Bob Dylan on 60 Minutes

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by CHICO13, Dec 5, 2004.

1. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    In a rare interview, Ed Bradley will interview Bob Dylan tonight. Should be on in 15 minutes or so.

2. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    on now

3. ndp21f

ndp21f Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Columbia, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not in Missouri. We've still got the adult ADD story.

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So as to not give anything away for the West Coast people, all I'll say is fascinating.

5. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    A fairly straightforward interview by Ed Bradley. It seems that Dylan got fairly fed up with the media glare by the mid-60s and never even saw himself or his songs as "the voice of the generation." He seems like a rather low-key guy which is refreshing in this day & age.

6. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    That's it? In the commercials they made it sound like he was going to drop a bombshell. But all he had to say is "I don't know what all the fuss over me is about" ? Sounds boring.

7. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    It wasn't.

I love that he admitted he can't match the quality of what he did in his early years. That he can't match the "magic" now, but he can do something else. But it's kinda ballsy to admit he can't match BOB or H61.

8. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was the interview subtitled in English? ;)

9. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    At the end of the interview it's said he's been nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature.

:rolleyes:

10. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Is the Dylan interview on after their interview with Vincent Price?

11. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What struck me about the interview was how his fame has sort of turned him into an antisocial recluse. He shuns the spotlight, lost his marriage over it and won't even go out to a restaurant for fear of people approaching him. He still has a sharp brilliant mind and admits that he can't write the songs he did in his youth but he's willing to tour to validate his work. I've really never been a BIG fan of his but do admire his work. I don't think it would be unjust for him to get the Nobel Prize.

Another thing I found really interesting was when he said he knew all along he was destined for his life and fame. He knew where he was going and how he was going to get there but kept it to himself to keep people from mocking or shooting down his vision. The way he stated it didn't come out at all as egotistical but solemn and self aware.

12. bmurphyfl

bmurphyfl Member

Jun 10, 2000
    VT
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if any other songwriters have been nominated before? If so, then it would seem appropriate if not overdue. But if they are just trying to find a category to shoehorn Dylan into a Nobel prize, then it's probably silly.

BTW, I'm assuming the nomination is for his songs; not his book. If it's his book, then it's a big mistake. I'm enjoying the book but it isn't prize-worthy.