Boca Juniors vs Nacional de Montevideo, March 7 (r)

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by argentine soccer fan, Mar 5, 2013.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Two of the traditional giants of South American and world football meet at La Bombonera in a key group match. Needless to say, we simply have to win.
    [​IMG] VS [​IMG]

Thursday March 7
    21:30 (Hora Argentina)
    Stadium: Alberto J Armando (La Bombonera)
    Ref: Carlos Amarilla (Paraguay)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGUANTE BOCA!!!

2. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Weve got this one in the bag already, the ref is from paraguay like all of us boca fans:p

Or so say some people from the b.

Moishe repped this.
  3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This particular Paraguayan hasn't always been kind to Boca, if I recall correctly.

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So, based on the way Bianchi's been conducting practice, we can make an educated guess about the starters.

Looks like Sosa will replace Albin at fullback, and frankly he can't possibly be any worse. In central defense, Chiqui returns in place of Caruzzo, and that should also be an upgrade. In midfield, we have Ribair for Ledesma alongside Erbes and Erviti, which should make it a more defensive minded formation. Riquelme has been practicing well and will probably play. Up front it will be Burrito and Viatri.

Here is the likely formation: (4-3-1-2):

[​IMG]

VAMOS BOCA A GANAR!!!!!

5. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I actually like this line-up, though when JSM returns I'd definitely prefer to see him in there. Burdisso needs to really up his game as he's been dreadful aside from his two goal outburst in what seems like a lifetime ago already. Albin has been a bust so Sosa really is an improvement. Clemente hasn't been horrible but he also hasn't been Clemente. Ribair could be the wild card.

The tridente up top could work a lot better than having Silva upfront.

Lastly it's nice to see my nickname for Roman stick, it's a natural fit!

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Absolutely.

So, Barcelona and Toluca played to a draw in Mexico last night. That means first place in the group is out there for the taking if Boca beats Nacional at home tonight.

7. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Why not play Ribair in place of Erbes? Aside from a couple of occasions here and there, I've liked Ribair when he's in there. Erbes? Not so much.
    It's scary to say, but Burdisso has been worse than Carruzo since the first match. I really believe that Burdisso has no place in that lineup, especially due to the fact that Bianchi seems so prone to experimenting. Burdisso has been the biggest culprit on most of the goals this team has given up. I understand not giving up on him completely, but he needs to sit.
    Clemente has been another major problem, to me. He's still putting forth the effort, but you can tell he's dropped a few rungs in the athletic department. He's been much too clumsy in his challenges in our box, and of course, the moment he gets into the opponent's final third, he seems to lose contact with his brain. Once Shanchez Mino comes back, I would look for him to take over there.
    I guess there are some concerns about Ervitti playing with Roman. I have no such concerns. I think they complement each other quite nicely, even though Roman negates him a bit offensively.
    What I'm real excited about is the pairing of the Don with Martinez. There lies the real key to this team, in my opinion. If they can combine well, I think that can carry us over the major hurdle that is the defense.

8. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    1-0 Nacional after around 30 minutes.We are actually playing decently we just need a goal!

9. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Great play by martinez, we really dont deserve to be losing this.

Im confident we can turn it around in the second half

10. el-torero

el-torero Member

Aug 10, 2011
    malaysia
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    roman play superb or average?

11. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We are cursed.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  12. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Racing 1-2
    River 0-2
    River 0-0
    River 1-2
    Quilmes 3-2
    Toluca 1-2
    All boys 0-2
    Union 1-3
    Nacional 0-1

These are the games ive watched this year.... Im tearing my hair out. Its going get better at some point, we seem to be heading in the right direction but ive got the feeling well be out of the copa and at the wrong end of the league by the time we are back on form :(

RiverGaucho repped this.
  13. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    That was a tough loss.We played more fluently than recent game,dominated possesion but could not find a way through.Have to say I was unimpressed with Viatri again.I called for him to take Silvas spot a few weeks back but he is not taking his chance. I did like Ribair I think he will do well for us.
    Some big performances needed on the road now