Boca Juniors at San Lorenzo, Saturday May 11

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by argentine soccer fan, May 11, 2013.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    De las gayinas a los cuervos...

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

Saturday, May 11
    14:10 (Hora Argentina)
    Stadium: San Lorenzo
    Ref: Pezzotta

AGUANTE BOCA!!!

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Boca will play lots of kids as they save the starters for Libertadores.

Likely starting lineup: (4-4-1-1)

[​IMG]

Vamos Boca!!!

3. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Unless we get far in la Libertadores, I don't see any reason for Bianchi to continue. This team has not shown any progression since the local tournament started.

4. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Tell me, how is it useful to create a winning mentality or build up confidence by playing the youth team every week and getting beat?

We had FIFTEEN days between the two libertadores games, so why does bianchi need to play the kids in BOTH clasicos? Its bullshit. We could have played the first team against river, and after beating them we would have regained a bit of confidence and got this bad run out of the way.

If we lose against corinthians, (i still say they are favourite), where does that leave us? No copa and bottom of the league, its a disgrace. Im at the point where i dont give a shit about the copa, id be happy for us to get knocked out just so that bianchi will show a bit more respect to the history of boca and play the first team and actually try to win a league game.

Every game is there to win, you cant just toss off a whole tournament because you want to try to win the copa, its embarrassing.

Im trying not to be too critical of bianchi because he is a legend, but if this was anyone else, he would be out of the door by now.

BocaBoiUK, RiverGaucho and xdryza repped this.
  5. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am with you here, although Bianchi may not be intending to toss off the league, he is certainly giving that impression.

6. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England

edit- 'Toss off the league' that has such a different connotation in my country Lol.

7. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Lol - we live in the same country mate:p

Its a phrase that i picked up in my old job in coventry, but easily gets misunderstood for obvious reasons hehe

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Since Bianchi arrived, all he has been going on about is how Boca has two competitions, blah blah blah... As a River fan, I'd love to be back playing two competitions again. Its not a punishment, its an achievment and an honor to play both competitions...

Its made even sillier by the fact that Newell's is winning the league and playing great football and they use their starters 3 days before a Copa Libertadores match.

Not to mention, you team made the Final of the Copa Libertadores, and almost won the league just last season under- Falcioni, who Boca fans consider to be inferior to Bianchi.

Bianchi, as I said when he signed, came back because Boca offered him over 3 million USD per year. If not, he'd be in MLS coaching Chivas USA. I bet in retrospect, he and Riquelme both wish they were in LA isntead of embarrassing themselves each week just to make a bit more money.

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In the past Bianchi has always been able to compete in both Libertadores and the local tournament.

What he is doing now tells me that he must have evaluated the veterans he has and decided that he cannot compete with what he has. So, he is giving up on the local tournament and using it to develop and evaluate the youth with the future in mind.

If he is doing this with the support from the dirigentes, then I doubt he'll be fired. If he's defying them and they don't like what he's doing, then maybe he will be gone if they fail in La Copa.

I hate what's going on, but if the choice is to lose with the veterans or to lose with the kids, then I want to see what the kids can do. I realize futbol fans have a "win today" mentality, and especially at a club as prestigious as Boca Juniors. But as much as I can't stand what's going on, and especially not putting up a fight against San Lorenzo, I do think Bianchi's credentials and all he's done in the past for the club should buy him some time.