Bolton v Manchester City - [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Manchester City, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  2. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    First prize for the lad that spots why a certain Scotsman will not be happy this weekend if this is true.

3. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We are usually quite crap at the Reebok but that changed last day of last season.

I expect a game from Bolton though, they were mentally on holiday last we played them and are a good team. We need to win these games though to stand any chance of winning the league.

4. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Any predictions guys?

I'll say it'll end 0-2 for City, Dzeko & Aguero with the goals.

Dzeko scored a goal against Bolton in the last day of last season and played a very good match.. and he's sharpened up since then.. plus with the better understanding between him and City's playmaker Silva, along with the inclusion of Aguero whose style fits perfectly with Dzeko & Silva, City winning this one is inevitable, especially riding on the momentum and confidence of the big win against Swansea last week. I hope City continues playing on the opposition's half.. we always win when we make our first priority scoring goals instead of defending.

5. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I say 2-1 for City.

6. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-1 City. Much bigger test than last week. Sorry Swansea.

7. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Boring, boring City! :D

A traditional City rollercoaster ride where things could've and maybe should've been easy but by the end we were all nervous wrecks.

Dzeko is back to his world class self, absolutely immense along with Silva. Aguero didn't have quite the same impact as his first game but isn't 100% and IMO his goal should not have been ruled out.

8. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even after the Dzeko goal I couldn't relax. This is City after all.

Davies is a scumbag.

9. SuperJville

SuperJville Member

May 7, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Dzeko is your best striker and possibly your best player overall, what a fighter, no wonder every time he plays the entire stadium erupts singing "ooooo edin dzekoooo"

10. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    City in general have a very strong and attractive side. Silva, Aguero, Dzeko, Kompany, Hart, Richards, De Jong, Milner, Balotelli, etc. There's a lot of class in this side.

11. acleansheet

acleansheet New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's Gary Cahill. Great guess on the scoreline though!

12. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    as soon as my score was already there at half time, I knew I was in trouble with my prediction. :p

Aguero's 2 should be goals set up by Dzeko could have had it finished by half time.

13. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We played well, again we could have had 5 or 6 but 3 points is three points. I love the way we are creating chances, if that continues we will score plenty of goals this season. Kevin Davies is an untalented buffoon. He deserved a straight red for the tackle on Aguero from behind and could have gotten a second yellow a few times. I'll tell you if De Jong played like that he would be off and the papers would be calling for his head.

14. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Conceding 2 against Bolton wasnt too great though! Defense still need some work, as well as Dzeko has played I just cant wait to see a Tevez - Aguero - Silva up top wrecking havoc...

15. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think a Tevez-Aguero pairing will be as effective as what we've been seeing. Unless they did amazing things in Copa America that I missed.

Why break up a good thing for the malcontent?

Now that I've said this I'm sure they will start this weekend and have six goals.

16. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Aguero and Tevez didnt play a lot together at the Copa America, i was hoping they play alot together.

If you compare Tevez to Dzeko, IMO Tevez is far more superior as a game changer, the man can pop in goals any time. Dzeko has been doing very well this year and seems to have finally found two guys who can get him into the game in Silva and Aguero.

I just find the prospect of three tricky players together to be more exciting for the fans point of view, i'm not sure if its effective to have three short players up front, we shall see though, i'm sure if tevez sticks around then at some point this season we will see the trio on the field.

17. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Well we saw what happened last match.. everyone was talking about how Aguero and Tevez will light up the pitch, but it was actually Dzeko who turned up brilliant.. and he's been brilliant in the past 5-6 matches City.. imo City's best player in the past 5-6 matches. Why break his rhythm for a guy that despises Manchester City if anything? We all saw what happened when Tevez came on.. the guy is extremely selfish.. doesn't do much for the team and only does things for himself. He even makes Messi play bad for the Argentine national team. Dzeko will bring the best out of his teammates.. for example.. look at all the chances he creates for Aguero, Silva, Milner,.., Tevez is not that guy. He'd rather see himself score goals than his side winning the EPL or Champions League. I hope he leaves before the transfer window closes.

And I personally don't think 3 tricky players will make anything more exciting.. besides.. the fans seem to be very excited with Dzeko.. I believe they sang his name for a cumulated 30 mins in the past game. In fact, they would hate it if he sat on bench, rather than finding it exciting.

18. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Tevez and Aguero are virtually the same player. The reason Aguero has been so effective is because of Dzeko giving the City offense a different dimension on offense and vice versa. If you use Tevez and Aguero together, they basically cancel each other out. Dzeko grounds balls better and retains the ball with that strength, opening a lot of lanes for players such as Aguero or Tevez.

It makes no sense to pair Tevez and Aguero and you won't see it anyways. In the meantime enjoy watching Edin drop the bombs. :cool:

19. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    x10

20. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I think City could use him for PL/CL depth, I'd rather see him leave.

21. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    He's a locker-room cancer that sees fellow strikers as competition rather than team-mates.

22. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Tevez's wife and kids seem to have moved back over here - I think he is staying and if so, will this give him peace of mind? I'm not sure but being able to play Dzeko and Aguero one game, Tevez and Balotelli the next (especially when we have 6 away games days after our Champions League fixtures) would be great.

23. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Tevez will settle now that he has two countrymen on the squad.

I doubt it. Serial mover and all. But one can wish.