Bonjour je voudrais assitance si vous plait

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS, Aug 9, 2010.

1. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Je suis desole.

I think that's about all the french I can remember. :p

I have two questions if I may.

1) Is Remy as good as I think he could be? I've watched a bit of him and though he's raw he has a lot of attributes that you need to be a top class striker.

2) Which team in France are like Liverpool or Sevilla? I have family in Marseille but for obvious reasons that I won't go in to as I don't want to upset any Marseille fans I can't really support them (think Europe).

Merci.

2. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Rémy is talented but still has more to show if he can really be world class . Like you said he's still raw , and inconsistent . But his skills are apparent .

Saint-Étienne is comparable to Liverpool . The historic and famous club , with passionate and loyal supporters who have seen their club fallen from where it once was , at the top .

Lille , comparable with Sevilla I guess .. :confused: Not the biggest clubs in their leagues but do well in them .

And why can't you support Marseille ? That's not a bad thing . :D

3. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know where you are coming from with St Ettienne, I really did try to suport them but my favourite player in France is Toulalan and one of my friends is a Lyon fan so it's difficult.

I want to find my own team that I support for all the right reasons. St Etienne and Gladbach are two teams I always hope do well in France and Germany respectively but I don't support either.

When I say a team like Sevilla what I mean is probably a team like PSG (who I also like as I made lots of friends when they came over and beat us in the UEFA Cup as I'm sure you remember.

An importance placed on youth.
    To try and play with style.
    Passionate. colourful and friendly fans (Sevilla's are the most like Liverpool i've ever seen!

I\ know a lot of young french players made their way from Caen but I'd like to support a team that are in the top division, not for the glory but for the fact I'll actually get to see them play. :p

So with all this in mind any other recommendations. .

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    don't listen to him. it's a very bad thing.

not difficult at all it seems to me!

I want to find my own team that I support for all the right reasons. St Etienne and Gladbach are two teams I always hope do well in France and Germany respectively but I don't support either.

When I say a team like Sevilla what I mean is probably a team like PSG (who I also like as I made lots of friends when they came over and beat us in the UEFA Cup as I'm sure you remember.

sounds like the LOSC to me: 2 1/3 out of 3 is not bad.

1 person likes this.
  5. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That's funny I was going to suggest St. Etienne as well when I first saw your post, but I thought it would be snarky coming from me lol.

6. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Guignol , I hope you've not misunderstood me ! :D I meant it's not a bad thing he can't support Marseille .

7. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lille sounds good, out of interest what do they fall down on?

Oh and they should have some money to reinvest when they sell Hazard.... to Liverpool. :p

Yeah right...

8. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lille are out, if I ever went to a game I couldn't stand being in that stadium wityh its running track. Could you be any further away from the pitch?

No ta. Next. :p

9. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Have you considered their neighbors Lens? Fantastic support from the Lensois, some the best in France. They're a little down on their luck nowadays but they could make a resurgance in the coming years.

10. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Read the history of the team, saw the antics of the fans, always liked the way they played (even when they beat us) and get the feeling though I've never been, in Paris, football is everything.

Marseille are not exactly my favourite team so I could fit in well.

Allez allez Paris allez allez Paris SG.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Lille are building a 50,000 seat stadium. They will be an even bigger club in the coming years.

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    lille is a nice town too, i just spent three days there. it doesn't have any must see monuments or attractions, but it's full of charm, with a rich architectural heritage (especially art nouveau) and a very pleasant place to live.