

15. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That’s what I thought, too. Although, he may have mellowed by then. He’s clearly an intelligent bloke and will not take a job he which he can’t deliver.

speker repped this.
  16. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Also after he's won most of the major club competitions what's left to complete the set?

The World Cup would be a nice way to end his career and retire.

17. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    could be. but otoh his success comes when he can drill his players into a structure and mindset based on constantly knowing where teammates will be, and how they need to react when things go right or wrong 100 times every game.

this requires god knows how many hours of repetitive drills and experience together. not all players can (or want to) focus to the degree needed. and the Neymar type of player will never adapt to doing the hard yards.

hard to do all that in a NT setting.

18. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Give him Germany's best for a couple years I wouldn't bet against them , Sam.

19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    After Wycombe won the League One play-off final to reach the second tier for the first time, striker and lifelong Liverpool fan Adebayo Akinfenwa urged Jürgen Klopp to “hit him up on WhatsApp”. Being a first-class gent with solid tech skills, Klopp was only too happy to oblige – and has invited Akinfenwa to the team’s title parade, too.

20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    yeah it's not like he'd start from a position of weakness. I wish him all the best no matter what he ends up doing, but there's a reason why successful club managers often struggle with NT's. we'll see I guess

21. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If he took the Germany job, it would make it very hard to hate them...but I'll find a way. :D

22. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    KLOPP NAMED MANAGER OF THE YEAR !!!!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53560879
    Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp has been named the League Managers Association manager of the year.

Klopp's team won the Premier League - the Reds' first English top-flight title for 30 years.

Emma Hayes recently won the FA Women's Super League manager of the year award after leading Chelsea to the title.

Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa won the Championship award after guiding his side to the title and promotion to the Premier League.

In announcing Klopp as the winner on Sky Sports, former Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said: "It was thoroughly deserved.

"The performance level of your team was outstanding. Your personality runs right through the whole club.

"I'll forgive you for ringing me at half past three in the morning to tell me you had won the league - thank you!"

Klopp's side amassed 99 points as they won the Premier League title by 18 points from second-placed Manchester City.

"I'm absolutely delighted to be named the winner of the League Managers Association manager of the year award, for this wonderful Sir Alex Ferguson trophy, named after a man that I admire so much," said Klopp.

"It feels extra special to win this award because it is voted for by my fellow managers.

"It's an honour to be in the company of so many managers who have been named as LMA manager of the year before, including of course Liverpool managers like Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan, Sir Kenny Dalglish and, in recent years, Brendan Rodgers."

He added: "I am here on behalf of my coaches. I'm OK as a manager but they make us a real special bunch of football brains."

newterp and delaynomo repped this.
  23. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Well deserved !

24. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    :D :D :D

25. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man - if you look back at the introduction press conference - his statements were prophetic.

it makes sense why so many of the montage videos start with scenes and quotes from that incredible day.

SamScouse repped this.