Bolivian teams in Copa Libertadores

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by atsegnorts, Jan 2, 2012.

1. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I dont think we have a real chance for any of the bolivian teams to get out of the first round, just like i dont think Bolivar is going to get past Sau Paulo. The only thing that could help is if Bolivar wins in La Paz by at least 2 goals, and goes to Brazil and plays a defensive game withs quick counter attaks, but for sure not the same game plan as last year against Santos.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Agreed. We got shafted on the draw. How do we always end up getting matched against Brasilian sides??? I dunno.,.. I smell it being rigged...

sergtp repped this.
  3. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was honestly.

sergtp and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  4. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am sure the brazilian teams are thinking the same thing. They HATE playing against bolivian teams because of the altitude.

5. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea... but at the same time... they NEVER lose!

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lol its true and after the scare the strongest and Bolivar gave Inter and santos last year its a fair statement. When you look over these groups this is probably the worst draw from a Bolivian perspective. Group 7, 6, and 4 I could easily see a Bolivian team qualifying if we are talking hypothetically.

7. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivar is playing in Brazil first, and closing in La Paz... Let's see who we sign first... I have faith!!!

8. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivar is losing Campos, and I doubt that any signing could make a major difference.
    But I still hope, because Bolivar does have a good squad with Cardozo, Lizio, Arce, Justiniano, Suarez.

9. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivar and San Paulo tonight... Hoping for us to stay tight and composed on the field

sergtp repped this.
  10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    As usual, we got SLAUGHTERED. The last goal was from a PK...which didn't exist. But at 4-0 we were still screwed.

I think we play our subs next week

11. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Brazilian giants like Sao Paulo, Corinthians, Santos, Atletico Mineiro, Gremio are just too much.

The amount of money and talent they can afford to have on their roster is ridiculous compared to Bolivia's.

12. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree. Even with Claure's very deep pockets, it is no still no match for the powerhouses of South America

13. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Its just sad to see bolivar with no identity imo. We have no real leader on our squad and players like lorgio and flores are getting up in age. Our defense got dismantled and its unbelievable that a foreign player like Albacerrin is playing on this team.with that same money, we can get a way better defender. We made no acquisition of an experienced central mid which is crucial and should have been our first move when the window opened.we need to give Ferriera,arce and lizio better support. Our scouting needs to return to what it used to be. instead of focusing on futbol, my team has become some sort of a media circus.

There were glimpses of hope with this team in the 2nd half but its obvious that this team needs cohesion. Sao paulo came full force and i dont see any team beating them at the morumbi. Man,that team is intimidating.They might win the Libertadores.

Ferreira and lizio really gave thei hearts out their along with justiniano and cabrera but the defense is just depressing.

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I was watching on a stream....but did Lizio not start???

On Brasilian teams...yes. Their budget is INSANE compared to ours. Probably 15-20 times our amount. They are starting tofight with bigger euro clubs for signatures.

Our club, is NOT backed with Claure money. He's trying to keep this team running off the funds that the team itself makes without going through his pocket, compared to say those rick oil tycoons in saudia arabia, or UAE. It's responsible, because his money probably isn't as long as theirs....but I kind of wish he'd maybe dig in, pull a million or 2 covered under him...but who knows what that would open up? Pandoras box?

15. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lizio didnt start although he was supposed to.

Man,our media is going to have a field day.

16. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The Strongest is going to have to play Sao paulo too, in addition to Arsenal (ARG) and Atletico Mineiro with an inspired leader like Ronaldinho.

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I feel for them... not that much though! ;)

18. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They can't do any worse than Cholivar. I think you guys are getting hurt by the style of coaching. Sao Paulo scored 13 goals in 2 matches against your team.
    I am not a stronguista (obviously), but I think they will do much better, meaning losing agaisnt them but not getting spanked so badly.

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I don't disagree. Portugal is not a good fit for our team. Hoyos is better, and understood the 'weak' mentality of Bolivians. He knows how to get our guys 'into' the game. We need a guy with his mentality. I heard he's out of a job again...and I want him back! If we cut Portugal though, we still have to pay his salary...

20. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Where did you get 13 goals from?? Sao Paulo beat us 5-0, where are you getting 13 from buddy?

If you're adding the game from last year's Libertadores, may I remind you that was against Santos and not Sao Paulo. I believe they're two different clubs.

PS- I don't think wilster has done anything worth mentioning in decades?

21. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I touched a delicate fiber, huh? You are right about it being two different teams. Bottom line they were embarressed twice by brazilian teams, and that dos not help our collective image. I would say the same thing if it was any other team, including Wiltermann. Plus Wilster does not have a European coach making over $600K a year.
    Chill...I am with you, not agaisnt you.

22. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Portugal doesn't even make half that, look it up, if you don't believe.
    It's convenient that you're with me man, because you really can't argue wilster has done anything. The most attention they got was a couple years ago was when they descended.
    I know i'm being sort of a dick and touching even more touchy subjects. Just making my points, don't mean to disrupt.

23. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That's cool, brother. You win.

24. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Haha. strongest took 5 from Santos last year. Theyll have more time to prepare and play cery defensively.
    This just seems like it tells more about our situation we have with our league and futbol in our country.

Instead of speaking of this ,Villegas speaks about Bolivar and how his team has a different attitude and different colors.im hoping they get trounced(lol) just based on this because i always root for bolivian teams in international games.its just rivalry.

Honestly its hard to tell whether its the coach or the players,or both. I gotta say some of the players on Bolivar i would not consider solid players.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  25. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I was hoping Bolivar wouldn't get the ass whooping they did, specially after last year. Even a 3-0 loss would have been good because there is hope to come back in La Paz, but 5! Cross over, slam dunk, game ova. In the other hand I don't think Strongest will even come close to winning in Brazil, but they wont bring back as many goals. I just ask my self why the hell is Albaracing a starter?not even Bolivian! That clown needs to go, Valverde should have started. I think Strongest has had more luck with their foreign players. Portugal hasn't impressed me at all, I don't think he will improve the team much. I remember when he first came, he was talking about there is not quality on the team, and there isn't much to wrk with. I say bring Hoyos back.

Bolivianfuego repped this.