Boca,Mcbride,Friedel:Fulham vs. Blackburn 11/27 (R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Fulhamfc3, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Sell Radz please Coleman sell please.He has missed 3 wonderful chances in the past 3 matches you cant do that as a forward.Bouba Diop is a good player he can play at this level hes strong and somehwat fast and can pass the ball it was just a bad match.The real problem in Midfield is PEMBRIDGE. Why does he start no better yet why does he even play? This guy makes horrible passes every single match he simply cannot pass. He is our worst midfielder. When Boca played in the center against LFC he had a good match he should stay there. Knight is horrible he cant run at all he cannot pass at all and the only real threat he has is on set pieces and even then he cant score.BOCA SUCKED. He was like he smoked some before the match. I mean he didnt run after balls when someone made a bad pass and he knew a player was chasing the ball he still walked to the ball and he made some horrible passes. No one can blame Cole. Cole had to make chances for himself he had no help until Mcbride came into the match. The midfield made horrible pass after horrible pass and all Cole could do was try and outrun 3 defenders and hope to get to the ball and make something for himself.

A question? Alright how can I get into a league in England like not Championship but, like Conference North or something do they have open try outs or something like that. Thanks for any help.

2. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Coleman was way way too nice after the match heres what i say if im a manager.

The reporter says what do you think about Boca. I say. Boca calls himself a player HAHAHA thats the funniest thing i heard all year he cant play at Conference North level.

R-What about those rumours about Malbranque going to another club?

ME-Please Please someone take him for free. You can have him i dont care i feel sorry for any team that buys him even if it is for free.

R-What about that missed chance by Radz in the first half.

ME-Radz is the aboslute worst forward in Fulhams 125 year history. How did i buy him he missed 2 chances last week and missed 1 chance this week why do i start him?He couldnt make Thurrocks team.

R- What about the Midfield?

ME- The Midfield plays like S***. They suck.

R- Anyone your going after in January?

ME-Yea a whole new team.No really im looking at Tim Howard maybe get Ryan Nelsen from DC freedom or whatever. Theres some kid in Dallas that has scored 5 in 3 matches for the USA maybe him. Jason Roberts has done well in Championship. Thomas Graveson hes done really well for Everton. Can anyone else help this poor team and come up with some names(Serious any rumours out there thanks).

3. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would think that the following quotes:

"If I had a brand new set of eleven players I would play them, the eleven that were there didn't produce right through, its as simple as that." (From the post game press conference after the Middlesbrough game)

-And-

“I was looking to bring in 1 or 2 in January, but maybe that's 3 or 4 now, to be honest with you." (From after todays match, when asked how he planned to recover the squad to improve their place in the prem)

Say pretty much what you just said.

...albeit in less specifics, and less words. :)

-----

Even though I had originally thought his public lashing of the players was a good move and completely called for when he was doing it...my opinion is slowly changing. I wasn't aware that he had made these kind of post-match attacks a regular thing over the past few games. Now, the more i look at those quotes, the more i wonder whether it's doing more harm than good.

He's had his go at his players a few times, and they still haven't produced. It would seem to me that continuing to ridicule their performance wouldn't exactly be the best way to raise their confidence and get them playing well again.

But, then again, it may. You never know. Next week's game at Norwich is shaping up to be a good one.

4. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    I agree with the general consensus that Boca had a poor game -- got beat to the endline and gave up the cross that led to the first goal, and seemed to give up crosses all night.

Friedel made a spectacular diving save at full extension on Cole in the second half, but other than that, he wasn't really tested. I was actually kind of surprised that FSW named him man of the match -- his one save on Cole was world class, to be sure, but aside from that, I didn't think he had the opportunity to distinguish himself.

I thought McBride had a nice game -- he won a lot of balls in the air, and Fulham looked much more dangerous to me after McBride came on the pitch. I thought he and Cole actually looked pretty good together.

5. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    The reason why Coleman always talks about his team in a bad way is because they play like the U-9 US nat team. I mean that 2nd half against LFC was horrible. This match the worst all year. Palace a disgrace. Villa a little better but, By Fulhams standard a little better is bottom table team. With this team they should be at least #8. They have a possible UEFA Cup team and they are playing like a Championship team.I will say that Fulham are gonna explode sometime and get some confidence i mean this team cannot go down. Fulham have a ok schedule in December Arsenal Man Utd Charlton Norwich and Birmingham. I'm gonna go on the record and say 8 points is possible with MAYBE 10 points.

6. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    I noticed this problem not just in this match, but also in most televised Fulham matches this season. The central defenders had to slide over to cover for Boca in way too many occasions. I really don't know whether it was Coleman who told Boca to play so high.

7. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the way Fulham were playing on Saturday, I'd prefer the u-9's. :)