Boca Juniors vs Corinthians, May 1 (r)

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by argentine soccer fan, Apr 30, 2013.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]VS [​IMG]

Wednesday May 1
    21:50 (Hora Argentina)
    Stadium: Boca Juniors
    Ref: Enrique Osse (Chile)

The replay of last year's final, and the ref is the same as last year at La Bombonera.

[​IMG]
    VAMOS BOCA POR LA COPA!!!

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Riquelme is in doubt. He says he really wants to play but is anxiously waiting for the doctor's permission. If he cannot make it then Sanchez Miño will play enganche. Paredes is also back and available. The defense is the problem, still looks like a make-shift defense. Hopefully they'll step up. This game is a must win, it's basically the season on the line.

Possible starters:

[​IMG]

VAMOS BOCA HAY QUE GANAR CARAJO!!!

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The latest is that Riquelme apparently won't be able to play.

4. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well guys this is it...

This is where dreams are made, everything points to corinthians wiping the floor with us, but this is boca and banchi, anything is possible.

Im expecting a defeat, but im keeping everything crossed and getting all my lucky charms out tonight:) whilst im not overly confident, we gotta wake up at some point and start performing, and this might just be the game.

I think its a good thing that roman doesnt play, we need pacier players tonight and i think sanchez mino will do a good job tonight. Hopfully hell be fit and ready to play against the team from the B on sunday

Im going to bed soon and gonna set my alarm for 0130 and then stay up and go to work after the game, im nervous as hell.

5. RacingGirl

RacingGirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 8, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good luck today bosteros.

Siempre_Albiceleste repped this.
  6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks, Racing Girl!

I see Messi is not playing for Barca right now. If Messi doesn't play and Riquelme doesn't play, it's going to be a sad, sad day for football. :(

7. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    What will we get from our beloved Boca? I know things look bleak, but this team has got to start showing something at some point. Why not tonight???? Why not?
    My 2 year old already got her Boca chants going. She knows it's a big night. Let the boys get this done and get the ball rolling.

8. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well, it will be a challenge.

also Id say this puts Riquelme in serious doubt for sunday, no? if he cant play today when if it were even the slightest bit possible to play he would a few more days isnt going to make much difference.

9. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Half an hour in and not much happening in front of goal for either side.Few half chances but nothing more.Vamos Boca!

10. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    GRANDE BOCA!!!!
    Aside from the positive result, this was a performance to feel good about. This team showed a lot of character by going after it with energy and intensity and they earned a win. Lots of work still to do in Brazil, but either way it turns out, we can be proud of this first leg.
    Major thanks to the left post for its important save.

RIQUELME10 repped this.
  11. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Agreed.It was not a free flowing display of football but at last we saw a Boca that worked hard,defended with determination and earned the bit of luck we had with that shot off the post.Gave ourselves a chance of advancinga against a strong Corinthians side.

12. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ¡Grande Boca! The passion came back with that win. I Felt like a zombie these last two months. Lets try to at least tie in Brasil.

13. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I got a huge grin after that game for the first time in a loooooong time.

Great performance, deserved more than just 1-0 but it was a really solid performance and the players really showed what they can do.

I wonder, are the gallinas still as cocky about sundays game now?:p

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Grande boquiiiiiita!!!!

Ahora hay que ir a ganar en Brasil. Ah, y al equipo que volvio de la B. :D

15. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    El mismo equipo juega contra RiBer?

16. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Boca 1 Corinthians 0

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Es interesante lo que son los altibajos del futbol. Vamos de ganarle hoy al club campeon del mundo a tener que jugar el domingo contra un equipito que viene de la B. :D

18. el-torero

el-torero Member

Aug 10, 2011
    malaysia
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    good job, boca!!! well done!!!

prepare for another battle in brasil

19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You know, I was never cocky, but I will feel much more confident if Riquelme plays. That is why I don't quite get ASF's obsession with him playing in big games.

Against Toluca for example, he generated single handedly 2 of their 3 goals. He is basically only a threat from dead balls at this point in his career.

I will be much more worried about Boca if you play the same XI than if you have Riquelme.

The line up you had last night gives you 4 midfielders who can all press up the field, and track back. Erviti in particular was impressive.

River remember, is also going through an injury crisis. Ponzio may play, but he won't be 100%. Having Riquelme out there would give Ponzio much more time and space to operate. If you play the midfield from last night, Ponzio will not have to get back into game speed after missing 3 weeks.

20. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I actually agree with you here, ive always said that the presence of riquelme inhibits erviti, when they play together erviti disappears from the game. I wouldnt say he is only a threat from dead balls, in the copa last year especially he had some great games and we cant judge him again until he is fully fit.

Ththing with playing 3 in midfield is that if your playmaking isnt dictating and controlling that midfield, the three are likely to get overrun and that worries me sometimes with roman.

But im much more confident after last night, we saw boca return to somewhere closer to the level that we espect them at.

21. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England

ASF please show some respect for river plate, they arent just any old club that came from the B, they afe the CHAMPIONS lf the B;)

argentine soccer fan repped this.
  22. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The amargura and hatred of some gashina fans is directly proportional to all the success and titles that Don Libertadores achieved at Boca.

I suggest riBer gaucho starts saving some of his amargura for Sanchez Mino, I think he's going to start taking off. I want to see if he develops well as an attacking MF, I thought his talent was wasted a bit as a lateral. Good gambit from Bianchi to switch him.