Boliva in Copa Libertadores 2007

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by HeartandSoul, Apr 9, 2007.

1. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Real Potosi has to have the better position in trying to advance past the 1st round

2. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC

We need players like KAKA and DIARRIA in our team to advance...... I think they would fit pretty well.

3. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's going to be a while before Bolivia produces a quality team for Libertadores. The teams are just too unstable and players are doing everything they can to get a better deal in a new team. Last years champ is this years bottom dweller.

4. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    deejay nailed it right on the head....there is WAY too much inconsistency on the teams right now. Look where Bolivar is right now in the standings....ouch:eek:

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

$$$$

They all go into the wrong pockets :mad:

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hey guys. Ciongrats on the new forum :) I hope Potosi beats Parana and makes the 2nd spot a bit interesting.

7. Zinha87

Zinha87 New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Toluca 5 Bolivar 1

Si eaue toluca no se confia

8. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ever since I can remember I hear players griping about the money their team owes them. Now that the new laws allow players to switch easier maybe the teams will finally act more responsibly.

9. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    :eek: Our first troll!

:p Who would've guessed it would be from Toluca!

10. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wilstermann has been killing it in Bolivia for the past year... but I dont know if they are prepared to play against other teams from South America...

11. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Let me teach everyone a trick when you get a mexican fan talking shit about thier club or national team all you got say is who's your "daddy"? and when they look at you confused and upset remind then kindly that USA has beaten the snot out of mexico for the last eight years and untill Mexico can beat the US they have no room to talk. NONE. Thier suppose to be the best team in CONCAF, they can't even beat a team that untill 1994 had no real soccer program established.. jajajaja jajajaja

12. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Had to be Mexican, though! :D

Metro

13. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Maybe he forgot Toluca lost to Bolivar AT HOME? :confused:

14. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Bolivar shouldn't be doing this bad. This is just bad management. I feel real bad for Baldivieso. Didn't he want to retire there? Bad timing for the dude.

I seriously think both our teams in the tournament are going to be eliminated. I don't see how they will progress. Potosi doesn't have the speed, and Boliviar is just bad chemistry. I can't believe our National Team Pool doesn't have one player in Bolivar. Funny.

15. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I was saying the same thing, its a first time in a lonnnnnnnnnnng time Bolivar doesnt have a player in the National Team Pool, i remember a couple years back there were like 6 or 7 players from Bolivar on the National Team. This could either be good or bad, but i take it as a good thing.

Potosi plays tonight, if they win any chances Flamengo will let us slide with a tie in Brasil so we can elimanate Parana?

Bolivar... i wouldnt be surprised if they blow it in La Paz.. tucho antelo quit.. and they are awaiting the arrive of some other kat.

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Congrats on the win tonight, which I predicted in Sabio :)

About Flamengo sliding, I really doubt it because we are trying to get the best position among the 1st place teams so we can have home field advantage and hopefully a weak opponent for the 2nd round.

17. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Para Bolivar contra Toluca....

Julio Cesar Baldivieso se presentara pero Daner Pachi no aparece.

18. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, word was that Pachi is giving bolivar the cold shoulder as they cockblocked his efferts of going to wilsterman, demanding that they pay them for as much as they spent on him over the years deveolpoing him.

Right now bolivar is a broken team, Baldivieso doesnt help as i also read he has a bad influence on the players. Seems though that Antelo was the problem(hopefully) now that he's gone The Celeste will be back at where they belong, ON TOP OF THINGS!

But pachi should smarten up and play, because how else is he going to be noticed and picked up? He's like 23 or 24, he shouldnt play with time like that, Even though they owe him money. Rock toluca bad, then maybe get picked up by a mexican squad... thats how i see it.

Anyone notice that real potosi's damn good 3-1 was mostly due to Gatty Ribeiro's crosses and play? An ex bolivarista, same goes with Colque... both good technically sound players gone due to problems in bolivar.

They need to get their shit together, or else i better get my boots ready and take limberg gutierrez's place. LOL

19. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    tough decision for pachi to make... on the one hand he could stay with boliviar and not get paid what he deserves on the other hand Bolivia doesnt want to let him go to Wilstermann......... tough to be in his spot.

i just hope Bolivar doesnt mess up on thursday

20. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    You know, this is the only player I thought Bolivar should most definantlly get rid of. I mean, the dude is slow, poses no physical threat, and often makes bad runs. I mean, he really sucks. I admit he has a good touch, and passes very well, but he does nothing for the team in the international game. On the field, he is a huge liability.

Plus, the dude needs a hair cut.

21. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'd disagree, hes had better times, as i rmeember him when he was younger playing much better than now, but i can say he's better than you think IMO.

22. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Potosi 3 parana 2
    I thought that even though they didn't convince me in the first half with their play. In the second half you could see what the scheme was and I totaly loved it. I think that as a bolivian team Potosi should always play like that especialy at home. And when I say like that I mean is with the ball on the ground and with quick touches not to much long balls. Its good because bolivians aren't really know for physical attributes "height" so with the ball on the ground controlling the pace of the game and haveing the opponent tire out by chasing the ball around its a winning combination especially at 4,000 meters above sea level. So overall I give them an 8. I hope they got something up their sleeves for the game in brazil :eek:

23. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    sorry potosi 3 parana 1

24. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Yeah, he does well in League games, but he's just really bad when physical attributes are a factor. His speed hurts him, and the cut backs that would normally work against smaller players just don't work against international competition.

He is a product of someone drinking coca cola all his life. Caffine is hurting our people.

25. Zinha87

Zinha87 New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Si toluca perdio contra bolivar en casa, por que se confiaron y menospreciaron al rival, pero como dijo si respetamos al rival y no nos confiamos podemos darles una goleada como lo hizo cienciano, y mas por que el toluca no la hizo en el torneo mexicano(esta en los ultimos lugares)
    entonces ira con todo por la libertadores