Bolivia Football Expert

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by soccersubjectively, Jun 6, 2012.

1. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey sorry I don't belong in these parts but I'm looking for 1-3 experts on Bolivia's current football team AND that are active on BigSoccer. They need to be knowledgeable of the team, fair, and just. I'm doing a little bit of a project at the moment and would appreciate any help I could get. Thanks in advance!

2. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Come on guys! Show this guy some Bolivian love! I myself am not so up to date with Bolivian soccer but surely there are more than one connosieurs in here!!! Bolivianfuego???

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  4. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm down, I have nothing better to do then watch Bolivian soccer how exciting is my life. LOL.. What do you need @soccersubjectively???

5. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This is the first time I am seeing this thread. I think i can definitely be of help. I like to stay in touch with Bolivia through futbol.

6. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  7. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I need to be compensated for my extensive knowledge of all things futbol.

Sell me.

GO!

8. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ...and I am sure you will want to get paid in saltenias.

9. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Oh gawd, it's lunch time, I'm starving and I'd just about kill a thousand kittens for a wonderful delicious saltena, damn you Marco.

PS - seems like el gringo is el fake-o with his proposition-o
    Senor gringo................I am disappoint.

10. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah. Sorry to keep yall hanging. That was not my intention.

This is probably the most excited response I've gotten so far (I've posted on a lot of forums). Bosnia is a close second, surprisingly enough.

I'm trying to put together some world rankings. The idea is to rate every team's player's 1-100 with an expert for every team to give a fair and just review of the their respective team. Obviously whoever shows up here would just cover Bolivia. (The more opinions the better!)

Here's how I would compile the ratings. If the World Cup was in one month and every team had a month to prepare it's squad to play, who would be chosen, what would their ratings be, and how many minutes would they play on average? (This is who you would expect to see, not who you'd want to see.) For example, this is what USA's squad would look like, in my opinion:

81 - Howard (GK) 90 mins
    73 - Cherundolo (RB) 70 mins
    71.5 - Bocanegra (CB) 85 mins
    69.5 - Goodson (CB) 70 mins
    72.5 - Johnson (LB) 80 mins
    74.5 - Bradley (CDM) 90 mins
    76.5 - Jones (CDM) 80 mins
    70 - Torres (CM) 60 mins
    82 - Dempsey (LW) 90 mins
    80.5 - Donovan (RW) 90 mins
    74 - Altidore (ST) 75 mins

71.5 - Chandler (RB) 15 mins
    70.5 - Lichaj (RB) 5 mins
    69 - Parkhurst (CB/RB) 5 mins
    68 - Onyewu (CB) 13 mins
    69 - Cameron (CB) 7 mins
    69.5 - Castillo (LB) 10 mins
    69.5 - Edu (CM) 15 mins
    70.5 - Beckerman (CM) 10 mins
    68 - Boyd (ST) 3 mins
    70 - Gomez (ST) 25 mins
    68 - Wondolowski (ST) 2 mins

I gave Howard a 81 rating and expect him to play 90 minutes, every minute, while Goodson is expected to play only 70 minutes as the CB spot is still pretty open for the US. He would start three games out of four, which averages out to be 70 minutes. Not that he's just getting subbed every game.

This is what I have for Bolivia's current squad, based off FIFA 12's ratings:

74 - Galarza (GK) 90 mins
    65 - Vargas (RB) 90 mins
    65 - Rivero (RCB) 90 mins
    73 - Raldes (LCB) 90 mins
    71 - Gutierrez (LB) 90 mins
    70 - Cardozo (RM) 90 mins
    69 - Flores (RCM) 90 mins
    65 - Vaca (LCM) 90 mins
    74 - Robles (LM) 90 mins
    64 - Escobar (RS) 90 mins
    72 - Moreno (LS) 90 mins

So what needs to change? Are players ratings too high/low? Would you expect a sub to come in and, on average, how long would he play?

You have to factor in long term injuries but current fitness issues you could likely ignore. For example, Stuart Holden will likely make the actual World Cup squad but for now I have to keep him off as he is recovering from a massive knee injury.

This is a big work in progress but here is the "current" overall rankings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AttujdNBdATWdHI3WVRSM2xDaWcycnZwbnFKTFRoS0E&output=html

I realize this is a big overtaking and should be taken with a grain of salt AND that there's no "correct" answer but I thought it'd still be interesting to compile. If you have any questions let me know. Thanks in advance!