Booing all the way from New York

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Goldy, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Goldy

Goldy New Member

Apr 23, 2002
    New Jersey
    I was in a meeting until 4 pm (local time in New York) and then walked down to the local bar to watch the second half only to be told 1, there was a $10 cover charge and 2, we were 3-0 down.
    I would have booed for 2 reasons,
    1, hopefully it would piss some of the players off forcing them to get their arse in gear and actually work with a passion.
    2, I am sick of hearing Arsene talking about our team spirit and we have to be mentally strong etc, that was all he would talk about last season as we threw away the championship while Wenger kept doing the pscyhological babbel.
    Don't get me wrong I think he is great, however I also feel that if we have another season of poor results in Europe, you can expect to say goodbye to a number of our players.

2. Brodo

Brodo New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Deep in Spurs territ
    Booing your own team NEVER helps. We need to support them in the bad times. I was at the game last night, I couldn't believe some of the comments. These people have only ever known success.

BTW - even though we are going through a 'crisis' everyone might like to take a look at the table.

3. Goldy

Goldy New Member

Apr 23, 2002
    New Jersey
    regarding only knowing success, that is true for most American fans, however I grew up in north London an have been a fan since the mid 80s when Don Howe was manager, and certainly do not 'only know success'
    while yes we should get behind the team, the frustration stems from the fact that we know they can do much much better as they have proven to us.
    back in the eighties, it was hopeless because the team was hopeless, that was when our best players played in defense.

4. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    more justification for being a supporter?? im not sure what i like least... explaining how you were there in the 70's or 80's in the downtroddin times or how you caught on to the club during the lastest semi-glory nears... were all fans.. lets get on with it already.....

:) love you all.. hahaaha

5. Brodo

Brodo New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Deep in Spurs territ
    Yes we are all supporters, but the supporters that were booing at Highbury on Wednesday night need some 'help' in understanding what being a supporter means. What it doesn't mean is booing the team off at half-time because we've had a bad half.

I have respect for supporters who live thousands of miles away in a country where football is a minority sport. Whenever they 'saw the light' and became gooners! ;)

6. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Well, if you went to Nevada Smiths bar and were wearing an Arsenal jersey, they probably charged you $10.00 for being an Arsenal fan alone...

They probably told you the score as a favor, preventing an ass whoooping by the MANU fans.,..