Bolivian teams in Copa Libertadores

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by atsegnorts, Jan 2, 2012.

1. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The Schedule is out and Real Potosi is up first on the 25 against a powerhouse brazilian team I'm sure of one thing we are about to start talking about the altitude again, The Strongest has the hardest group but they do start playing two at home games and Bolivar might be playing against two teams from chile. I love this time of year.

2. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Refuerzos for all the teams

Bolivar has been pretty tight on leaking info so who knows but it will be pretty soon as they start thier preseaon this week

The Strongest has been throwing out names like Maurcio Saucedo and Pablo Vasquez, they are going to announce two signing tomorrow but they are expected to be national players, Gilbert Alvarez was released today that was sad Gilbert had so much promise.

Real Potosi has not really been looking for players either.

The transfer books are closed so there will be no trading players if you sign a player he has to be new to the league or you can only sign a player to play in the the Libertadores.

3. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  4. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  5. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sadly, the thing that makes him the most famous is he is Messi's best friend. They played together as kids on the Newell's youth team before he left for Barca'.

With that said, this is a guy that played under Hoyos. Its all Hoyos thats getting his ex players to Bolivar.

They are also looking at a colombian that is super tricky, a forward, kind of like Abdon, but may be something to win fouls in the box.

We'll see how things turn out.

I have a feeling Lizio is going to shine for us though. He is the kind of talent that can rise above in international tournaments. Ferriera I hate to say it is the opposite. So we need someone who can cover his ass when we play in the libertadores.

Other than that, I t hink we're ok beyond needing a forward and maybe a central defender.

6. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The Strongest have signed ex wilsterman and ex universitario Nicolás Raimond he was crappy @ la U but he did shine @ wilsterman Raimond and Sanjurjo were key in winning that title but then Raimond left to Bulgaria where we was let go in September because he was no longer in the plans of the DT.

Rumor is that we have also negotiated with both ex blooming Alejandro Gomez and Luis Gutierrez from OP and will sign once the fbf allows the league to open the tranfer books and that will complete the Signing for el Tigre.

I wish we would of gone after Rena Addles but apprently Soria hates the kid.:(

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Addles??? What happened to him!

Good signing with Raimondi. Classic BIG strong Central Forward. I wanted him for Bolivar before they were dropped down to the second division.

San Jurjo too may go to Wilstermann?

8. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^^^^ Addales went back to Panama to his club Churrillios. There was a panamanian newspaper reporting that he was headed back to Bolivia but on Monday Soria said that apprently Addales has a history of indicipline at both his home club and The Strongest. However the dirigentes are going to wait for Soria to come to lapaz from Cocha to try and discus an option, so my fingers are crossed.

Ohh and apprently Real Potosi got an Argentine Center Back they are also in the hunt for a defensive mid and a wingback.

http://www.elpotosi.net/2012/0103/47.php

ooh no Sanjurjo is playing for Aurora he has a contract in June

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Damn, Addles would kick ass in the libertadores.... but he does look like he doesn't take the best care of his body. Probably parties and doesnt eat well... still a beast!

10. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Intresting, apprently I didn't know but Gilbert Alvarez had an agreement with The Strongest to only play untill the end of the year because he is going to Holland this month to try out for a bunch of teams, I wish I had a solid source but now a day's it's all about blogs and facebook. Anyways if anybody here can help find out if this is true or not, that be cool ohh by the way I read this on a Strongesta facebook page he keeps me current on Achumani he has been reliable but I'm really curious about Alvarez, anybody?

11. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea. It's interesting. I read that too.

13. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ever Cantero Benítez (Paraguayan striker) is the second and last signing for Bolivar.

http://clubbolivar.com/index.php?op...demico&catid=22:archivo-de-noticias&Itemid=56

I agree that the two new signings dont come from the best teams in the world, but none of the international players that play in Bolivia do either. We just have to wait and see what they can do, and hope we have another Ferreira in our hands. :)

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I have a feeling he will do well. He has proved himself in a good Chilean league. I think he has it to show outside, in the libertadores.

15. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nicolás Raimond is no longer coming to The Strongest, Nicolas refused to take a medical and El Tigre said no. So much for him.. ohh well:p

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This is the new forward we got now, is awesome with headers and I think wll shine abroad.

Sucks about Raimondi.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRC_RJzN3Jg"]Ever Cantero promo - YouTube[/ame]

17. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Where you been brah, we posted that the day Alvarez got sent to tigre. He was never staying past the end of the year. He's supposedly off to Anderlecht.

Sucks about the "refuerzos", more like carne de ca~on:p

I wish Hoyos would bring up some of the guys from the youth team that are old enough now. I've been reading some very good things about several of them, and they're not kids anymore. At least get them on the bench for Libertadores. You cholis know it's gonna be 3 and out anyway.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, tough group with Junior, Tigres most likely, La U.... Bolivar have some work ahead if they want to finish top two.

I am hoping with La U's star forward getting bought probably, it will hurt them. But from what i hear tigres is very strong with good refuerzos, and Junior too bought some strong refuerzos.... things may not end well. Have to hope Lizio, Campos, the new forwards, and Ferriera can pull it off.

19. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Don't forget our midfield. aka Cardozo, Campos and Lizio.

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I have a feeling this is where Cardozo will get his chance...... but we'll see. It's going to be seriously tough. I hope they can get in some good friendlies to get ready before it begins!

21. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Just read that Conejo might be signing with Bolivar. I think that would actually be a good career move for him instead of heading abroad to play in Vanuatu/Micronesia/Nepal where he usually goes off for a season. What do you cholis think and where/whose spot would he take.

Any tigre fans want to chime in on your refuerzos or any other guys that might come in.

Gotta admit, for the first time in a while I'm actually excited about Libertadores and watching non Blooming teams:eek:

Wanna see how Chuma/Escobar do for Tigre and hopefully Ramallo gets some minutes.

Cholis I wanna see Jhasmani, Cardozo, Arce (if he signs) and if Ferreira shrinks on the big stage again or if Lizio shines.

I admit I'm completely ignorant about Potosi and just assume they'll be hammered into submission.

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Jhasmani is out.... i forget why... but he may be hurt or something. Just saw the headlines a couple days ago on my phone while driving lol.

I'd assume he'd play on the right wing, as we've not had a great winger on that side in years since Gatty.

Up front it will be Ferriera and that new Paraguayo. I think Arce and Lizio iwll team up well.

I too don't know whats going on with Potosi. Really... I don't care cause against Flamengo is it? They're dead in the water!

23. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Real potosi is going to get killed, most likely with 7-0 difference.

At least we have Bolivar and The Strongest to have some hope for.

24. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Doesn't seem to bad pick ups. Cristaldo played for Paraguay a couple times, and Calheira from that page scored some goals in colombia, a better league than bolivia's.