Bolivian Football

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Erwin Sanchez, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Erwin Sanchez

Erwin Sanchez New Member

Nov 23, 2001
  2. hotsoccer

hotsoccer New Member

May 8, 2002
    Russia
    import players in clubs Bolivia

Hi ! Please wraite full list import players in clubs Bolivia . Please wraite , name - country - club . Please help me !! I know full list import players in clubs 133 country of World . Regards kind !

3. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    you may try to get in contact with the owner of http://www.futboliviano.com

it was kept up to date for awhile, but not since august..you may try to combine forces.

4. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Re: import players in clubs Bolivia

Hi hotsoccer, I was just waiting until the new games came out. Here they are:

THE STRONGEST: Gustavo Geloz, Ronald Gutiérrez, Herman Soliz, Sandro Coelho, Marcelo Carballo, Mauricio Crespo, Sergio Castillo, Robert Arteaga, Alex Da Rosa, Limbert Méndez y Rubén Darío Gigena. DT: Carlos Aragonés.

BLOOMING: Carlos Arias, Alejandro Gómez, Leonardo Mansilla, Aníbal Moreno, Sergio Jaúregui, Lorgio Alvarez, Luis Camacho, Roberto Menacho, Carlos Suárez, Edú Monteiro y Marcelo Ceballos. DT: José Luis Brown.

SAN JOSE: Fernando Vargas, Felman Puro, Alejandro Díaz, Adrián Lozano, Rafael Salguero, Wálter Flores (Rolando Rivera), Marcelo Angulo, Diego Bengolea, Jorge Mercado, Ramiro Calustro y Mauricio Lillo. DT: Arnaldo Mancilla.

REAL POTOSI: Gustavo Notta, Wilder Zabala, Raúl Cardozo, Gilberto Ayala y Dayler Gutiérrez, Aldo Gutiérrez, Luis Fernando Viera, Danny Callaú, Darwin Peña, Christian Reynaldo y Gustavo Paz. DT: Luis Galarza.

INDEPENDIENTE: Eloy Padilla, Yessid Durán, Rolando Rodríguez, Jerson García, Edmundo Zambrana, Mauricio Magistruti, Abdón Murillo, Juan Pablo Grass, Jorge Molina, Fernando Morán y Oscar Gonzales. DT: Wálter Maladott.

UNION CENTRAL: Bernardo Rea; Héctor Peralta, Wilson Escalante, Cecilio Peña, Adrián Cúcaro y Pedro Rocabado; Juan Carlos Ríos, Franz Calustro, Roberto Segundo, Mauricio Ramos; Cristhian Algarañaz y Erlan Sánchez. DT: Elvis Cruz.

ORIENTE PETROLERO: Pedro Higa; Rolando Campos, Ronald Raldes, Ronald Arana, Miguel Abrigo, Roberto Torres, Armando Ibáñez, Rubén Melgar, Fabio Giménez, José A. Castillo y Cristhian Alfaro. DT: Néstor Clausen.

IBEROAMERICANA: Miguel Acosta, Ovidio Guatía, José Luis Algarañaz, Rodrigo Rojas, Bryan Daza, Fernando Garzón, Marco Paz, Leonel Reyes, Rodrigo López, Mauricio Pinilla y Roberto Galindo. DT: Carlos Angel López.

WILSTERMANN
    Hugo Suárez, Luis Reyes, Eduardo Jiguchi, Yonny Nay, Cristhian Vargas, Wílder Arévalo, Gustavo Merlo, Javier Guzmán, Mojica, Pablo Caballero, Leonardo Luppino, Loayza, Bernardo Aguirre, Andaveris. D.T. Dalcio Giovagnoli

GUABIRA
    Darío Rojas, Giovanny Roca, Alejandro Peralta, Luis F. Peredo, Eibar Peña, Marco Melgar, Limbert Mansilla, Marco Cardona, Florencio Galarza, Cruz, Erwin Meneses, Jordán, Adrian Cuéllar.
    D.T. Napoléón Brun

Unfortunately I'm missing Bolivar and Mariscal Braun who played Saturday.

5. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Re: Bolivian football - new homepage!

OH BOY! OH BOY!

6. hotsoccer

hotsoccer New Member

May 8, 2002
    Russia
    Hi ! Please wraite list IMPORT players ( non-Bolivian) . Please wraite , name - country -club.

7. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Okay time to correct your English.
    FOREIGN players is the word you're looking for.

Import would be a verb and is misused. I thought you made a mistake and meant important.

Unfortunately I can't help you there since I haven't lived in Bolivia for at least two years and the players have changed.

8. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    THis is the website Ive been praying for. SInce I have trouble reading spanish (one sentence per hour), Im most greatfull of an english BOlivian soccer site thats kept updated.

9. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    do you follow a lot the bolivian soccer???

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
  11. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    good one!!! ;)

12. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I do what I can brother.

13. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    which team is the one of your preference.... blooming, oriente or bolivar.... or wilstermn... which one???

14. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Bolivar.

I guess it should be Wilsterman since every time I visit Bolivia I stay in Cochabamba. Lapaz is great and all, but it requires 2 days of breathing torcher for me to enjoy the province.

15. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    bolivia´s liga in crisis...surprised?

not really..but it seems that it is getting worse..

Blooming youth team leaks 10 goals in Bolivian farce
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/2002/10/28/latin_rdp/

my team, wilstermann, have lost six players due to the economic crisis, due to unpaid wages, including, in my opinion..two of the top three of that team. when that happens, the fans are stuck watching crappy juveniles who have no business being out there..when there is no product, the fans stay home..like they have been recently, yesterday only 2000 fans saw wilstermann-mariscal braun. those 2000 tickets sold probably paid for the stadium, security and whatever else.

bolivar´s game against gimnasia drew probably 45,000 people, and that ticket money sure goes a long way. maybe that is why bolivar is loaded this year, with three ex-wilstermann players.

really, it is an endless cycle, bad teams and bad games draw no fans..and no fans means no money to pay the players...so when will it stop?

i know bolivia is not alone, with chile, uruguay and argentina with its share of problems..but what is the root of all this? bad financial management, corruption within the ranks of the directiva? if i were a socio of wilstermann, i think i would like to see the books and see where and how all the money is being spent, because someone is dropping the ball on this.

16. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well Blooming is paying for the exagerated salaries they paid for three or four years ago. The problem with blooming has been that they rarely achieved the results their payroll demanded and are now endebted to the hilt. This is always a risky thing to do. Wilstermann did it in 80-81 and they had good success for those years, however later on their economic problems brought them their worste decade in the great clubs history. Bolivar used that method for most of the nineties but was bankrolled by Mercado. After Mercado's death their budget shrank down to something normal. Bolivar is now tyring once again, their success has been good for this year but it's yet to be seen what this'll mean later on.

Wilstermann has determined to be within budget this year whether it cost them a place in Libertadores or not. It's a little bit of a pity that we Cochabambinos are such exitistas and demand so much from Wilstermann. Everybody loves the team and are always talking about them. Unfotunately we usually express ourselves with complaints and seem incapable of supporting the team through thick or thin. It's incredible that Wilstermann has played better outside of Cochabamba than in our own house for the last five years. As always happens we'll do really good in the road then suddenly tie at home disappointing everybody. Hard to blame the team, because if Wilstermann plays bad for even a fifteen minute stretch then the crowd gets really ugly. No wonder we do so bad at home. After such a bad decade, Wilstermann has been producing some really great players in the last five years. The teams were capable of beating and playing well against the the more expensive teams. When I lived in La Paz and I saw Wilstermann play they played very well. Bolivar always has trouble with them at La Paz and often loses points. But in Cochabamba they play very nervous and have dificulty generating offense.

17. carlitos

carlitos New Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Mauricio Ramos, Union Central,
    is that the same ramos that played in the MLS for the Mutiny an a couple of other teams?
    Its about time for a good Bolivian futbol web site,
    given the international success of Bolivar lately .
    I bought a killer book on Bolivian futbol history a couple of years ago, it was great reading.
    The history of Bolivian soccer has been dominated by the "clasico" Bolivar - The Strongest
    Oriente,Blooming, and Wilster have done well as of late also.
    anyone out there know anything about the future of the Bolivians playing at DC United?

18. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    http://www.lostiempos.com/hoy/pde3.shtml

San Lorenzo assures BOlivar a safe passage, as does Bolivar to San Lorenzo.

If my ass was there, I would probally pound on something..... of San Lorenzos property.

19. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    As far as I know, Marco will have to agree to a decrease in pay if he wants to stay in DC. He has wonderful passes, but is very slow under MLS standards. El Diablo is still considered one of the best players in MLS.

Moreno chooses to cause speculation. IF ur Bolivian, u know he has mad talent and good speed. What he lacks is Motivation to play 100 % in most games. His lack of motivation has caused speculation on wether he will be here next year or not. He recently mentioned he would like to give europe another try since he feels he is at his peak of his career.

Vaca isn't as effective in MLS as he was in south america. The speed of MLS is pretty fast, much faster then most think. His first touch is good, really good. His skills are effective here in MLS, but just given less time to work his magic. The dude is definantly a future DIABLO!

20. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    From reading the link, gotta wonder how the cops can disappear just in time to let those people come in and destroy a bus. This sounds like something orchestrated.

What's the point of messing with San Lorenzo? Completely different club and different city. Like messing with Wilstermann because of what The Strongest did.

21. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Boredom my friend. BOREDOM!

22. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivar 2 San Lorenzo 1

Good game and as Strongista it kills me to say this but with a team as good as Bolivar, I can't understand how they play Ligori in defense. He is TERRIBLE!! They are loaded with talent. Colque and Botero were awesome, but that tall lanky uncoordinated dude has got to go. He and a terrible mistake by Gato Fernandez cost them the goal. He cost them in the last game in Argentina too. If they want to advance any further, they have got to find someone to take his place. By The Way.....The Bolivian people were gracious and well behaved.

Sorry.....I forgot the [R]

23. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    His height is good to head balls out of danger.

He does suck the big one though. Every time he gets the ball, I have this feeling he's just going to pass it to the opposing team, trip over his legs, or even be blown down by the wind.

The main question here is, who will replace him? I know we have other defenders who have better skill then him, but they dont have his height. His height is whats keeping him in the team. I cant imagine any other reason.

24. oscarm

oscarm Member

Oct 31, 2000
    Fairfax, Va
    Any help appreciated!

If you want a fresh, up-to-date english news site on Bolivian soccer please volunteer and help Erwin S. His Site is really well designed and has excellent content but keeping a site running can be hard work, especially if you've got school/work and other activities to juggle.

BTW, I run futboliviano.com although I don't update it as often as I would like. If you can read/write in Spanish and would like to help by posting news, send me an email at omerida@yahoo.com. ES and I have known each other, virtually, for quite a while and have thought that we should try to cooperate/share however we can.

25. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Bolivar players to go abroad

http://members.lycos.co.uk/bolivianfootball/index.php?page=text&id=243

Gaty and Botero may end up in a club in Argentina. Botero has more options since he was also offered a stint with a club from Portugal and Bulgaria.

Gaty is awsome, but I dont think he would do to well in Europe because of his size. Botero has size, speed and skill, but I hate the fact that he still manages to miss alot of his oportunities as a forward.