Boca vs Cienciano 4-4-07

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by argentine soccer fan, Apr 2, 2007.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    http://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportiva/nota.asp?nota_id=896483&origen=relacionadas

no serán convocados para jugar en los 3400 metros de Cuzco Rodrigo Palacio, Juan Román Riquelme, Martín Palermo, Hugo Ibarra y Neri Cardozo. Y Ever Banega terminó con una molestia muscular.

¿Un probable equipo? Caranta; Clemente Rodríguez, Maidana,

Daniel Díaz y Morel Rodríguez (no podrá jugar ante Vélez porque acumuló la quinta tarjeta amarilla); Pablo Ledesma, Orteman, Battaglia y Dátolo; Marcos Mondaini y Boselli o Marioni.

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What do you guys think? I think Boca will win and all, but if you lose you will be left in an uncomfortable position. The group looks like this at the moment:

1) Boca: 7
    2) Toluca: 6
    3) Cienciano: 6
    4) Bolivar: 4

If Cienciano beats Boca, and Toluca beats Bolivar, the Peruvians and the Mexicans will lead the group with 9, and Boca will follow with 7.

You guys could still qualify, by beating Bolivar in Argentina and expecting someone to take the three points in the match between Toluca and Cienciano. But if they tie, it would all depend on the goal difference you all end with, and it could end up leaving you guys out. And if Boca ties or loses to Bolivar, then you'd be out automatically.

It is good for the team to have rest for the Clausura, but it could also hurt you in the Libertadores. Opinions?

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would rather see Riquelme, Palermo and Palacio play every match, but I know it's unrealistic and hopefully the coach knows what he's doing.

But this is a tough game in the altitude, and even a draw leaves us with the need to win the last match, depending on the other results.

So, this group is up for grabs. Boca should beat Bolivar at home, but anything can happen on a given match. Given the way we played Cienciano in Buenos Aires, missing so many chances and only scoring at the end, who knows?

4. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Ole says that Neri will be on the team and that Russo still hasn't said if he'll rest Banega or Ledesma.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2007/04/02/um/01392511.html

This is the probable team:

Caranta; Clemente Rodríguez, Maidana, Díaz y Morel; Orteman, Battaglia, Ledesma o Banega, Cardozo; Boselli y Marioni.

5. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Banega o Ledesma, la duda para ir a Perú

Miguel Russo inició la rotación para jugar mañana ante Cienciano en la altura de Cusco por la Copa y reserva a varios para el choque con Vélez.

More...

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    un empate de Boca y un triunfo de bolivar de local

pondria este grp muy lindo y apretado!:)

toluca viene de cambiar un resultado de 2-0 a favor en primer tiempo por un 4-2 en contra. Vs potros de atlante

7. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    I think it is a good idea to leave some players back in Bs As. The game at Bolivar and at Toluca were 2 extremes ... against Bolivar we found a team that hadn't played any competitive matches yet (reason why Boca looked so much faster) ... the game against Toluca would had been a lot more even had Cata not been so foolish.

Cienciano are a tuff team at home, and the fans are pretty aggressive (read throw shit to the field) ...

The last game against Bolivar at home will be enuff to go thru. But that doesn't mean Boca can't bring points back from Cuzco.

IMO, the game against Velez is a lot more important than the one in Cuzco. In this coming round, San Lorenzo should drop some points against Estudiantes. Boca needs to win at Velez to keep up the pressure on San Lorenzo. And needs the key players as fit as possible for the home game against the gallinas.

8. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Starting 11 tomorrow:

Caranta; Díaz, Morel, Maidana y Clemente Rodríguez; Battaglia, Ledesma, Orteman y Cardozo; Boselli y Marioni.

9. soybostero

soybostero Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Miami
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

marioni !??! ************ y palacios?

10. smd9

smd9 Guest

Let's give Marioni another chance, btw Palacios just came off an injury.:cool:

11. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I'm guessing Russo is playing for a tie here. The midfield is extremely defensive.

12. maxpepper

maxpepper Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    neri sent off, 1st half still

:mad:

13. soybostero

soybostero Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Miami
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    that 2nd yellow was ridiculous! These f'ing refs need to be more consistent...

14. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, this is my first post in the Boca forum. Since watching Argentinian league highlights for a year and visiting La Bombanera in July 06 I've been interested in the team.

Finally a Boca game is on TV here, so I am watching! Obviously I don't know too much, and I can't follow much of the news on here because I don't understand Spanish.:eek:

Its half time now...may I ask some beginner's questions...where is Riquelme and Palermo...and where has Palacio been?

15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Daaallle loko!! El unico realmente bueno que termino jugando.. Vamo' Cienciano todavia, que se puede!!

ja.. Just playing with you guys.. I still see you guys with good possibilities of taking the three points. How have you guys been playing so far? How about Cienciano?

16. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Riquelme, Palacio, Palermo, all stayed in Buenos Aires to rest for this weekend's important match against Velez.

17. maxpepper

maxpepper Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Boca is playing vs Cienciano in the Libertadores (south american champions league)

And since they are playing 3000 + meters high, they are resting Palermo , Palacio, Banega and Riquelme.
    Also the comming games are very important for Boca, 1st vs Velez (la volpe hijo de puuu) and 2nd vs River (cluck, cluck)

Locoxriver, I've always enjoyed your words of encouragement, rock on :rolleyes:

dale bo

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I know.. I love you too. :rolleyes:

But seriously, does anyone have an answer to my question?

Hmm, are you sure? I'm not watching the match, but Ole says exactly the opposite:

19. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok guys, thanks a lot for clearing that up and being patient...I'll be doing a bit more reading up in the next few days.

From what I've seen, the game has been pretty scrappy. No real chances have gone to either side and I'm sure playin at that altitude is tough for the Boca players, especially now with only 10 men on the field.

20. Pecho Frio

Pecho Frio New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Ali Sami Yen
    the stupidest red card ive ever seen :D how stupid is Cardozo? What he did, a 11 y old does not do.

anyway, the second half is about to begin; De la HAza of Cienciano seems like a fine player, but their best striker was substituted due to injury. I expect a bore 0-0 draw.

21. bustos21

bustos21 Member

Aug 13, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    these announcers are annoying. have to watch the game on mute.

that red card was horse shit/

22. Pecho Frio

Pecho Frio New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Ali Sami Yen
    well-deserved red card, even the radiomitre comentators say how childish Nery was.

23. Pecho Frio

Pecho Frio New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Ali Sami Yen
    Gooooooool Juan D. González Vigil 1-0

Assist by De la Haza ;)

24. Pecho Frio

Pecho Frio New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Ali Sami Yen
    Gooooooooooool Miguel Mostto 2-0

Assist by Vigil

25. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Hey Pecho Frio care to get the fuk outta here?