Bob Graham's going to retire.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Dante, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    If he was added as a VP candidate for any of the Dems, would he bring enough to help win the state?

I mean, it's not like Florida mattered much last election. He has an overall varied resume with some military and national politics included. He brings and ties the old guard with the younger look the main candidates.

The fact that he was running for President only means that he now has some national face-time.

In reality, I don't know much about him, but hopes he lives well off the pension plan he voted for himself and all the cash he raised during his tenure and presidential campaign. Must be a hard life, i mean, if he really retires from public life.

3. csc7

csc7 New Member

Jul 3, 2002
    DC
    Graham is probably a little too dull to ever get the VP spot. He might help with Florida, but the Gore campaign didn't pick him for VP because they thought he was too boring.

As for living off the money he raised for his campaign...He can't. That's rediciliously insane to say. Campaign money cannot become personal money. Plus Graham didn't have much money, it's a large part of why he isn't running for President anymore.