Bolivia v Ireland May 26th

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by CHICO13, Apr 9, 2007.

1. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Yeah I agree with you atsegnorts, I would be unhappy if Moreno plays any significant time. I think you put it best, what's the goal of us as a team? I think it's the long term and having a respectable showing at CopaAmerica & qualifying for SouthAfrica '10. Moreno is definitely not part of that future or even a late sub option IMO. Then again none of us have the qualifications of Sanchez & maybe he knows something we dont about Moreno (doubt it)

I hope we do win though, not because it's important (it's not) but because it might help us get better friendlies against better opponents than playing the banana republics we're used to.

I'm just upset that the FBF couldn't line up more friendlies, we should be playing in BOTH of these FIFA dates like Ireland is & most other federations. I wouldn't even care if the second game was against a lesser quality team. Oh well.....El Salvador, S. Africa, Ireland, Paraguay, just doesn't seem like enough preparation.

2. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Moreno needed to be on the national team awhile back. I totally agree. I'm sure Diablo had some say/reccomendation regarding having Moreno back on the pitch with the nats.

I would like to know who the fastest player on the team is. If Moreno is among the top 3, then he needs to be on the team.

3. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If moreno is in the top 3...... then I will be worried.

4. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am flying from Bolivia via Miami/Washington DC for the game (long flight...). I am staying in downtown Boston over the weekend, and I will wearing the ugly new Marathon jerseys the national team is now wearing.
    I may have an extra one for you...the more the merrier!!:cool:

5. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I will also be staying in boston for friday and saturday, not just for the game but to check out the night life baby!

If anyones interested i have a some old bolivia jerseys from the 90s i wouldnt mind getting off my hands. Let me know if anyones down and we could meet up.

7. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    We should be GLAD Ireland and South Africa agreed to play us... even though SA isnt an A-class team like Ireland is....at least we got to play friendlies outside of the banana republics like it was said....I think the only other time we did so in recent years was when we got slaughtered by Portugal. Also....just think about it.....this year alone (including last years El Salvador game) we will have played more friendlies than the last two years combined!

8. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
  9. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Bolivia and El Salvador game is canceled. Bastards.

10. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    So is Raldes playing or not? I read somewhere here he isn't.

I seriously wished Bolivia could just stay in the USA for one week more, and play vs. El Salvador.

To be honest, I don't see Bolivia beating Ireland, especially with out Raldes. The Irish got some serious speed, and we definantly don't. We should be able to beat El Salvador, so that win should be good for the players when they participate vs. Copa America. Attitude is key!

Who do we have that's fast? I don't think we have more then 2-3 players faster then Jaime on the team right now.

11. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    okay its all good as long as they don't get injured our goal should be to have a decent presentation at the copa america and who cares about the ireland game. i hope we can see past this;)

12. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    okay the list of players for the Ireland game is out....

Nº NOMBRE CLUB
    1 HUGO SUAREZ WILSTERMANN
    2 SERGIO GALARZA ORIENTE PETROLERO
    3 MIGUEL HOYOS THE STRONGEST
    4 GATY RIBEIRO REAL POTOSI
    5 JUAN MANUEL PEÑA VILLARREAL (ESPAÑA)
    6 LIMBERT PIZARRO SAN JOSE
    7 LIMBERT MENDEZ WILSTERMANN
    8 EDEMIR RODRIGUEZ REAL POTOSI
    9 LORGIO ALVAREZ CERRO PORTEÑO (PARAGUAY)
    10 DIEGO BENGOLEA WILSTERMANN
    11 LEONEL REYES BOLIVAR
    12 RONALD GARCIA ARIS (GRECIA)
    13 SACHA LIMA WILSTERMANN
    14 GUALBERTO MOJICA PACOS FERREIRA (PORTUGAL)
    15 GONZALO GALINDO THE STRONGEST
    16 JHASMANI CAMPOS ORIENTE PETROLERO
    17 JOSELITO VACA BLOOMING
    18 NELSON SOSSA WILSTERMANN
    19 PABLO SALINAS THE STRONGEST
    20 GUSTAVO PINEDO CADIZ (ESPAÑA)
    21 JAIME MORENO DC UNITED (ESTADOS UNIDOS)
    22 DIEGO CABRERA AURORA
    23 AUGUSTO ANDAVERIS LA PAZ FC
    24 JUAN CARLOS ARCE CORINTHIANS (BRASIL)
    25 JORGE ORTIZ BLOOMING

I didn't expect Arce to be called up, after all there's a new coach at Corinthians & he hasn't established his future with the club yet, remember he's only on loan and that's up in the next couple of months. If he doesn't solidify his spot he could be back in Bolivia by fall.

I would much rather see Arce not called up and stake his place in el Timao. Overall not happy with the list, for the most part it's just the same old same old.......Moreno, Ribeiro, Cabrera, Lima WTF??? none of these guys will be of any use for qualifying why the F*CK don't we call in younger inexperienced unproven guys, we already know what these guys can do (not much) :rolleyes:

13. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This game is beginning to suck big time. I can't believe I spent the money and time to go all the way up from Bolivia to Boston for this.
    It's beyond me that Reyes, Andaveris, Cabrera, Hoyos, Ribeiro and Galindo are on the list. I hope they are there to warm the bench only.

Raldes is a big loss. Peña is used to playing against european strikers, but he can't hold the fort by himself. All the other defenders are slow, short, and will have a tough time playing the irish.

Where is Tordoya? He should have been on the list.

I hope they sell lots of beer at the stadium. :(

14. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree torodoya should off been on the list instead of ribera or galindo he is young and he looks like he has "ganas" to play.

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    i just hope they start piniedo, hes our future striker similar to botero but faster. And i still got hope for gatty, he was amazing with Bolivar and is gaining back his strengths with real potosi, he was awsome in the libertadores for them still showing his magic he can provide! I hope he will still have some of that in the tank for this game, as im not going all the way to boston to see them lose, then again im also going to party. Hehehe.

Also im looking forward to seeing what "nacho" garcia can contribute, hes another one of our strenghts whos rumored to be heading to the really strong Schalke 04.

But ill admit it, galindo is garbage, how does he manage to make the call up?

16. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    any possible line ups????????????????????????????? i have no idea i execpt for a couple of course here is my line up keep in mind i havent seen half of this players play since they played agains south africa..

----------suarez------------
    --?-------pena----ALVAREZ
    ---?---LIMA--MOJICA---CAMPOS
    -------GARCIA---?-----------
    ----------PINEDO-----------

I think we should play a 3-4-2-1 this would give us a good strong defense with capability to attack and what we do best hold the ball and touch it.

17. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Knowing Sanchez, this is how he will probably step onto the pitch:
    -------------------Galarza--------------------
    --------------------Peña---------------------
    Ribeiro--------------Mendez-----------Alvarez
    --------------------Reyes-------------------
    Garcia---------------Vaca-----------Campos
    ----------Arce---------------Moreno--------
    The only doubt is Mendez, he may put Reyes in his place and have Galindo play in front of him.

18. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Jaaajajajaaa....I hear you, thank you Sanchez I'm officially depressed. Something tells me we're gonna get friggin murdered in Boston. Our backline will have no speed at all. Oh god I just hope we don't get too embarassed.

God are we ever gonna produce any decent players again, where the hell is the new generation, we're falling behind EVERYONE, the league sucks, our new jerseys blow, why do all our youth stop growing at 15, our stadiums are falling apart, Evo just repossessed my lands in Tarija, I can't find my keys and I think this mole might be cancerous........(breathing heavily into a paper bag)......it's okay....just my daily anxiety attack.....oh the anguish and perils of being a Bolivia futbol fan:(

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    God i hope galindo doesnt start.......:confused: and reyes..... god x 2

20. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    But you still get that rush when they walk out on the field. Best feeling in futbol :)

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I hear that. It makes you get that goosebumps feeling. I dont care if they lose, just to see them play close to full strength is enough, and with platini as the coach... as their last coaches IMO were BS. Who remember a couple years back they were about to get bora? Anyone remember that? I wish that happened....

22. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ...or you still spend crazy amounts of money to travel and see them play. My non-bolivian wife says I have the worst case of sports masochism.

I love this game...and I love the Llajta even more. I will be there suffering and cursing and promising not to do it ever again...until the next game.:D

23. Bolivar4ever

Bolivar4ever New Member

May 19, 2007
    Bolivia 2 Ireland 1

Vamos a ganar !
    Bolivia will win

although Raldez and Arce are not coming, important players in the defense and offense

24. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia