Bolivian youth teams and players

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by nanoGVSP, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    nanoGVSP repped this.
  2. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good find man, I had no idea how he felt until now. It's crazy that a U 20 tournament that awards spots for a World Cup is not on a FIFA date. I spoke with a guy from Uruguay, he used to coach youth teams there, I asked him how is it that they are able to get all their guys from Europe for a U 20, he said that other Uruguayan players help facilitate their release. There is a good number of players in Europe and over the years they have built a relationship. We don't have that at this point. Just when I thought we had a decent chance with that midfield we don't get two of our better players. We still have Saavedra and Añez, they have good amount of experience. Saavedra even played Libertadores.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  3. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  4. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  5. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    the only highlight to me was Iragui, the forward.that's about it. the players might have the touch but they dont have the awarness or foresight that they should often trying to take on players or make the hardest possible pass. Saavedra was clearly frustrated and he's one of the only players with league experience. that is the problem with our system.no players play professionally.

6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Agreed on all levels. I didn't even waste my time watching too much after the first match vs. Paraguay--but our kids look decent in their moments. We do need to form the team more than 2 weeks before tehse tournaments. They need to play more and we need better integration into the pro enviroment as stated.

Dustyvinyl repped this.
  7. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We are doing the same exact thing with the u17. The tournament is this March in Paraguay, we just called the players about a week ago. Do they really expect a better result? At what point do the suits say to themselves " something has to change, we need more preparation?!!!"

8. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This kid looks great! I hope teams in Brasil and Argentina take notice so he can go! I don't trust our footie to develop kids like that.....

Even Bolivar...sadly. :(

nanoGVSP repped this.
  10. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.diez.com.bo/futbol/bolivia-equipo-sudamericano.html
    We now have the list of players that will represent us at the U17 level.
    A couple of kids come from teams outside Bolivia, one from Athletico Bilbao in Spain, and one from Argentinos Jr. in Argentina. A couple of names are familiar, for example Villarroel is the kid that plays in Blooming's A team and has started a couple of games, Monteiro is a forward from Quebracho that played well at a recent international tournament in La Paz, then he was brought to Bolivar. There seems to be a nice set of players, but as usual no long term project, Hope they fare better than the U20 s.

11. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.diez.com.bo/futbol/villarroel-viaja-ilusion-sub-17.html
    An interview with Moises Villaroel, the 16 year old who starts in Blooming's mid. He's now gonna join the U17 national team in Paraguay. Who got spanked 8-3 by Paraguay in a friendly a few days ago, I guess they could use him. Good luck to all those kids, hope they can at least save face and not have their pride destroyed.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  12. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So far Bolivia is 1 and 1 in the South American U17. Lost to Uruguay 4-1 and Beat Chile 3-2. Up next Argentina, not holding my breath....yet.

13. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  14. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  15. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Gamarra played 20 minutes in todays friendly. Milan won 3-0

16. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    here is the link to the video, you guys can fast forward to 1:36:00 when he comes in. He has a couple of touches, and at one point with one of his passes the commentators talk about him, in ITalian of course but you can make out some stuff.

nanoGVSP repped this.
  17. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good find, I would have liked to see him get more minutes. Eigther way it's great to see one of our youth get to the pitch in a team with the caliber of AC Milan's first team. I hope he's able to make it as a regular.

vivabolivar repped this.
  18. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    As long as Pippo is coaching, he will get his chance. Read that Pippo really likes him. You may know he has practiced with the first team before but this is his first match, and I know on these friendlies everyone gets a chance, but he didn't do bad for the time and possession he had. Lets hope he gets more minutes, but was we all know playing in the middle is not easy with all the big names out there.

19. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I was wondering where this kid was. Alex Pontons is on loan at Petrolero (Yacuiba) from Sampdoria, club that bought his rights from AC Milan last year. Hopefully he gets decent minutes, at 20 years old he can still be an interesting prospect. According to US soccerway so far he played in 4 games, 1 as starter and 3 as a sub for a total of 111 minutes played.

20. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #45 Eber1990, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    Anyone ever heard of these players?

Alexis Carrasco (20 years old) - FW -FK Liepaja- Latvia First Division
    Carlos Villa (19 years old) - GK -Elche II - Spain Second Division

21. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He played against el tigre 2 days ago. (pontons) did an assist for one of goals. Also if you guys were wondering Gilbert Albarez is playing for Real Potosi, scored 4 goals already (5th top scorer in the league)

Anyone know anything about Galindo, Toco, or the kid that was playing in argentina (don't remember his name)?

22. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Pippo does like him, hopefully he can at least ride the bench and get minutes here and there, just practicing with the A team will benefit him greatly. I heard Soria wanted to bring a couple of U 17 players to Copa America just for the experience, I say at the very least he should call him for a friendly.

23. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Pontons got his chance at Petrolero in the beguining of league play, he simply didn't put the ball in the back of the net, now he comes off the bench I believe.
    Never heard of Carrasco, I did follow Villa, I believe he's still at Elche. I don't understand why he wasn't calle for the U20.
    I think Galindo went to Portugussa following Cardozo for trial, not sure what happened. Toco I do remember but haven't heard anything in a while.
    I like the fact that Gilbert Alvarez has been given a chance and is scoring. He actually helped Union Mastreanza make copa Bolivar last year, now it looks like they miss him.

24. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Jorge Toco (23) DEF - Real Potosí

I have no idea about Galindo, it sucks how all these kids were good prospects a few years ago but they never found the right place to showcase their abilities. Now they're with 2nd tier teams in our league

25. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

A small sign of progress, looks like the government the federation and the league have agreed on a U18 tournament with 24 teams. All the teams in the league are to have a youth academy and to participate. Evo has also said that he's willing to help out other clubs as he did with Aurora, he gave them some money towards building training grounds for their academy. I hope this tournament becomes a yearly thing, it's important in order to find and help grow new talent.

Eber1990 and Bolivianfuego repped this.