Bolton vs. Manchester City

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by StuMCFC, May 18, 2011.

1. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Last game of the season, a win would take us directly into the Champions League group stage. A draw or loss would only be enough if Arsenal fail to win at Fulham.

But Bolton are not easy opponents at the Reebok. They have won 4 of their last 5 home games, including wins over Villa, Everton, and Arsenal. However, the 5th of those games was last weekend, a loss to Sunderland, so hopefully some of their players are mentally on holiday already.

Player to watch: Daniel Sturridge, one-time City academy prodigy, lured away by Chelsea. He will have a point to prove no doubt and is in great form.

2. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stu, I don't wish to put the jinx on us but I feel good heading into this game. The boys are oozing with confidence right now and it seems Mancini is just letting them go out and play. The last two games have been the strongest we have looked and I think the lads realize whats at stake with this match. That said the words "same old City" keep popping into my head. :eek:

3. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I don't think the lads need more reasons to win this game and win it big.

1. 3rd place finish. Longer summer, not having to play qualifications in July, an automatic spot in the group stage will make it easier to attract big names in the summer
    2. Tevez to score goals and grab the golden boot and stick it to berbie and the rags
    3. laughing at Arsenal all summer long, laughing even harder if they fail to qualifly
    4. 3rd place is better than 4th

any more reasons?

Yes I know, typical City is in our heads. Perhaps this time, it won't haunt us.

4. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    alright, it's all over. What a successful season.

You guys think we made a mistake giving away Daniel Sturridge? He's scored 8 goals in 10 games for Bolton. With the crappy midfield services he gets, that's nothing short of impressive. Maybe we should get him back.

5. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sturridge left because we wouldn't pay him 60k/week when he'd had about 2 first team appearances. The world's youngest footballing mercenary I like to call him, I loved it when he got sent off today. He's made his bed now and has to lie in it, I expect he'll get games at Chelsea next season with their clear out.

6. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    well, back then, he wasn't worth 60K a week, but now he is. come on, 8 goals in 10 games. Also, on the Chelsea squad, he's scored a few goals in Europe. We could really use him in cup competitions and rest our better players for league games and europe. Anyways, it's all done and over with.

On ESPN soccernet, Mancini is calling for more big spending and our chairman just said a few days ago there won't be the type of spending from last summer.