PBP: Bob Bradley goes to Middlesbrough

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by deuteronomy, Dec 17, 2016.

1. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 deuteronomy, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  2. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta win

3. Sufjan Guzan

Sufjan Guzan Member+

Feb 13, 2016
    Negredo scores Swansea down 1-0 in the 19'

4. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So far, so bad

6. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jordi Amat is bad.

7. jimmy2823

jimmy2823 Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he gets fired on monday

Statman, jwat15, Pl@ymaker and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    I can't see him coachinh much longer. The main problem going forward after he gets canned is this sets the possibility of an American coach in the premier league by decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This club is shite.

10. The Real Sekrah

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Huge shame that he's getting the blame for this mess. They have so many problems with their backline. They actually played well the last two games from what I've seen. I hope the American owners aren't as irrationally impatient as Brits are and they stick with him and give him some dollars to play with in the transfer window.

11. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say after this result, he's on "boro'd time" ...

12. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They started quite well. Then conceded a great strike by Negredo, and promptly folded the tent.

13. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, too many of the players are.

14. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009

16. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    i don't know really. this whole move was such an outlier. It'll sting but I doubt it'll cause irreparable damages

17. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Last season, Swansea averaged 1.47 PPG under Guidolin (.91 under Monk). For 2016, they added Llorente, Baston, Mawson, had Barrow come back from a C-ship loan, loaned out Gomis and sold Williams. This should have been a solid mid-table roster.

A few more details - under Guidolin's they shipped 13 goals in 7 matches for a 1.85 GPG/A; under Bob, 25 in 10 for 2.5 GPG/A. The only time Swansea leaked in 3 or more under the Italian was 3 vs. Man City. Under Bob, they allowed 3 or more in 8 matches out of 10.

18. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not like there's a wealth of American coaches knocking down the door to the Prem League. Who would be really be affected by an anti-American manager bias if there was one after Bob's debacle?

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  19. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Now Klinsmann's son won't get the Tottenham job in 40 years all because of Bob. :(

russ and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  20. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The need to buy 1 or 2 defenders and a defensive midfielder if they have any hopes of staying up. Bob got the tactics all wrong in this match. Mostly likely outcome is that he gets sacked.

21. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #21 deuteronomy, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    . Ahhh, you crack me up with this stuff . . . .

Comfortably mid table? They finished 12th last year (10 pts from relegation) and got weaker on both sides of the ball this summer (a transfer window in which the new owners actually made a profit). Defensively they sold Ashley Williams and brought in Mawson and van der Hoorn. Anyone who has watched them this season realize that neither player comes close to replacing Wiliams. On offense not only did they loan out Gomis (6 goals last season), but you failed to mention they sold their leading scorer from 15-16, Andre Ayew (12 goals). Llorente, although getting older, looks like he's got a few goals in him, but Baston (a player, like the others, Bob had absolutely no role in signing) looks to be a bust (or at least a player that will need some time to settle into the English game).

Comparing last year's roster to this, they have gotten weaker on both sides of the ball in a league awash in money (and teams willing to spend that money) and you think they should be "comfortably" mid table? Transfermarkt estimates that Swansea actually had a net profit (ie they took in more than they spent) of roughly 10 million euro this summer. Consider the spending of those who finished behind them in the table last season. Watford spent 38 million more than they took in, West Brom 14 million more, Crystal Palace 10 million more, Bournemouth 18 million more, Sunderland 30 million more. How can you look at these numbers and say that you expect Swansea to be "comfortably" mid table?

I might also add that Swansea had won but one match, deafeating Burnley 1-0 on opening day, out of their first seven under Guidolin. He also has health problems and was on the edge of being replaced last year. Bob, at least has won 2 out of 10, and but for a late breakdown, should have beaten Everton, who they ended up tying.

Frankly, it's a surprise to me that the mods allow you to post, here.

22. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Exactly

23. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    I hope you are enjoying your Christmas gifts of Big Soccer knee pads courtesy of Bob and the whole Bradley family.

24. The Real Sekrah

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    I got to laugh at anyone blaming Bob for this mess. Clueless they are. Swansea were by far the biggest losers this summer.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.