Bolivia v Ecuador 9/9/09 WCQ

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by \^the king^/, Sep 6, 2009.

1. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    My line-up would look like this:

-------cevallos-------

......Hmmmmmm come to think of it, I got nothing right now.

Keep in mind that Mendez, Espinoza, Reasco, and Tenorio(injury) won't play against Bolivia becuase of Card accumalation.

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I seriously doubt we'll win this game in La Paz but here's my line-up:

Assuming Tenorio's injured....

Cevallos; Ibarra, Hurtado, Guagua, Ayovi; Valencia, Castillo, Noboa, Mendez, Lara; Benitez

I'd put Montero there instead of Mendez, but I have a feeling he'd had difficulties with the altitude. Wow, it looks so horrible to have nothing left to play with. If we win, it's a miracle.

3. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i definitely think Lara should get a starting spot, now more than ever...hell, the dude can even play as a tiny forward if we needed him to...the dude is clearly hungry for a spot and has been ever since he came back from Colombia to Liga

4. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    that's the thing about south america,we really have no weak teams,even the teams considered underdogs can give you a hard time,we have to be careful aginst bolivia because with a defence like ours we'll get scored on easily,thank god botero retired because that guy was a beast when bolivia played in la paz,and im pretty sure marcelo moreno wont have a hard time scoring on us if we dont pull our socks up!:eek:,we have to play smarter than when we played aginst colombia,we should use chirstian lara because hes accustomed to the alititude of quito,and hes a beast as a forward,this is my line up:

Elizaga

ibarra guagua hurtado espinoza???

noboa valencia mendez ???

benitez lara

5. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Ill be pissed if we go a 4-5-1 against bolivia and not colombia.
    And mendez is out so montero will get the spot

6. MrSoloDolo

MrSoloDolo Member

Aug 2, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Elizaga
    Guagua Sombra Hurtado Fleitas
    Noboa/Montero Mendez Ayovi Valencia
    Lara Benitez...........lets go for the 3 points and not f this up

7. MrSoloDolo

MrSoloDolo Member

Aug 2, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    what happened to pato urrutia?

8. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm not ready to give this up, I mean come to think of it If Uruguay beats or ties with Colombia on wednesday and if we pull the 3 points form La paz we are back right where this whole thing started, guys let's say Paraguay beats Argentina we can walk out being in fourth, I saw the Ivan Hurtado and Vizuete post match comments they don't look defeated at all. yes Bolivia will be hard but we are a good team too, yestarday iy had been a great game until the 81st minute, even with 10 players we were balling.
    -------------------ELIZAGA--------------------
    ---Fleitas---Ivan----Espinoza----Ayovi--------
    --Valencia----Castillo-----Mendez---Noboa---
    --------Montero------Benites--------
    that looks to me as possible line up, Don't forget Fleitas played for a looong time as left flank defender or if Vizuete wants to play more defense oriented have ambrossi in the right flank I mean he is used to la altura.

9. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    very true,lets recall that brazil was close to not qualifying at this stage in 2002,and they got to third place qualifying behind ecuador:rolleyes::),theres still a chance,but honestly,i never saw hurtado with that many flaws until yesterday,he didnt even pressure that good anymore,same with espinoza sometimes he didnt even make contact witht the colombian players and just stood there watching him play around with the ball,if we seriously make it to the world cup i'd reconsider the defenders so we dont make an embarrasement of ourselves against european teams,and i would reconsider ayovi in defence he sucks balls:mad:,and espinoza's carded i think..so he wont play against bolivia

10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm pretty sure we will win in La Paz. Don't ask me why...I just think we will but will be more than happy to eat my words if I'm wrong.

11. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We were worst off against Peru with even less of our starters to go with and saying the exact same thing. We also payed them at home and won.

Bolivia cannot use the altitude card on us, cus it doesn't work! I compare them to Peru, since they are a "weak" side, but they can give you trouble and surprise you!

But Bolivia is not better than Ecuador and our guys are much bigger compared to the majority short stature players of Bolivia. We can even put in little guys like Lara, Montero, Rojas who won't be easily bodied by the short Bolivian footballers and will be able to crack through the very weak Bolivian defence.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I actually just checked, Giovanni Espinoza IS eligible to play against Bolivia...UNFORTUNATELY!! He's the worst defender we have, some people point out Hurtado a lot but hes 10 times better than La Sombra...La Sombra should not be in the NT any longer. He screws up all the time. I also see people saying Cevallos did a horrible job. If you ask me, he had an acceptable performance...you can't blame Cevallos for the countless errors that La Sombra committs every damn game he plays. He sucks!! And now what do we have?? An old ass Fleitas & Hurtado and an insecure Jorge Guagua?? Not good what so ever....I'm amazed at how Vizuete did not call Jairo Campos up when obviously hes the best defender in the local tournament.

And for other people who keep on naming "saviors" saying Kaviedes, Luis Bolanos, Guerron, Urrutia, Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy should be in our NT....They are NOT IN SHAPE AT ALL to be part of our NT at this moment.

This loss against Colombia was Palacios fault...Vizuete's fault...and La Sombra's fault.

It's that simple and plain.

13. jinks

jinks New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    London, England
    Colombia is not great but I am worried about Ecuadors future. Most of your guys are in their 30s. Incredible talent like Valencia and that young kid on the wing are crazy talented and need to be the way forward. The defence is your main problem but I can see you lot beating Bolivia.

14. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

trust me my friend, this is the LAST qualifiers that Hurtado and Espinoza are going to play, they should have left with glory instead of continuing to cost us games. Luckily Ecuador has A BUNCH of young blood with loads of talent ready to take their place and prove that they deserve the place over the next guy.

Montero, D. Mendez, Rojas, Guerrero are a few. Of course our young guys now Valencia and Benitez are secure, Caicedo is another. We got a few other notable players in the local league. I can't wait to see them shine very soon!

15. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Guys, we beat Bolivia two times in a row now in La Paz. We scored seven goals on them one their turf. It ain't gonna be a case like Colombia where we haven't beaten them in decades.

b9d, it's nice to see that you're not ripping on Benitez anymore. But pobre la sombra is getting a real beating from you now.. :rolleyes:

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Yeah...but El Tin scored twice on them last time around when we won 2-1. There's nobody to carry the team on their shoulder like he used to. :(

To be 100% honest, I would like to see if Guerron can be called in given we have lost forwards. He can play as a supporting forward on the right side. Our big weakness right now is up front, we need somebody to create space for Benitez, otherwise he will struggle all by himself against the defense.

We're not totally eliminated if we don't win this game...but if we don't, we continue to have to rely on favorable results from other games. Yesterday, fortunately, almost ALL the other games went our way. Like CRE Satelital said "Todos jugaron por Ecuador menos Ecuador".

If we win, we put ourselves in the driver's seat against Uruguay in October, they will have to come out and beat us in Quito, and we can manage that game. If we lose or tie and they win against Colombia, they will play with 2 goalkeepers and 9 defenders against us in Quito.

The wild card is Argentina. I honestly didn't think they'd lose yesterday. We need to hope to death that Argentina is not qualified by the time they play Uruguay. So we have to cheer for Paraguay on Wednesday, because next game they are at home against Peru which is probably the easiest of all matches.

It's too complicated right now - even Venezuela has 2 home games left, against Peru and a probably qualified Paraguay(!), so they could realistically reach 24 points, which is probably what the 5th place team will end up with, then it might come down to goal difference which was why I was more devastated by the 2nd goal yesterday than the first!

17. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I liked the way montero created a few chances when they put him at the end. I say start him.

18. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Do you guys still have faith?:(

19. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    The guys in their 30's are from the defense and behind, reasco, espinoza, hurtado, and cevallos are all out after this cycle, and if we don't win in bolivia I think the re-construction era should begin, Folleco should be called up as well as campos, but the rest for the other two I can't say.

Ayovi- 29 and Mendez- 29 should be the oldest players we keep.

Oh com'on 'fitness' my a$$... Castillo was vacationing all over europe, palacios was sitting on a bench, tenorio was injured, espinoza only played one game, benitez came from playing 15 minutes here, 20 minutes there I think guerrero has played the same amount of minutes as benitez in the England.
    Guerron has at least been training, as for castillo un titular indescutible I can't say the same.

20. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    We nationalized the Tooth Fairy??:D

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Whether Guerron has been training or not, does he really make a difference in our NT?? Nope. Does Giovanni Esinpoza?? Nope. Does Cristian Benitez?? Nope.

22. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Lmao.
    Maybe we should line up b9d23m89 as a 10 against bolivia.

You're so negative lol. If ecuador losses, we better put b9d23m89 on suicide watch.

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    you can only take so much bs from these players who are considered "titulares" but who don't deserve their spot anymore. La Sombra commits the same mistakes over and over which costs us games. It's a miracle we're even in 6th place right now with the million stupidities this player commits every game. He even almost scored an own goal...I don't think that deserves an applause.

Ivan Hurtado is slow as hell now, but I'd take him any damn day over Giovanni Espinoza. It's ridiculous how much la sombra sucks now...that spot belong to Jairo Campos, but like they say some players just "tienen el puesto comprado".

24. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Wait a minute?? why is Espinoza suspended for this game? and Mendez?? are you guys sure???? I thought it was only Palacios and Neicer that couldn't play for the Bolivia game??
    anyway, I didn' think that Espinoza sucked yesterday I mean he singlehandedly took out every highball and corner kick that went to our area, In my humble opinion the reason we lost yesterday was that Neicer and Walter did't come back soon enough, i mean when Gio Moreno flew past by Sombra that was Walter's zone that he came through, I insist in this, Ayovi is not a defender all is life he's been a mid. It's useless to start playing the blaming game but I insist that the team did not play bad yesterday, up until the 80th minute we had them cursing at each other, it was a tough loss, but I feel confident that we'll bounce back with Bolivia on Wednesday.

25. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Nos metieron los goles cuando Vizuete hizo unos cambios al final del partido?:rolleyes:

Didn't this happen like 3 times already?