Bolton again (R)

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by sendorange, Oct 27, 2004.

1. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Tonight, in the league cup. Bolton expected to change things around from their team that played on saturday, I hope Santini and the players can make up for that disappointment and get a result.

I heard Robinson was ill, Gardner and Redknapp both injured, Edman and Atouba still out. Davis supposed to start and there's talk Tarricco may feature as his bans over and they've been getting him sharp in the reserves.

Santini could bring in Kelly or Ifil at right back, with Pamarot playing centreback with Ledley. I wish he would try Ziegler or Yeates at left mid rather than the useless Jackson. Likely team:

-----------------Keller

Pamarot----Naybet---King---Taricco

Davies---Davis---Mendes--Jackson/Ziegler

--------2 of Defoe/Kanoute/Keane

subs: Fulop, Kelly, Ziegler?, Carrick, Keane?

2. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    It will be interesting to see what team both sides put out, you would think he would put Keller in but I would play Robinson, this cup is important for us. Also Ziegler should start & Kanoute, Defoe upfront.
    I thought Freddie looked good on Saturday. He used his physical presence well against Jaidi.

I'm really pleased Sean Davis & Taricco are back. Sean adds a bit of bite in the midfield

3. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Robbo is said to be ill, not sure what with, but most likely the flu.

4. bitter leftie

bitter leftie New Member

Apr 30, 2004
    Western mass
    Is Carrick not fit or is he hurt again? Because if he is ready to go we need him playing tonight, getting some minutes and working his way back to sharpness. We could use all the help we could get right now in the Prem, what we have been putting out there hasn't been working recently and maybe Carrick could bring some more creativity to the pitch. Please Frank, no more Atouba's over the break :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how long till Edman is fit again?

5. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Formation is...

Code:
                   Keller
    Pamarot   Naybet   King    Bunjevcevic
    Davies    Davis    Mendes  Ziegler
             Kanoute   Defoe
    Jackson, Carrick, Brown, Keane, Fulop on the bench.

6. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    Come on Tottenham

7. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    1-0 down - header from a free kick

8. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    ********ing Jermain Defoe 1-1. Legend.

Just before half time too - perfect timing.

9. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    1-1 top goal by Defoe.

Shades of the game on Saturday, Bolton go in front from a corner and deserve to with Tottenham playing poor, then we get a really good goal right on halftime...

let's hope we get the second and not them.

10. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Well I heard a month immediately but they say he is making good progress.

Apparantly he went to train a few days after the incident but felt really dizzy and had to stop. I think he's just got to stop doing anything taxing for a while.

11. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    2-2 in the end with Bunjevcevic grabbing an 84th minute equaliser.

12. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    or 3-4 to tottenham in the 105th :)

with brown and defoe adding to tottenham and sir les adding the third for bolton.

13. Malkamus

Malkamus New Member

Jan 24, 2002
    4-3 Spurs! Defoe with a brace!

Jermain Defoe**44,103
    Goran Bunjevcevic**84
    Michael Brown**95

Sounded like a lively match.

Personally I'd of rather taken the three points and lost today but glad to see us racking up the goals, hopefully we can do the same against Fulham this weekend.

Malk

14. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    4-3 to Spurs final score.

My heart almost couldn't take that drama, absolutely crazy stuff in extra time. Mr Santini, can we be boring again please???

Burnley away in the 4th round on 9th or 10th November, a very kind draw,

15. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Superb stuff. Get in there.

I just came back from the city game feeling deflated, this has picked me up.

16. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Awesome stuff. Was beginning to think we couldn't score more then one goal in a game. Jermain seems to be getting his form back, and with Robbie hopefully starting to go on form, things are on the up.

Hopefully we can do an Oldham on Burnley and roll on.

17. chriswalk27

chriswalk27 New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Dalton Georgia
    Glad to see Defoe back to his old self.

Also glad to see Ziegler starting instead of Jackson who should be bound for Forrest pretty soon I hope.

Didn't hear the last part of the game so did we really open up the attack at the end or was it a bit of luck that got us 4 goals???

Lets also hope this kind of win carries over to the weekend and get us 3 big points.

18. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Third goal was good play, a sweet freekick from Carrick into the box from near the touchline, Brown got in front of his marker and nodded it in.

4th goal was pure Defoe, defender's clearance got half-intercepted in their half, Defoe was onto it and tucked it away.

The game opened up in extra-time, but the goals weren't counterattacks as Bolton pushed forward, apart from maybe a bit the 4th goal. So that was encouraging.

Our attacking setpieces were a lot more damaging in this game, Bolton caused us a lot of problems in the two games from these so it was good to dish out some return medicine. Kanoute had a header off the bar early in second half and Ziegler whipped in some nice ones when it was his turn to take them.

The Bolton goals were all soft from our perspective, which is disappointing. Penalty shouldn't really have been given, Bunji with a shove back after being shoved first. The other two were poor dealing with a whipped in set piece, and a classic Sir Les header when he beat Naybet too easily in the air. Bolton had a lot of good chances in this game, certainly in the first half and for a fair bit of the second half. Then our boys woke up after being 2-1 down and played better.

19. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    How did Ziegler do? The highlights I saw were pathetic and I can't find any player ratings anywhere.

20. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

The highlights were truly awful on ITV. Thank f.****** the BBC has the EPL highlights or I'd have to start a firebombing campaign.

We should've had another three goals in the final 10 minutes, but Keano and Defoe elected to shoot rather than pass to each other. Wankers.

Teletext gave Ziegler, Defoe, King and 2 others (bad memory!) 8/10. Hopefully Ziegler will play against Fulham on the 30th.

21. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    We done really well to win that. Them highlights were crap, but thats what we get when Arsenal & Chelsea play on the same night.

The draw was very kind to us it could have been alot worse. Although they knocked us out a couple of years ago, with a deadly finisher like Defoe we would have won that game.

I think Ziegler will most likely start on Saturday.

22. LedleybetterthanSol

Jun 16, 2004
    Gold Coast/Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yes. I think we can make a good run in this competition. I was disappointed when we drew Bolton, but I'm glad they are out of the way. Burnley should be a cakewalk.

23. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    True enough. Arse's 3rd team deemed more important beating twatty Keegan's constantly misfiring Citeh (oooh! what a shock!), and Chelsea thrilling the world with yet another 1-0 win! Thanks ITV! You great big poofs!

Ziegler had better start, 'cos that Jacko is proper crap.