Boca Juniors at Nacional de Montevideo, March 14 (r)

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by argentine soccer fan, Mar 13, 2013.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A must win on the road in Uruguay...
    [​IMG] VS [​IMG]

Thursday March 14
    19:15 (Hora Argentina)
    Stadium: Nacional
    Ref: Paulo Oliveira (Brasil)

AGUANTE BOCA!!!

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Barcelona and Toluca play to another draw. It's almost like they want Boca to advance, but Boca doesn't want to. Hopefully that changes tomorrow.

3. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We are getting this match over here tonight so no awful streams. I think I am just looking for a good performance, if we win even better. Hopefully tonight we can turn the corner and our season can really start.

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Bianchi will go with the same team that lost to Nacional at La Bombonera. They did have their moments, especially in the second half, but they'll need to play much better. I am please with this midfield, but Viatri needs to start producing, and the defense is still a huge worry, especially the fullbacks.

Here is the likely formation: (4-3-1-2):

[​IMG]

VAMOS BOCA HOY HAY QUE GANAR!!!!!

5. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Some consistency from Bianchi, finally. The announcers though Erbes had a pretty good match last time out, though I honestly didn't come to the same conclusion. I'm hoping I was wrong on that. Important match, but with the other results so far, at least a non-win does not doom us. Still, hay que ganar.
    I have to miss the start of the match. Here's hoping that by the time I tune, things are going well.

6. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    25 mins in Boca playing well Perez gives up a pen and is sent off! Nacional miss the penalty! This is going to be another long night.

7. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    HT 1-0 Boca. Great pen and althoug I rarely have anything good to say about the standard of refereeing in South America it was a good spot and a definate penalty which the Don duely converted with typical aplomb. Really good performance so far even with 10 men, fingers crossed it keeps going.

RIQUELME10 repped this.
  8. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    The Don puts us ahead from the penalty spot just before half time.Vamos Boca! We are the better team even with 10 men.Lets hope we can pull off the win

9. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I missed the whole first half, but good to hear we're up.
    How legitimate was the Perez red?

10. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Erm, the Nacional player made the most of it, their was minimal contact but if you are on a yellow card you shouldn't do anything that gives the ref a decision to make. It was soft, but if it happened to a Boca player I would want a pen and a card.

Siempre_Albiceleste repped this.
  11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Vamos Boca let's do it!

12. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I just saw the highlight and wondered why he got a red FOR THAT? But if he was on a yellow already, that is just a DUMB foul to commit...Legitimate penal and booking. He wouldn't see the field for quite some time, if I'm Bianchi. The problem is that Burdisso has been terrible...but he would not leave his team down to 10 in that manner. What a nightmare this CB situation has been!

BocaBoiUK repped this.
  13. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree CB has been where we are weakest n terms of the defensive unit, the thing with Burdisso however, is that he is so dangerous at attacking set pieces he is potentially worth the risk. What he needs is someone who is calm and experienced beside him who can be vocal and keep him in check, sadly we don't have anyone who fits that criteria.

14. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just watched the last bit of the half because I just got home, I liked but didn't like the penalty Boca received. I see that same thing happen on so many free kicks and would like to see it called more often, or not at all but it's an annoyingly inconsistent call to make.

15. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Agreed! I said as much not too long ago. From what I saw in the torneo de verano, Perez is also pretty good at attacking set pieces too. On the attacking side, at least.
    I don't think Nacional knows that they're a man up and at home.

16. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I don't disagree, actually. Knowing though that the ref has already given you a penal and booted off one from the other team, as a defender, you gottta be more careful than that.

17. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nothing from Boca in quite some time. Nacional has slowly taken control of the match. Roman has practically disappeared.

18. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He can't be match fit yet . The fact we only have 10 men is starting to take its toll now.

19. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Caruzzo in for Roman...I have a real bad feeling about this.

20. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hope he leaves R Rodriguez at CB he has payed well.

RIQUELME10 repped this.
  21. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Y gana Boca...Super excited about 3 points, especially considering the circumstances.
    I will be watching the first half immediately.

Orion by far the man of the match from what I saw in the 2nd half. This guy has been a monster from day 1 for Boca.

RIQUELME10 repped this.
  22. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  23. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Best perfomance this season that. And has to be a spring board for the players to build upon and get some momentum going. Orion was excellent, Rodriguez and Burdiso look very comfortable together and bothe played very well, hell I'll just come out and say it Boca, thats right, this Boca team, defended superbly. Roman was great for an hour but faded fast, but he was naturally going to considering the circumstances. Martinz had a better game then I have seen him have for Boca I felt, and I would stick with Viatri for a while now, much better then Silva at leading a front line.

Just a very good, organised and solid performance. And I havent said that fo ea good long while.

Moishe and RIQUELME10 repped this.
  24. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Great win and well deserved.A little luck with the missed pen but overall we deserved it.Orion was great as usual but liked alot of performances tonight.Let's hope this is the turning point in our season.

25. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Had to tape yet another match due to my crossfit but finally one worth waiting for.....at least for the second half anyways. I was really surprised Boca kept pressing the matter being a man down. As already pointed out, it seemed as if we were a man up at times. I was pleasantly surprised with many of the players performance. Clearly Orion was the MOTM but a lot of guys deserved a shout out.

Tonight I felt like I was finally seeing what Erbes can do both defensively as well as supporting the attack plus he links up better with Roman than Somoza in my opinion. Viatri was solid up front and really adds a dimension that Silva lacks and that is the ability to maneuver with the ball plus I think his vision is much better than Silva who is becoming more and more of a brute. Martinez was solid as well. Erviti really brought it tonight and his backtracking was crucial throughout the match.

Defensively I thought this was our best match in some time at least in the 2nd half. Sosa and Clemente took some chances that didn't get them burned through most of the 2nd half they broke up many plays. Burdisso was aight and seemed to settle in. Ribair was simply fantastic when he moved to the back. During the last 20 minutes he was all over the place breaking up plays left and right.

I'm really hoping like many of you that this match is a springboard for more confidence amongst the team and a new start to the torneo.