Boca v. Newell's April 19th [R]

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by bosterosoy, Apr 19, 2008.

1. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Boca plays Newell's today and the trident of Riquelme/Palacio/Palermo will be back. Riquelme will play at least a half, which must mean he's 100% or else I don't think Ischia would risk it.

Left Back Luis Ibanez will be making his debut en Primera for Boca as Monzon will be rested and Morel is still injured. He is 19 and hopefully will have a good start to his professional career. Migliore will be in net, Roncaglia, Maidana and Caceres are the other three defenders, Chavez, Vargas and Cardozo are the midfielders.

Vamos Boca!

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So it would be something like this:

................Migliore
    Maidana...Caceres..Roncaglia..Ibanez
    .................Vargas
    .........Chavez........Cardozo
    ...............Riquelme
    .....Palacio.....Palermo

It's kind of a makeshift defence. Can Ibanez step up? Hopefully Caceres will have a strong game, he's the veteran in that group. In midfield, can Chavez play on the right, or would it be Vargas on the right and Chavez in the middle?

I wonder if Ischia is resting Datolo for Maracaibo, or if he's giving Cardozo the chance. And I imagine Roman will only play a limited time.

It's going to be a tough match, Newells is improving this year. But even with the kids we should win.

We have to win. The gayinas are finally clicking, and we need to keep the pressure, so we can beat them in the clasico and then they will start chocking.

VAMOS BOCA!!!

3. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    the problem I have is that newell's has some big hitters in the back and hopefully nothing happens to Riquelme

4. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At long last it's the return of Romy. I'm curious to see how he comes out and just as importantly how does the line-up gel around him. I'm also interested to see how Chavez plays off of him. I've enjoyed what little I've seen of Chavez and think he could be a top-shelf player for us. Also does anyone know where to get the live stream of this match? I've got a couple of options but would prefer a definite. Saludos.

M

5. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
  6. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
  7. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    palermo no te vayas nunca

8. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A win is a win but I've got mixed reviews on the teams performance. Riquelme took a bit to get going but once he did he seemed fit and comfortable. Cardozo, well let's just say you can substitute all the stuff I said about Datolo with Neri's name. He just has his head up his ass I guess. Nice gols by RoPa and Palermo and also solid matches from Vargas and Caceras. Chavez was okay and I hope Ibanez is going to be fine.

Next up the do or die. Dale BOCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Holy shit Palacio!! I haven't seen Palacio play this well since 05/06. He scored a great goal, was taking on players, wreaking havoc all game long, set up other players perfectly that had they finished we could have easily won by more, and he almost scored the goal of the season with the shot that eventually led to Palermo's goal.