Bolivia vs Uruguay

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by dsauna, Oct 4, 2011.

1. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Come on guys! We're 3 days away from the big game and I haven't seen almost anyone talking about it. Apparently we have 26 players for that much, which only about 6 will play both games any ideas for line ups?

I guess against Uruguay;

Arias
    Vargas Raldez Rivero Gutierrez
    Florez Robles
    Cardozo Edivaldo Campos
    Martins

Against Colombia

Same Keeper defense and mid-defense

Vaca(unfortunately) Campos

Escobar Arce.

That's what I believe, might not be the ideal one though. Viva Bolivia!!

2. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This is the type of game that the current Bolivia is set up to get points from. The question will be what the players believe themselves capable of. I say hang back, take the pressure, don't lose concentration and make some quick counter-strikes and above all believe in ourselves.

3. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I mean we tied Argentina, Paraguay, Peru and Guatemala away. The only game away that we lost was Panama. What I'm really worried about is the home games. Coming out with a tie against Uruguay to then lose against Colombia, just like what happened in the Copa America

4. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    With Uruguay playing mostly a counter attacking style as well. It would be clever to stay tight defensively and take the pressure like you say DeeJay. If they underestimate us in the least bit then we might have a shot at a tie. Just gotta to shut down Forlan and Suarez.
    and whoever plays on our defensive wings (Vargas and Gutierrez,Lorgio Alvarez) better try to disturb Pereyra as much as possible

I hope Lorgio has a good match.

5. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Uruguay is none of the four teams you mention. I think they are the most solid, complete and compact team right now. We always play with them first for some reason, and we always come back with 5 goals against us.

I see no reason why this time is going to be different.:(

6. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I was a big supporter of Quinteros from the beginning, but I say if we don't beat Colombia then he should be fired. He's had time and losing or tying Colombia would set us back already, since we could come out of the four games in 2011 with zero or 1 point.

I'm resigned the fact that Robles is starter 'indiscutible' and just hope that Colombia does not employ the same tactics that Peru put in place during the friendly in La Paz.

7. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Copied from Facetas Deportivas

Los dos equipos están listos. Para jugar contra Uruguay dispuso el siguiente once: Sergio Galarza; Cristian Vargas, Edemir Rodríguez, Ronald Rivero, Luis Gutiérrez; Wálter Flores, Jaime Robles, Joselito Vaca y Rudy Cardozo; Mauricio Saucedo y Diego Cabrera.
    No hay duda de que Ronald Raldes jugará por Rodríguez, Edivaldo Rojas en vez de Saucedo, y Marcelo Martins desplazará a Cabrera. Además, es probable que Lorgio Álvarez sustituya a Vargas, pero el trabajo del jugador de San José dejó satisfecho al técnico.

If that's the team for Uruguay, why are we fu cki ng around with Galarza and not Arias, he's clearly the best goalkeeper we have, and he has been playing regularly in Spain. With Flores and Robles I'm assuming he wants to do what they did in Argentina the FIRST GAME ONLY, to stop the flow. Vaca, well i'm tired of talking about him.

PARA COLOMBIA. El DT también probó ayer el equipo que enfrentará a los cafetaleros, que estuvo formado por Daniel Vaca; Lorgio Álvarez, Jorge Cuéllar (invitado), Luis Méndez, Enrique Parada; José Luis Chávez, Alejandro Chumacero, Jhasmani Campos, Pablo Escobar; Juan Carlos Arce y Alcides Peña.
    El ataque está plenamente confirmado, pues Campos, Escobar, Peña y Arce se quedarán en La Paz. Se completará el equipo con los inamovibles de Quinteros.

I'm ok with this, but again Arias needs to be there.

8. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    ^^^
    It's Facetas, they just speculate. They're wrong more times than right about the starters.

What's clear is that we have no intention of trying to win in Uruguay and that makes me absolutely sick. Always the same crap, pray for a win away and put all your eggs in the altitude La Paz basket. It's absolutely foolish, we're basically giving half our points away in qualifying before it even kicks off. And I can't really dog our coaches out for playing different players because we all know La Paz takes a toll on our guys that don't play there.

Double edged sword, I said it before and I'll say it again. We need to not play in La Paz anymore. It's killing us.

Seeing these guys on the field together well acclimatised does bring a smile to my face though. Alejandro Chumacero, Jhasmani Campos, Pablo Escobar; Juan Carlos Arce y Alcides Peña.

The defense on the other hand........

9. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^ I don't think Arias arrived yet from Spain that's the reason he wasn't part of the practice. He will definitely be a starter, even Quinteros said so.

10. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has arrived already

11. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    Under the circumstances I can see that it's hard to decide on the players to use given we're trying to leverage everything we can out of playing locally in La Paz. I do see Nilo's point about it being a double-edged sword tho because ideally we should field our best players no matter what. I'm not in favor of Joselito, as has been discussed ad nauseum. I think Quinteros is trying to be "realistic" and "strategic". I do like that we're trying out new blood here and there, though that should have been done in friendlies and not when it'll count.

I do think we can still surprise, though the chances of that might be low.

In any case....ViVa Bolivia Karajo!!! :D

12. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    On defense, I'm glad Raldes is in top form, we need him to be 100% for the D not to falter.

I'm really hoping Marcelo can do something here to help up top, we need him to do what he did in Wigan, and thats disrupt the passing from the back. Uruguay has two of the best defenders in the world, and Lugano Loves going up, disrupting the passing back there will be key, and hopefully Robles and Flores take cue and disrupt as well, without getting red carded. I do wich Saucedo stays in the middle, he is due for his start, I hope Quinteros utilizes him more this time around.

The Bolivia team, I hope Chuma does what we expect him to do and prove the naysayers about him being an asset in the team, he def beats Vaca.

13. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    FINALLY!

I keep forgetting my password and BIGSOCCER rarely saves my info. I think it's this new Internet Explorer Browser. Keeps getting worse and worse.

Business. Vaca sucks for international duty. I'm irritated and get shrivers when I see one of our teams cheapest players wearing the number 10 jersey. I just hope he plays with the same heart he played vs. Argentina.

Counter Attack. I agree Nilo. Even when Uruguay goes up, they are often still very organized in the back. They emphasize heavily on the most important position. Defense. We never emphasized this in the past, so it's nice to see Quinteros playing more D then past predecessors. It's ugly, but it's going to get results.

Colombia. We sent too many players forward when we played them in Copa America. We played well, but it's not about going head to head. It's about playing smart. WE out played Costa Rica for the most part, but they beat us! Why? They outsmarted us. A fcking sub23 team outsmarted a mens national team. We can't send too many people up front.

I'm excited! I like to think that Quinteros didn't play certain players so that we could use them as our secret weapon during the qualifiers. I feel players like Chuma, Saucedo, and Galindo will make a huge impact on how we play. Each are very explosive.

VIVA BOLIVIA ************!

14. invein

invein New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Arlington, VA
    ..stilll remember paying to watch the Uru vs Bol in Montevideo on the first day of the last SA qualifiers....when we lost 5 to nothing......and I still paid to watch a few other games after that...but I'm just not willing to waste my money anymore for good picture quality when I can easily watch it online and when things haven't changed.....It's bullshit that we have two line ups....I mean, do we really have that much talent to go around....

Why are we insisting on playing in La Paz beats me when we have to resort to this sort of mockery? I think it may partly have to do with confidence in ourselves and proving somehow to those who are against our playing in LP that we really have no other advantage, and/or are just simply not competitive......

So not looking forward to being last again...but still hopeful that somehow the team will show some promise....but you can't do that while there aren't any real fundamental changes within...

15. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That was not a good day! i heard that games will be available in sd/HD to the public in Bolivia for these eliminatorias. that's pretty cool.

"Quinteros declinó dar a conocer su alineación titular antes de viajar, pero lo más probable, según los medios, es que Bolivia forme de la siguiente manera: Carlos Arias; Cristian Vargas, Ronald Rivero, Ronald Raldes, Luis Gutiérrez; Walter Flores, Jaime Robles; Rudy Cardozo, Edivaldo Rojas, Mauricio Saucedo; Marcelo Martins."

got this from the futbol blog
    -this lineup is almost the same exact one that we used v. Arg in Copa America

16. invein

invein New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Arlington, VA
    btw guys...Happened to catch a few of the Sudamericano games lately..and I gotta say our futbol has really improved...(and I don't normally watch any Bolivian soccer :eek:) ...probably due to lots of foreigners..but that will hopefully relegate to us.

Gotta say that Baldivieso shows a lot of balls coaching. Whoever saw the Aurora game this week knows that it took a lot of ambition and guts to sub one of their best man, Galindo, for Andaveris, when the former just wouldn't follow his instructions. Even though I've seen better from Aurora, the fact that they're scoring so many goals is a very good indicative of Baldivieso's coaching....

So...if Quinteros is not up to par with expectations, we may very well have a substitute in the works. What I like about Baldivieso too is his demeanor, he seems calm, cold headed, ambicious and a risk taker. He's a fighter...a brawler, and we know that from his time on the pitch as well.

17. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I have to agree here. Although he can be a loose cannon, Baldi' would probably be the next coach inline to coach us if quinteros falters.

I'd love to see him bring the same guts and balls to our NT.

18. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Baldi would be a great option when he's ready. None of us are sure if he's ready yet. He did great a few years ago to only go dillusional and nuts.

If we had to choose a coach this year, I wouldn't wan't Baldi an option. The ingredients are all there, but lets see if he can handle himself appropriately first. For now, he's doing amazing.

We don't need the national team to be more embaressing then it already is.

19. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Baldi is doing a great job with Aurora. and he has more vision than Quinteroz, he has proven that by taking-out Gallindo for Andaveris.

Honestly, i would rather see Baldi with the sub-17 or sub-20 before the NT... But sadly, I believe if he doesn't stay with Aurora or the NT, he will see greener pastures outside Bolivia.

However, if he stays with Aurora and with the money coming in from the copa sud americana and if they win la Liga and participate in copa libertadores ... with all that money well invested by Aurora, Aurora could be the Liga de Quito from bolivia.

I believe Aurora with Baldi has a golden opportunity to set itself as the top team in Cocha and in the top 3 clubs in Bolivia. Let's just hope that Aurora has a good head on its shoulder.

20. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    Well, unbelievably enough, the 2014 World Cup Eliminatorias are gonna start in about an hour! Anybody have any video links for the Bolivia vs Uruguay game? I'm prob gonna check justin.tv

I hope Saucedo does in fact start and confirms what a lot of us hope, that he/other good Bolivian players can do better than Vaca! ;)

More importantly, I hope this mix of old and new players will show Bolivia can be competitive against some of the better futbol teams in the World.

VIVA BOLIVIA KARAJO!!! :D

21. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bolivia 1 - Urguay 1
    '22

Suarez and Cardozo :D

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nice! Any idea how the goal was scored?? At work. :(

Edit: My old man said 3-1. :( La Misma MEIR*A!!!!!

23. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    Any links please - my justintv one keeps going down :mad:

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    check rojadirecta.es or google uruguay bolivia myp2p

25. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    Thanks Bolivianfuego, searched "eliminatorias" on justintv and found something - Damn 3-1; I gotta have faith we'll come up with something in the second half...