Bobbleheads

Discussion in 'Collectors' started by Hawkeye17, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully, this meets the mod's rules, but since this is bobble head related...

If anyone missed out on the first Lorrie Fair giveaway, they are giving them out to the first 2,000 kids tonight.

http://www.philadelphiacharge.com/321015.html

Cheers!

2. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    blah blah blah, some more bobblehead notes

Looks like the Siri Mullinix bobblehead fetched another high fortune due to its current lack of demand.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2130202061&rd=1

Again, we have one person, who can now be considered a rival in the bidding wars, who bought, really sniped, the bid at $91. Based on precedent, this one is willing to spend the entire bank just to be the first one on the block--bad move.

This is the second highest bid since the $100 Brad Friedel was bought last month.

Originally it was a "Buy It Now" at $30 and it sold for 3 times the original amount. Had it been for that, it would have been a better sell.

Though, as John_Harkes_6 stated, when someone gets a Tony Meola bobble for $70 only to see the market flooded with them later on and being bought between $20 and $40, it's a ton of money wasted. It's just as much of a laffer as the guy who bought the home run ball only to see its value depreciate, again using this for the sake of argument.

Hopefully, the Freedom will make the smart move and sell their bobbleheads online, same as how the Power has offered their Tiffeny Milbrett bobbleheads for sale on their site.

Cheers!

3. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    My collection is now complete. I have every male bobblehead - with the exception of Crew cat but that does not even count.

4. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can now get Bobby Convey at the DC United website. Thanks to Turcs for the heads up on that.

One was sold on ebay for $60 and had the team website not offer them for sale, I would have tried to make a bid for it. I know Turcs was trying to score one for the end of year CQ party.

Instead of spending a fortune on it, I can now get a Bobbito bobble and the new United scarf for $50 including shipping. :D

Still looking for a Siri bobblehead for trade. Right now I don't care for the Littles.

5. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Any idea on the current value of the TB Mutiny Diallo bobblehead ?

6. Turcs

Turcs Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Wake Forest, NC
    Just picked one up for about $16 off ebay. I don't think anyone knew it was there. Thanks to Nap for the head's up...

Mike

7. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Every time you think you have them all - a new one comes out. At least this one should be easy to get.

DC announced that they will give away Eddie Pope bobbleheads at the Dallas game on the 19th.

PM if you are interested in my trying to pick one up for you. No promises.

8. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something of note for collectors:

For you pinball (indoor) soccer fans, there are the Hector Marinaro and Tatu bobbleheads.

The latter is a bit tough to find. However, the former is easy to get, and for $5 at http://www.crunchsoccer.com and in Earthquakes fashion the team has reverted back to the Cleveland Force.

Now, if they can bring back the San Francisco Fog!

Cheers!

9. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking for a Siri Mullinix bobblehead for exchange/sale. Alas, only one has been sold on ebay and none since. Not even the Freedom Store has offered them, so asking right now if someone has one--even tried a few places here and there.

And, there is a Diallo bobblehead on ebay with a Buy It Now for $19.95 for those who want to add him to their collection.

I don't care for Jacqui or Skylar Little at this point. The keepers are what matters. Thanks!

10. honkifulovemls

Sep 5, 2001
    NY/MA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bobble head for sale/trade

i have an extra Hecotr Marinaro bobble if [never been opened from its box] for sale or trade if anyone is interested. just lmk.

11. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    I didn't get an extra Eddie - however, one has already hit E-Bay

12. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll tell you right now the core bidders are going to (1) wait until the last second to bid or (2) grab it with "Buy It Now"... No bid is safe except with the latter.

Especially after the exhorborant prices for the Friedel, John, and Mullinix bobbles the bidding becomes a chess game.

Cheers...

13. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Anyone get their hands on the Tatu bobblehead ? I'd Love to add him to my collection.

14. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tatu is a very rare bobble. You would have to look thick and thin for that one.

So far, only a few Eddies have shown up on ebay. I snoozed again on the "Buy It Now" one, just like the Siri one (which was offered at $30 and then shot to almost $100!!!!!!!).

Also, a Bobby Convey/Marco Etcheverry combo has showed up on ebay. The DC United online store is sold out of Bobbito, but there seems to be a pile of El Diablo bobbles there. No word on when they will restock Kid Convey though.

And get him fast--he could be heading out of Washington. :(

Cheers!

15. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    A) I think once they sell out they are done.

B) What are you talking about? Heading out of Washington?

16. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was referring to Etcheverry maybe heading out of DC... personally I hope he stays put but that's for the DC thread.

There is a combo Etcheverry/Convey for sale on ebay if you can't get it through the DC site (split for $32.50 per though the bid is for both). I'm going to wait for our Club End of Season bash for Bobby's bobble.

Surprisingly, only 3 Eddie Pope bobbles have showed up on ebay. The price has gone up to close to $50, and as stated before I wouldn't be shocked if it went up to $70 or even $100 with a few "uberbidders" getting it at the last second.

17. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the Eddie Popes fetched close to $100. Another has sold for a bit less. The "uberbidders" got them in which price is no object.

The DC United combo for $165--$82.50 per.

The soccer collectibles are starting to be like the baseball ones. It's a matter of time until they hit $125.

Anyone want to take bets when some giveaway will hit $200 only to see the subsequent ones go for half that amount or even less?

Cheers!

18. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And in 3 years, you won't be able to get $10-20 for them.

19. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's how the Diallo bobbleheads are going. Last year, I would presume they went for a high amount.

Now, they go for less than $20, about the average on how the retail bobbles ("Strike Farce plus Carlos") cost...

20. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ends Thursday October 24 at 5:23 pm EDT

For those who are into mascot bobbleheads, there is Tornado Teddy for the Long Island Rough Riders:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=725406421

Only 1000 made and supposedly there is a niche market for mascots though it's the basball collectors that go for them regardless of sport. Most of the core soccer fans would prefer the players since the casual fans tend to pass them up.

21. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
  22. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's gotten to the brink when Shatner has his own bobblehead. Have to draw the line at that.

23. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States