Bolivian youth teams and players

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by nanoGVSP, Dec 11, 2014.

1. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #1 nanoGVSP, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    I noticed there is so much talk in our federation and country overall about the lack of investment in our youth teams, and how we need to work on that in order to one day have a competitive national team. Well I couldn't agree more, I figured we could start a thread to follow Bolivian youth playing Home or abroad, here are a couple of story lines I've been following.
    http://videobolivia.com/dos-equipos-bolivianos-avanzan-en-la-copa-de-altura-2014/
    http://www.late.com.bo/quebracho-se-mete-entre-los-cuatro-mejores/
    http://www.late.com.bo/bolivar-frente-al-timao-y-quebracho-sigue-siendo-sensacion/
    Half way down this article in pagina siete they talk about Bolivar's u19 who is playing a big tournament in Argentina. They tied the first game against Olimpia (Paraguay) and won yesterday against an Argentinian team.
    http://www.paginasiete.bo/campeones...norio-dice-ariete-renovara-bolivar-40871.html
    http://www.diez.com.bo/futbol/sub-20-igualo-primer-examen.html
    Our U20 is also in Argentina they'll play a total of four games in preparation for the u20 championship in Uruguay. They tied the first game against Tigre reserves. I don't think the players from abroad or the couple form the league have joined the team yet.

2. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  3. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.paginasiete.bo/campeones/2014/12/15/camacho-nueva-joya-bolivarista-41226.html
    This kid looks to be one of the standouts from the u16 tournament. Hope to see him in the U 17 that I believe is played in Paraguay next year.
    http://www.paginasiete.bo/campeones/2014/12/15/bolivar-campeon-sub-15-sub-17-aflp-41227.html
    I would say at this point Bolivar is hands down the best in Bolivia as far as academy and working with kids. No wonder they were able to produce guys like Arascaita, Maygua, and Saavedra.

4. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  5. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    clubs don't have the obligation to release international players until 14 days before the tournament. Which I guess is what will happen with the abroad kids and the few that get some action in our league.

nanoGVSP repped this.
  6. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I didn't know about that rule, I guess that's a good reason why a few of the guys haven't shown. Our league ended yesterday so guys from Bolivar, Oriente, and Blooming should be able to join the team soon.
    There is a goal keeper in Spanish second division I believe, for some reason he wasn't called, I don't think we can afford to leave out guys that play in Europe.

7. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think the main reason these guys are left off is because of the lack of communication between our coaching staff and these players. They don't have the money to fly to spain to watch these kids play, so because they can't see them they don't trust their talents.....

Stupid...but probably true.

8. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Looks like they may have read our posts....LOL
    http://www.late.com.bo/chacior-pide-tambien-por-el-arquero-del-elche-villa/

9. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  10. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    [QUOTE="nanoGVSP, post: 31577246, member: 200483"Gamarra and Roman not in it.[/QUOTE]

Gamarra is in it if you look at the list closely, and they can still make changes to add Roman once/if he gets the green light from his club. Tbh we cannot afford not to have these players in the team. Even as subs (in the worst case scenario) they would be great additions due to their superior training and different mentality than our youth in Bolivia.

11. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Gamarra is in it if you look at the list closely, and they can still make changes to add Roman once/if he gets the green light from his club. Tbh we cannot afford not to have these players in the team. Even as subs (in the worst case scenario) they would be great additions due to their superior training and different mentality than our youth in Bolivia.[/QUOTE]
    True, you are right but from what I understand AC Milan nor Lille for that matter have given permission for their players to practice with the u20.

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Roman is probably our brightest youth prospect right now.

Saw that he says in January he has bbeen promised possible time wit hthe first team with how strong he's been performing for them. That is pretty damn impressive.

13. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    the teams will let them participate, the question is if they'll let them go only the mandatory 5 days before or they'll agree to let them go earlier.

14. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think what they have decide now is that even if the two european teams only let the kids go 5 days before the competition, both Gamarra and Roman are still in the final list. They may not be starting the first game, but I'm sure they'll get in. They are at a higher level, IMO its the right choice to keep them, they have a lot to offer.

15. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    @Clint Eastwood any idea if this is a good FCD team?

I know FCD always have good youth teams...

17. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    They just beat another USSF DA team (Andromeda) 7-0 prior to the fall break, but overall their results have been up-and-down this season. They lost 4-0 to one of their big rivals the Houston Dynamo, but have also beaten Chicago and Sporting Kansas City pretty convincingly. With kids at this level................who knows? And results shouldn't be our primary concern anyay.

The star of this FCD U14 team is supposed to be Jesus Ferreira, son of former Colombian international (and FCD hero) David Ferreira.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oh don't take that the wrong way.

I was just wondering if this is their full team or say an alternative cause I know how good they are.

Also in the past there have been controversy surrounding the real age of the Tahuichi players. In the past on a couple of occasions they fielded older players to get results sooo...

19. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    IMO FCD losing 0-3 is nothing to look down on. These are kids in a diferent continent, in a big stadium with what looked like at least 6k people, most I'm sure supporting the home team. let's not pull the age card so soon.

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am always hesitant because these tahuichi teams only blow out OTHER teams when they play in their own Mundialito. Gone are the days of our teams doing well in the Dallas Cup, Gothia cup, or any other cup outside of well...Santa Cruz.

21. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I have no idea how strong their team is, other than to say that their "star" at this level (the aforementioned Jesus Ferreira) is indeed on the trip.

I think the experience these young players gain on these types of trips is invaluable. FCD really stresses taking each of their groups at the U14 level and above on trips abroad to South America, Mexico, Spain, etc. I think the club really values this Tahuichi tournament.

FCD has a good connection to Bolivia. We signed Joselito Vaca in ~2000, and he was a pretty popular young player for us. Fans of other MLS clubs probably don't remember this, but he did make the MLS all-star team in 2002 playing on the right side of midfield. In fact, we made the playoffs in two of the three years he started for us. And he scored what could have been an important goal for us in the 2001 playoffs against a really good Chicago team.

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Funny you mention that.

Vaca was a Tahuichi product. With FCD appearing in this tourney it shows me there are real ties between Tahuichi. I heard a rumor Oriente, essentailly the first division 'top' team for Tahuichi is where a current possible 'FCD' signing is.

I heard a rumor through connections that FCD are working on signing outside wing/wing back Marvin Bejarano from Oriente.

Funny you mention that conection....hmmm...

Have you heard anything clint?

23. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #23 nanoGVSP, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    http://www.diez.com.bo/futbol/tahuichi-no-racha-triunfos-y.html
    Tahuichi won 3-0 again, this time against a team form Panama.
    BTW Fuego where did you hear this Bejarano rumor? It would be sweet if it happened, he's one of the better backs in our league, IMO he would do well in MLS.

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I have a source.

I think too, he would do well.

25. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://videobolivia.com/sebastian-gamarra-y-ricardo-roman-incluidos-en-la-sub-20/
    In the above video they repot that after some going back and forth between the european teams( AC Milan, and Lile)and our feeration both Gamarra and Roman are in the final lis for the U20.
    http://www.late.com.bo/gamarra-y-roman-quedan-fuera-de-la-lista/
    The above article states just the oposite, they say neigther will be joining the U20.
    I don't know what to believe, but if they dont join the team it's a big loss to us. They are at a tremendous level, and could have contribute to a U20 world cup birth for a change. Only time will tell if they are in or out.

Bolivianfuego repped this.