Bolivia v Ireland May 26th

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by CHICO13, Apr 9, 2007.

1. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Their starters may not be there, but their bench team is playing for good teams in europe. They are still very lethal. Our talent is either on par, if not better then what Irelans has, but our speed and size is what's going to put us behind.

2. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    I live in Atlanta and would really like to go...it would be great if we could meet up and drive up as a group..!

3. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

cool man i live like three hrs from atlanta we need at least one more person to drive up because its like a 22 hr drive to foxboro i have driven to boston atleast twice from down here let me know wuz up and we can talk of line and get something going.

4. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    22 hrs?? WOW.....I have a suggestion, if u guys can't find a 3rd person y don't u greyhound up to the dc area & hook up with some Bolivians who are driving up to Boston.

I'm pretty sure the gas alone will make that trip pretty expensive. If the greyhound fares aren't too high (dunno haven't ridden greyhound in years) it might be a good idea. If I wasn't going out of town for the weekend you guys would be more than welcome to crash at my place and I'd make the drive up with u, but maybe next time, hopefully Bolivia plays on the east coast again.

So anybody wanna help these guys out or have suggestions......

Roll call for who's going to Boston
    - I can't make the trip (friends pick the worst weekends 2 get married):mad:
    - I think MarcoM3 is going, but he's flying in (I think)
    - Not sure about Chico, he mentioned he might
    - Everyone else, want to weigh in here?

5. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    PS - I hate la liga Boliviana those corrupt f*cks who run it and I'm now off to do some heavy drinking because this sh*t apparently is never gonna stop

http://www.eldeber.com.bo/2007/2007-05-22/vernotadeportes.php?id=3244

Always the same song & dance. We get a new coach & the league dirigentes promise to cooperate and not cause problems & look at THE BIG PICTURE!!!!
    and always the same SH*T!!!! :mad: they did the same thing to Acosta, Trucco, and every f*cking coach we've ever f*cking had G*D DAMNIT!!! It's not that Ribeiro or Rodriguez are crucial players (I didn't even think they should have been called up) but it's the principal, and just signals that it's gonna happen throughout WC qualifying......I think we've already lost without WC qualifying even begun. Talk about ruining your morning......i think I'm gonna go to the bellezas bolivianas thread before I have an anxiety attack

6. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I wish, the Toronto trip for United drained me dry. Both financially and physically.

7. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'll be there. I am flying from La Paz-Miami-DC-Boston. My son (in college in Orlando, Florida-but don't worry, I am only 42) is flying and meeting up with me. My Cousin is also flying Denver.
    We are staying in a hotel in the Back Bay. What ages are you guys? I think some are young and others..."less" young like me.:D

8. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Viejos LOL

Im 22 and my buddies are 23. We could meet up at the stadium some how. Also i got some bolivian jerseys from 98ish that im tyring to sell that ive had forever!!!

Let me know if anyones interested!

9. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    Awesome! My brother might be interested in going as well - He lives in Knoxville so we'd have to hook up with him as well. My current plan is to rent a car, drive up there and fly back to the ATL on Airtran ($79+fees).
    Another option I considered is similar to what MrNiloBraun mentioned which is to drive up to DC and take buses to boston. I found tickets for about $40 from dc to boston--~$20 to nyc and ~$20 from nyc to boston...

I don't know how that sounds to you but I'd love to see if we can help each other out..!

You can private message me to continue this, we can post it on the forum or hit me up at victormvirreira at yahoo dot c o m...

And thanks for the roll call MrNB - and I definitely feel the same way about the Real Potosi thing - what are they thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    I might be interested if I can get there!

11. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Cool. Sounds good hope to see ya there.

Well guys on facetas deportivas, they stated what last formation and players they had when practicing which for now seems like will be our lineup.

-------------------------------Sergio Galarza---------------------------------

Miguel Hoyos------Limbert Mendez---------Limbert Pizarro---------Lorgio Alvarez

'Nacho' Garcia------Gualberto Mojica-------Gonzalo Galindo-------Joselito Vaca

-------------Jaime Moreno-------------------Juan Carlos Arce-----------------

Happy to see arce back in the plans!!!!

12. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    (4-4-2).

Sergio Galarza en el arco; Miguel Hoyos, Limbert Méndez, Limbert Pizarro y Lorgio Álvarez en defensa; Ronald García, Gualberto Mojica, Gonzalo Galindo y Joselito Vaca en el mediocampo; Jaime Moreno y Juan Carlos Arce en el ataque. A esta formación se incorporará el defensor Juan Manuel Peña en lugar de Pizarro.

I can see this working out i really could :)

13. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I dont know too much about the golie, any one can tell me if there's a real future with him or would they still be looking for someone else?

14. TuAbuelo

TuAbuelo New Member

May 16, 2007
    El es el hijo de Lucho Galarza el gran arquero de antes y ahora DT de Aurora. Esta bien, es el portero de Oriente y la goleade de 9-2 contra SanJose o la de 4-0 con Real Potosi ayer fueron contra otro arqueros. En total Oriente recibio pocos goles en esta apertura. Tiene buen trayectorio, y los buenos genes tambien. Hugo Suarez de Wilsterman el no2 es bueno y tiene un remate fatal tambien, nos va a ir bien con cualquiera de los dos.

15. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Ah....por supuesto, me olvide completamente del grande Lucho Galarza. TuAbuelo sabes que edad tiene Sergio?

Yo personalmente quisiera ver el regreso del gato Fernandez a la seleccion, e escuchado que esta pasando por un buen momento en Chile. Si Sanchez va convocar a tipos como Ribeiro, Cabrera, Moreno, Limbert, etc porque no a Fernandez que esta en buena forma

16. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    El Doctorcito Galarza era Strongista, no?

17. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Okay, last night i saw the ecuador vs ireland game deffered on setana sports. What I saw from Ireland that is threatening to us is thier height and speed in the front. They are the typical euro team. They live and die with the long passes. They dont dribble with the ball they do the one pass thing the whole game they wore down the ecuadorian defense with thier one touch play. They had a lot youth. I also so saw that they weren't very physical when going for a fifty fifity ball. Ecuador scored first but after the irish scored the ecuadorians faded away. The speed and technique that the irish used was awsome. The only weekness I saw in the match was the lack of a midfielder to conduct the attack. The ball didn't really get moved around the middle to much it went to the forwards.:) I think we have the advantage in ball control. If we can maintain the pace of the game and play it on the ground, we might have a chance.

18. LOCO4UNITED!!

LOCO4UNITED!! New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    Section #120.
    I am not sure if somebody already asked this questions, but is the game going to be televised?

In regards the goolies...both Galarza and Suarez are pretty secure and solid. I do not think calling Gato Fernandez will be a good idea. International friendlies are exactly what Galarza and Suarez need in order to increase their experience.

Aguante Bolivia! :D

19. TuAbuelo

TuAbuelo New Member

May 16, 2007
    Si es originalmente de Paraguay creo nacionalizado Boliviano y estrongista de mucho tiempo. El hijo ya tiene 32 aqui una nota sobre el :
    nota de Abril.

Otra cosa, el gato Fernandez puede ser suspendido por 2 an~os de juego por la FIFA por salir positivo por marihuana en la prueba de doping en el juego que recibio 9 pepinos de San Jose. Entonces no se puede llamarlo por mas que se quiera...
    En otra se hablaba de nacionalizar al arquero de Bolivar Sayas, pero los Paraguayos ya recien lo llamaron a la seleccion... entonces no pasa nada...
    De todos modos tenemos buenos arqueros, el Saunero del tigre es bueno, tambien el de Real Potosi, incluso el arquero de la sub-veinte supestamente es bien alto y una opcion para el futuro esta en el Bolivar por ahora de opcion al arco no.4 o 5.

20. TuAbuelo

TuAbuelo New Member

May 16, 2007
    Busque y busque si lo transmiten pero parece que solo SkySports transmite para Europa y nada mas, hasta escribi a Espn y dicen que no, envez muestran bowling o otra aburridez... FSC nada... FSEspanol nada... GolTv no (talvez en deferido?)... Pero si lo transmiten en Bolivia en forma abierta (red uno creo).

21. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yes its gona be on deferido on sunday at 0600 pm on setana sports its the irsh soccer channel

22. LOCO4UNITED!!

LOCO4UNITED!! New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    Section #120.
    Gracias por la info.

Espero que nos vaya bien... la clave va ser no darle la pelota a los irlandeses. Si podemos controlar el balon tenemos chances.

23. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    TuAbuelo, estas equivocado el caso de doping se trata de Leo Fernandez y no de Jose gato Fernandez que juega en Chile. De todos modos no veo porque no lo convocan ya que esta en buena forma, hace unas semanas un periodico Chileno lo nombro arquero de la semana y su equipo se mantiene en la primera division. No es como si Galarza fuera un jovencito ya tiene 32:eek: y las pocas veces que lo vi no me parece nada fuera de comun.

Veo muy interesante como tipos como Moreno pueden ser titulares y Ribeiro, Limbert, Cabrera convocados y al mismo tiempo ni una mirada a un jugador que esta en buena forma en liga extranjera, but whatever :rolleyes:

24. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Ok, I wasn't planning on going since I'm not very happy with my countries chances of doing well for this match.

However, I've come to realize that this is the time when they need us the most. I have a 03 Mustang that probally now gets less then 15mpg, so driving up there would be a big mistake for me. IF I can hitch a ride from someone, I will contribute for gas. I do however need to be back in the area by Sunday Morning (Earlier the better); I don't want to inconvenience anyone.

25. TuAbuelo

TuAbuelo New Member

May 16, 2007
    Tienes toda la razon, es que ultimamente a este tambien le llaman 'gato' ;)
    Carlos Lampe es el arquero sub-20 disque es un Jachote como pocos... Y el chico Galarza ya tendra 35 para el mundial, mientras este Lampe puede estar en lo mejor ya de ~22 por lo menos nuestro equipo no esta tannnnn biejo como lo hacian antes... solo si se jugaran mas partidos...