Boo, Dallas. Boo.

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by HalaMadrid, Sep 15, 2003.

1. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Threats/insults/pointed facts/mudslinging/challenges against Dallas over the next week? keep it here folks.

Oh, and Dallas Sucks.

It's too bad DC is still in this thing. What I wouldn't do for a week loan of Dema....well two weeks. We could have used him against LA on Saturday last, too. :)

2. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

I really don't care about them that much anymore. Perhaps its because of their form of late. Actually, I feel sorry for them. Like maybe we should hold a canned food drive or something.

I much rather hate Chicago's (the city) traditional rivals L.A. and N.Y., well, New Jersey. Much more satisfying when we beat these teams.

I expect the Fire to crush a Dallas.

3. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    And throw them at their heads maybe.

It's hard to get real vitrol going as of late, but this is a long-standing thing (as far as MLS goes) in the past and future. Right now they suck and we don't play them much but who cares? Come Saturday evening I'm sure the effort it'd take to despise them for both us and the players will be considerably lessened.

Rejoyce in their pitifulness. And hope to hell we get a win or tie, because it looks like right now the Brimstone race may be more up for grabs than anticipated.

4. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I'd like to thank Fonsos for this gem he posted on the DC board in a tread about rivalries :)

5. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    As long as Dallas is down and out, might as well administer more misery.

6. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    In a topsy-turvy week of maximum sports improbability, where normally chickensh!t corporate robots bucked the women's lobby and folded WUSA, the famously frugal Hunts ate a large guaranteed salary and fired Mike Jeffries, and the Dallas Cowboys actually won a game, the Dallas Burn will complete the convergence and beat the vastly superior Fire.

That's right, Dallas will win the game.

7. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Dallas Burn: Speed bump on the way to the Cup or a dangerous wounded animal?

Anyone have any stats on how well teams do the first game after their coach get shitcanned? My guess is they do pretty well as the players suddenly wake up, realize that they may be next to go and step it up a notch or three for a few games to impress any future coaches.

Dallas may indeed suck, but the Fire players and coaches would have to be idiots to think that Saturday will be a cakewalk with most of the Burn players suddenly fighting for their jobs.

8. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    yea, now that we got rid of the Fire reject in the head coaching chair, the Burn might start winning again.

9. Arsonists

Arsonists New Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Banks of Plum Creek
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    Re: Dallas Burn: Speed bump on the way to the Cup or a dangerous wounded animal?

I think they will play hard for their new coach and that it will not be a cakewalk but in the end the FIRE will win and someone will score their first goal of the year for the FIRE.

Who needs their first?

10. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: Re: Dallas Burn: Speed bump on the way to the Cup or a dangerous wounded animal?

[el barracho\]

FUUUUTAAAKKKKKIIIII!!!!!

[/el guapo]

11. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, he already has an assist.

12. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: Re: Dallas Burn: Speed bump on the way to the Cup or a dangerous wounded animal?

Henry Ring!

13. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Magrathea, Horsehead Nebula
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Re: Dallas Burn: Speed bump on the way to the Cup or a dangerous wounded animal?

...let's focus here on how much Dallas sucks. They really suck. I mean REALLY suck. We are talking about a team that has gathered a whopping 16 of a possible 72 points thus far. That's a .222 winning percentage, folks. That's worse than the Detroit Tigers. Wow does Dallas suck. Look at their roster - it's almost as though someone decided to make Major League 3 be about an MLS team. I think Corbin Bernsen is playing Jason Kreis.
    Holy crap do they suck. A quick perusal of their season stats shows no player with more than 4 assists, and their top two scorers COMBINED barely have more goals than either of our strikers.

So I, for one, do expect a cakewalk. As long as the Fire team that played NE last month stays in hiding, there's no reason we shouldn't destroy this pathetic disaster of a team. The 5-1 drubbing I expect makes Dallas the best argument yet for Promotion/Relegation in MLS.

jesus they suck.

14. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    If you could send some of your Busha's famous kielbasa on dry ice, Bronislaw, that would help ease some of the pain.

15. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Next you'll want mom's pierogi and golabki. Well, forget it. Drive down to Panna Maria and visit the 1875 Pliarczyk Store and you'll probably get it faster.

And my name's not Bronislaw!

16. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Where was Futagaki?

17. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YAY, Dallas, YAY

not sure why i am defending Dallas
    well, at least they will have a great home in 2005 (2 years earlier than you guys I hope)

[​IMG]

18. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Inappropriate!

I certainly hope Dallas enjoys all those trees around the stadium.... they're sure going to need them after all of those soccer losses

Get it?

Neither do I.