Bologna [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by Q_F_, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Q_F_

Q_F_ New Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Strömsund
    I have yet to met another Bolognafan in Sweden,

How big is the fanbase of Bologna here on bigsoccer, I seriosuly cant be the only one here too?

2. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: Bologna

I think you are the only one.

There might be people who have a soft spot for them. I don't mind them. Enjoyed watching Beppe Signori playing for Bologna. Great striker.

3. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  4. Neeto

Neeto Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/24072009/58/serie-bologna-sold-albanian.html

Bologna gets taken over by an Albanian. From the looks of it, it sounds like a good deal for Bologna. The new owner, Rezart Taci seems pretty determined as well:

“Our second year will see an aggressive transfer campaign to consolidate the team and make it competitive...I no longer want to see a team in the bottom spots of the table."

5. Neeto

Neeto Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Apparently we have around 60 million euros to spend this year.:eek: Names such as Lavezzi and Huntelaar have been thrown about as potential signings. Yes, we will spend the money, but I'm doutbfull we'll get guys like that.

6. Neeto

Neeto Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, it looks like take over talks are officially over. Taci will take his name out of the hat. Once again, a possible take over collapses at the last second. This happened to us last year with an American group trying make a bid for the club. Just like that, we are poor again.:(

7. soccerhene

soccerhene New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

Stephen Appiah signs for Bologna

Stephen Appiah, Captain of Ghana Black Stars has signed for Bologna in Italy's Serie A. This ends a two year spell without a club for the inspirational leader.

read more:
    http://www.soccerhene.com/cms.php?id_cms=129

8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So has Appiah received his Italian work permit yet? I heard that is what is keeping him from being available for the squad. Any idea when he may start playing, and how would he fit in with the current midfield?

I'm just excited to see him start playing club football again. Good luck to him and Bologna.

9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Appiah any closer to finally making a squad list. I saw he was training with the squad, assuming he just needs a little more time to gain full fitness and the confidence of the training staff?

10. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    That story says we were interested in Diamanti, which I don't think was the case. We're interested in Ramirez. Anyone around who follows Bologna think that the arrival of Diamanti is a signal that they may be planning to sell Ramirez?

11. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bisoli has been sacked and Pioli has taken over. It be interesting to see how he goes after his horrible pre-season with Palermo.

12. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bologna have got a few wins on the board and Gaston Ramirez is making an impact again.

13. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    He renewed through 2016, I think. THat doesn't mean he won't be sold, of course, but it would be nice to see Bologna build a consistently mid-table side.