Bolivia vs Uruguay

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by dsauna, Oct 4, 2011.

1. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It looks like the pitch is pretty wet and conditions are rather sloppy. Nice goal on the Bolivia side but really sloppy defending as well --. Also, your midfielders are leaving huge gaps between defense and forwards. Uruguay is attacking with 4-5 guys so they're also leaving some spaces and their defense isn't as solid as I thought it would be. 3-1 with :45 minutes to go is still doable but tighten up that midfield gap and open up the field! --

2. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    team are even in the middle field. only difference is that they have a strong offense and our D is sloppy at times.Good thing that we are calm on the ball. Uruguay is for my taste, the best team in the world at the moment besides España.
    as for fouls, they are even but bias for the home team (yellow cards). we better get the same treatment the second round.Rivero didn't deserve that yellow after Suarez flopped.

Edit: the game ended 2-4 . we played a good game but it wasn't enough. i enjoyed watch this one. Cardozo, Peña and Moreno are getting to know how to play with each other. it's evident near the end of the match

3. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  4. invein

invein New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Arlington, VA
    4-2 guys. Saw the last 25 mins of the second half. The pitch was pretty sloppy. I was surprised to see Bolivia really hold their own in the middle and creating some passes toward goal, which eventually led to the second goal. Even though, to my judgement - wasn't a penaly. But whachu gonna do. :D Only saw the last goal from Uruguay, which was a defense's fault. Arias would probably have done better if it hadn't rained so much. There's not much of an excuse for the defense though.

4 goals are still a lot to take, but so are 2 away goals. At times I felt some of our players...couldn't tell who...in the middle didn't know what to do with the ball. That's always been our problem, which is why we always end up doing the long ball.

Any other games on right now?

5. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Lo dije a todos que me escuchaban, Uruguay no asusta a nadie, es el tipo de equipo que te puede meter una goleada y al dia siguiente no tiene dientes. T

Bolivia tiene que pelear los puntos de visitante. Estos equipos se aflojan cuando juegan en casa contra nosotros, no llenan el estadio contra nosotros, y no esperan nada de nosotros de visitante. Nuestro equipo regala los puntos, es una buena oportunidad de ganar de visitante y espero que Quinteros o Baldi o quien sea se de cuenta y busque los puntos de visitante.

6. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    El estadio estaba vacio por los altos precios (entrada mas barata salia 25 dolares y habian entradas de hasta 120 dolares) y por la lluvia intensa de todo el dia. No tiene nada que ver con el rival.

Buen partido muchachos. Ustedes jugaron bastante bien durante varios momentos y me pegaron un buen susto

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Bolivia ha mejorado. Les falta fé, éso sí.

8. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They did what they could..look at it this way...last 2 games we lost on 10-0 aggregate but we scoreed 2 goals this time but allowed 4, yea i know but hey theyre the best team in south america...

as far as im concerned as long as we win the home games we're good

9. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    yeah at least we scored 2 goals, and they were by no fluke either. Cardozo is getting better and Alcides Pena has the "garra" to work on this squad.

I would say Argentina and Uruguay will be top spots. haven't seen the Arg match but I are a team to never discount. Same part of the Peru - Paraguay .Peru was strong going up and paraguay, what happen to them?

10. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I saw the game on TV While spending the weekend here in Colombia, and despite the loss, I think we played well. Arias was not on his A game and was solely responsible for the third goal, and at least two other goals were from lack of concentration on our defense.

Uruguay is by far the best team in these qualifiers, so they were expected to be superior. Lugano is the leader many other teams lack and he is simply the most under-rated player in south America.

All the colombians I talked to here agreed with my assessment. The also said they have their work cutout for them next Tuesday.

Not bad. Not bad at all. But then again, we seem to always play wel one game, and completely suck the next one.

11. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I def think the pitch was a huge issue. On the thrid goal Arias lost his footing as he was going fo rthe ball, that made it look like he was sloppy. IT p went both ways. the second Lugano goal would've been avoided but for the pitch.

Taking teh game, and the way the team played I'd have to give it one thumb up. I have to say that the one person that is making huge strides is Cardozo.