Bolivia V. Honduras at RFK on 10/11/03

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Kromer523, Sep 11, 2003.

1. vivaelbolivar

vivaelbolivar New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    RFK & EL MADRIGAL
    is juan manuel pena playing? i thought he was on his way from spain. vamos bolivia

2. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    Sure the odds are a bit tougher now but how often can you see your team? Maybe it's a time for new heros to emerge.

VAMOS BOlivia!

[​IMG]

3. vivaelbolivar

vivaelbolivar New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    RFK & EL MADRIGAL
    Re: BALDIVIESO OUT< ETCHEVERRY IN

thats right man!

4. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    IM still going. Its just abit upsetting. 4 of my cousins will no longer attend the match, and I had already bought them a ticket from Oscar. Anybody want to witness "La Barra Brava and La Norte" as one?

5. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    What is that picture and how can I buy one? That would certainly be awesome to show off at RFK :D

Sachin

6. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    One of 2 things,

The mask used in the dances for "La Diablada" or "Morenada".

7. etcheverrito

etcheverrito New Member

Jun 12, 2001
    the heartland of NOV
    What you need to do with your cousins is...take your right foot and shove it up their a$$...it'll fit with the proper amount of force!
    I tell you...these cochabestias always p&$$y out of things:)...let's not forget the war with Chile...Bautista wouldn't inform the country the Chileans were invading because it was Carnavales.

8. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I am so there. I won't neglect my Bolivian heritage! (hehehehe) Why hell, I have even been thinking about buying a little place over there... you never know it might come in handy with CSC working the game :)

--Btw, does anyone know if there are any extradition treaties between the United States and Bolivia? :D

9. vivaelbolivar

vivaelbolivar New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    RFK &amp; EL MADRIGAL
    no i dont know but what the hell does that have to do with soccer

10. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Wow, I guess Chico was right about Bolivar fans... :D
    [​IMG]

p.s. in RFK: CSC, legal inquiries, and combat helmets have EVERYTHING to do with soccer amigo.

11. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    [​IMG]

Dave Brother?!
    [​IMG]

12. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    [​IMG]
    Which Bolivar player is this? And is it true what Oscar says? Bolivar is the poor people team in Bolivia? :D

13. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  14. Diablo10

Diablo10 New Member

My man McOwen! Welcome to the brotherhood of "El Tigre"!!!! You def. don't want to be associated with Cholivar! Viva el Tigre!

Los aka Chico Jr!

15. vivaelbolivar

vivaelbolivar New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    RFK &amp; EL MADRIGAL
    I guess your saying ectheverry, baldivieso, and sanchez all belong to the poor club. anyway lets forget about this and support our national team.

16. pepster

pepster New Member

Mar 25, 2000
    dojnt let yourself to be swayed into thinking they are. on the contrary (and i have no idea where the notion of "the strongest" as the "classier" team comes from to this forum): strongest are the older of the two teams, and upon foundation, they garnered the loyalty of the masses, as they were the "people's team". later on, bolivar came onto the scene and became the team of the upper classes, or the bourgoise, if you like. to counter the magic that bolivar displayed on the field (and off the field), the strongest supporters decided to deride bolivar as thejonnycomelately upstarts, and puns such as "cholivar" (cholo = street, uncouth, mixblooded, etc. + livar), which tells glaringly about their pretenses, were coined to demean the team that kicked their asses in the grandest of fashions. for long periods of bolivian soccer, the strongest amounted to a heap of stripes; but, as luck is always on the wrong team, bolivar were once relegated to second division. this was heaven sent for the heathens, but bolivar came back with a vengeance. i havent seen bolivian soccer for years, but the national tteam was for a long time bolivar-based,with a few strays from that other team.

but i heard that the true team of the masses is
    "aurora" a team from cochabamba.

so, thereyouhaveit.cheers, and cheer for bolivar :)

17. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Whoa Whoa Whoa Increase the Peace you guys!!!

What was the score from the Honduras Vs. Bolivia game? thanks

18. snsj4

snsj4 New Member

Oct 3, 2001
    O.C. ,California
    yeah what was the final score?!

19. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    [​IMG]

Great time tonight with all my Bolivian brothers.
    1-0 Bolivia. Oriente, Strongest, Bolivar, Blooming all represented well. It was a blast for me.
    Sorry our Honduran brothers from Barra DC went home sad, but let's all come out for United the next two home games.

20. snsj4

snsj4 New Member

Oct 3, 2001
    O.C. ,California
    BO BO BO LI LI LI VIA VIA VIA
    VIVA BOLIVIA!

21. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    1-0

Bolivia won.

Not a very deserving win.

22. pepster

pepster New Member

Mar 25, 2000
    who scored? did we cheat, dive,etc?

23. vivaelbolivar

vivaelbolivar New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    RFK &amp; EL MADRIGAL
    our best defenders contributed to the goal. oscar sanchez kicked a free kick and juan pena netted it in in the 90th minute. however our left flank and our forwards sucked. great game though bolivia!!!

24. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Security Issues? Its the WHITE PEOPLE's Fault!

A great time and not such a bad game either (hey its nice to support a team that actually didnt f-ing choke for once...)

The general admission part of the game was hilarious! Not ONE CSC goon or usher in sight the majority of the evening. --How is that we can have a full stadium (since they supposedly dont count the top) and have NO CSC and NOT ONE INCIDENT OR PROBLEM ALL EVENING?!

Take note Lenny...

I think I may start a thread later on the stadium issues from tonight.

-- What was with the gates NOT opening until 30 minutes before kickoff!? And even then only half of the normal amount.

For all of those United fans that skipped this you really missed out. If United could draw even a quarter of those people back we would benefit greatly. The soccer moms are not the future of this league. (if there is one)

25. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I thought Guiterez scored (#10)?

After the game, I made MAD phone calls to my Bolivian boys that decided not to attend the game. They're pissed :)

Truthfully, I felt bad for the Hondurans. They played a solid match. I'm actually in shock that Bolivia beat Honduras with the team they brought and the lousy way they played. Whats awsome is that there were really no fights. There was one, but between BOLIVIANS!! If Honduras ever plays a match vs any other team then USA and Bolivia, I'm rooting for them. VERY FRIENDLY atmosphere!

Bad play by the Bolivians, but I'll take the win!