"Bocanegra Horror Foul" - Fan's views on Skysports.com

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by GRUNT, Mar 12, 2004.

1. SamsArmySam

SamsArmySam Member+

Apr 13, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    Craig Demin on Josh Wolff's ankle. Didn't look that ugly at the time, first but it sure did the damage.

2. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Being a Villa fan I thought he should have been done for GBH. Since that foul I`ve regarded him has a common thug and can`t see his name written down without seeing it as Carlos Break-your-legra. He plays next week, Delaney, maybe next month but likely next season. That was America`s sole meaningfull contibution to this EPL season, except for a couple of Tim Howard saves and Kasey Keller non-saves.

3. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    An hour, and nobody`s risen to the bait, are you all hylian loach impersonators?

4. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Between posts I watched Futurama (it was the one where Bender became a God to little people living on him and his ass). And it made me think that most of the Yank contributors to the Yanks abroard pages fall into two categories: Fry and Benders. The Fry`s are dim, slow but affable types whilst the Benders are Psycotic, angry, hate filled types.
    BTW, thats my sinking lure. Loaches the lot of you.

5. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not even a nibble...

what a desperate little troll.

6. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brilliant!

7. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Congratulations footfetish, you`re both Fry and Bender rolled into one. But then so is Dubya, so you`re in good company.

8. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I'd get worked up but I don't know what a loach is. Guess that makes me a Fry...

Two months Bender...

9. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...but an honest and forthright troll.

10. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Boca got all ball.

11. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    even if he did, he probably would have still be sent off.

The FA are trying to clamp down on wild 2 footed lunges.

12. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Leonardo never intended to harm Tab, unfortunately he tried to shrug him off by throwing his elbow, obviously it was a bad choice. But it wasn't an attempt to hurt him it was the frustration of an inexperienced player dealing with a situation the wrong way.

Of course, for the purposes of this thread there's a big difference between an actual tackle and headbutts/elbows etc whether intentional or not.

13. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And being a retaliation, it was also a foul, hence the red card. But you knew that.

14. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    It`s a fish, lives in the mud at the bottom of a lake and rarely rises to the surface.

Who was it who said he (Carlos the Jackass) got the ball? I`m being a Loach to that bait.

Oh and Leonardo on Ramos, a poor choice when trying to shrug him off? What was it, `let see shrug him off or cave in his skull, shrug him off or cave in his skull, a or b, a or b, I think I`ll go for........paramedics please, for this cross-eyed guy on the floor, foaming and making gurgling sounds`. Did the ref really book Ramos?

15. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Yes, Ramos got a yellow card for his original foul, i.e.the shirt pulling. But the ref did have the decency to wait until Ramos was on the stretcher before showing him the card :)

16. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    That`s incredible. I don`t remember that bit, I can recall the elbow clearly, even though it`s about 10 years now since that game. I can still picture Ramos lying on the groung with an arm stuck up wierdly, thinking, he`s in a bad way. Ref must have been mad to book him on the stretcher.

17. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Re: Re: Bocanegra Horror Foul!!! Worst Tackle Ever?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With time comes perspective and with perspective comes wisdom. :)

18. eamonmcg

eamonmcg New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Rhode Island
    Boca Tackle Video?

anyone have a video of the bocanegra horror tackle?, I would really like to see "the worst tackle of all time".

19. Jerlon

Jerlon Member

Aug 29, 2001
    Western NY
    If you want to see the worst tackle of all time this wouldn't be the one. Try the cantona flying drop kick or the tackle stoichkov (?) broke that kids leg in a meaningless pre-season game last year.

20. eamonmcg

eamonmcg New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Rhode Island
    that's what it was called by the folks at the BBC called it, and I wanna see it badly.

21. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know, I'm also interested. The descriptions of the tackle were not satisfying.

22. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    It was Sky who called it the horror foul, but did not say it was the worst of all time, to my knowledge.

Threads merged.

23. Tony Cheval

Tony Cheval New Member

Mar 17, 2000
    Colorado
    Nah, if you want to see the worst tackle of all time, go find the one that did Joe Theismann...

....hey, you didn't say what kind of tackle. :D