Boca Juniors v. Fluminense - 1st Leg [R]

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by bosterosoy, May 22, 2008.

1. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Well, it's official.

Boca v. Fluminense

First game will hopefully be in La Bombonera, if not then it's in Velez
    Second game is in el Maracana and they say it will have the largest attendance since the stadium was remodeled. They expect 100k.

Vamos Boca ************ A Traer la Copa a La Argentina

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Re: Boca Juniors v. Fluminense [R]

100k won't be all Flu fans, if that even happens (which I doubt). Except a lot of support from Flamengo fans for Boca..

3. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

were will the Vasco da Gama fans be? also supporting Boca?:)

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I'm sure we should get some Boca fans in Brazil, but it would be great to get the support of Flu's rivals. We'll be sure to reciprocate if those teams ever play River.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

You might get a few, but they don't even fill up their own games, even the important ones.

I already know of some Fla fans that plan to go with some Argentine Boca fans that live in Brazil.

6. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

ya I think now that it's semis there will be many fans from Argentina making the trip up there as well

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Any extra little flame in this storyline is that Riquelme was rumored to go to Fluminense at the end of last year. When he was asked about the possible move, he responded:
    - Fluminense? Que Fluminense?

Haha. This quote left the "tricolores" pissed off. I expect Riquelme to get major heat from their fans in Rio.

8. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

I think the first leg will actually be played in Racing's Cilindro

9. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

Heh, I remember ElMuneco making a hissy fit about that when we told him that would never happen. And if he really said that then wow, that's pretty funny:D

10. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

A hissy fit?? Excuse me Volrath?? I don't ever recall making a hissy fit out of what the Brazilian media was reporting. Regardless though, all I gotta say about the matchup is best of luck to the team that wins. I just don't forsee Boca scoring on Flu's defense at will like they did against Atlas and Cruzeiro. Furthermore, I don't see Boca's defense being able to control Flu's offense.

11. vasco_feroxcanibal

vasco_feroxcanibal New Member

May 25, 2008

avante boca juniors yo soy torcedor del vasco da gama uno dos rivals del fluminense... en el rio de janeiro existem 4 clubes grandes sendo que el fluminense es el menor club con la menor torcida, fluminense es un club que a anos atras estava en la 3ª division nacional, todos los torcedores de vasco, flamengo e botafogo eston unidos torcendo por boca juniors, lembren que mi vasco ja lhes deu muchas alegrias eliminando el river plate en la semifinal de 1998 elimine el fluminense y vamos comemorar juntos la vitoria rumo ao mundial del japan

12. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

When Boca won the 2000 title, Flu was playing in Brasil's Third Division :p

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Looks like Vélez went all out with their Fluminense support, eh? They used their old school jerseys from the 30's on their reserves.

14. plcabrera

plcabrera New Member

Feb 2, 2008

per the official web site , they are playing en la cancha de Racing, en Avellaneda. interesting, why not la bombonera? remodeling?

15. Hector_Huerta

Hector_Huerta Member

May 2, 2007
    Espn

Is called a ban (Veto) Noob :rolleyes:

Will Bombonera ban be unlifted int he final if they are able to advance ?

16. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

It's because of the ice cube that somebody threw from one of the luxury boxes and hit a ref.

Aparently they discovered who it was that threw the ice. It turns out to be the young son of a guy who owned a luxury box, and they will take away the guy's box. Sucks for him, he should kick his son's ass on behalf of all Boca fans.

They should be able to get La Bombonera back for the final, though, if they advance past Fluminense.

17. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

damn i had no idea he was a bostero!:eek:
    [​IMG][/IMG]

18. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

yes because it was a 30 day ban (i.e. month of May). If we had played a team of lower seed (lets say America) in the semis and got home advantage for the second leg, we would have also been able to play that game in La onera, but sadly it didnt happen

19. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

Chavez is going to get another start tonight.

20. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Vamos Boca, hay que poner huevos y ganar hoy!!!

Yo tengo fe.

21. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

He'd make a great Bostero.

:D

22. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

Preview

As has been the custom when Boca Juniors plays in big games (especially against Brasilian opponents), there is a lot of trash talking coming from the other side. Among many, there is Washington's declaration that 'the only thing that worries me is Argentina's antifutbol'.

The sport's newspaper Lance!, of Brasil, had the title "Media-Boca", and claimed that in the stadium of Racing, Boca fans will not be able to put the same amount of pressure that their opponents are foreced to deal with in La Bombonera.

The newspaper El Diario reported that Branco (football coordinator of Fluminense), wants to get revenge this series by eliminating Boca Juniors and celebrating at Maradona's expense. Branco still strongly believes that a watter bottle handed to him by an Argentinian assistant in the Brasil-Argentina game in the 1990 World Cup was contaminated to make him drowsy. He went on to say that, 'I'm going to drink some Argentine wine to celebrate Flu's victory."

Martin Palermo said in an interview that he hopes to be the leading goalscorer of the tournament. He currently has 6 goals, two behind leaders Salvador Cabanas of America (Mex) and Marcelo Moreno of Cruzeiro (Bra).

There is only one question mark in Boca's starting line-up, but it appears that Carlos Ischia will field the same team that played against Atlas:

Migliore
    Maidana/Ibarra--Caceres--Paletta--Morel
    Chavez--Battaglia--Datolo
    Riquelme
    Palermo--Palacio

The only doubt is whether Ibarra (who is back from injury but still rusty) will get the start ahead of Jonatan Maidana.

It is the first time Boca Juniors and Fluminense will be playing an official match against each other. The teams have played each other once in a 1956 friendly, in which Boca Juniors came out on top 3-1 in the stadium of San Lorenzo.

It is the 13th time that Boca Juniors will be playing a knockout stage game in La Copa Libertadores against a Brasilian team. They have advanced every single time except on one occasion (1963 final against Pele's Santos). They will be hoping to make it 12 of 13 this series.

Players to watch for Fluminense: Washington (striker), Conca (attacking midfielder), Junior Cesar (defender).

23. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

also, it's very chilly and windy in Argentina today and Clemente, Pato, Banega and Gago will be present to cheer on the team

24. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Antifutbol? Yeah right.

Vamos Boca, hay que llenarles la canasta a estos amargos!!!

25. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

I laughed as well ASF

Que hablan todo lo que quieren que ya es cabala para Boca :p