News: Bob Bradley finally speaks on Jurgen Klinsmann

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Susaeta, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Susaeta

Susaeta BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.espnfc.com/united-states...klinsmann-was-jockeying-for-my-us-job-in-2010

"From the day I got fired from the U.S., I've not said one thing publicly about that team. I don't appreciate the way it was done; I think they made a mistake," Bradley said.

"I'm glad that Jurgen said some nice things now. When he did commentary on the 2010 World Cup, he was already jockeying for the job, so I shut my mouth, continued to support the team because I of course want to see the team do well, Michael [Bradley, his son] is the captain.

"So if [Klinsmann] said something in a nice way I appreciate it and if at some point he chooses to try to work outside the U.S., I wish him the best."

2. bandwagongooner

bandwagongooner Member+

Dec 9, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can see Bob Bradley on the right of the picture...

[​IMG]

3. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Ironbound

Ironbound Member+

Jul 1, 2009
    Bob doesn't sleep. He waits.

Berks, PTFC in KCMO, WrmBrnr and 13 others repped this.
  5. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    He's coaching the EPL, I think he's moved on.

As far as letting go, if you believe you have been wronged, I suppose you don't let it go. In Bob's own way he is likely just pointing out the hypocrisy of USSF (or more specifically Sunil Gulati's).

LouisianaViking07/09 and Scotty repped this.
  6. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt he's moved on because instead of talking about the upcoming match against Arsenal, he is talking about a Gold Cup match in 2010 and JK's commentary during the 2010 World Cup.

However, YMMV.

7. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    I haven't seen the video of the conference, but I'm betting that wasn't his reply to "how are you preparing for Arsenal?"

See, how it works at these type of things, press asks manager questions, manager gives as vanilla an answer (either by lying, or giving an honest answer) and moves on to the next question.

Berks, PTFC in KCMO, blacksun and 11 others repped this.
  8. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    An EPL gig with a relegation threatened team - say Swansea goes down, Bob is looking for a job in May.

LAFC starts play in 2018.

You fill in the blank.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  9. swedust

swedust Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    That's how it looks to me too.

No diss meant toward OP, but comments are really about how BB "finally speaks" about Sunil (rather than JK).

slacker and Marko72 repped this.
  10. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Gee, it sure sounds to me like it's you more than it is him, but YMMV of course.

11. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't the one that started the thread.

sXeWesley repped this.
  12. Ironbound

Ironbound Member+

Jul 1, 2009
    I don't blame Bob for a moment for resenting the way USSF treated him. They only reluctantly hired him, only reluctantly gave him a long-term contract when he got results, played footsie with Klinsmann for much of his tenure, and then canned him at the first opportunity.

We can quibble with whether that Gold Cup was bad enough to cost him his job, but I don't think there is any question that the fed treated him like he was nothing more than a caretaker.

Berks, PTFC in KCMO, WrmBrnr and 16 others repped this.
  13. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    So Bob won't wish JK well until he is coaching somewhere else? I kind of like it.

[​IMG]?

OWN(yewu)ED, Gilma1990 and Statman repped this.
  14. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    No, but you're the one posting memes and trying to shout it down.

15. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted one gif.

Calm down bro.

16. vexco

vexco Member+

Nov 2, 2013
    It's not like JK made him have a shitty Gold Cup in 2011.

17. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like he wasn't simply talking about Sunil. JK's "jockeying for the job" etc. He got a few jabs in at Klinnsman too.

18. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I don't doubt for a moment that Double B feels this way, but right now he needs all the support he can get.

Just seems like an odd time to dredge all that up.

Especially when you could argue he and the Swansee owners just did to Guidolin what he claims Sunil and Jurgen did to him!

nbarbour and Statman repped this.
  19. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Since when have shitty Gold Cups mattered?

20. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    They're people who believe in political slogans.

WrmBrnr and pirozhok repped this.
  21. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Make Gold Cup Great Again!

Crewmudgeon and swedust repped this.
  22. Editor In Chimp

Editor In Chimp Member+

Sep 7, 2008
    You have to admit it was kind of funny though.

Alexisonfire and cleansheetbsc repped this.
  23. vexco

vexco Member+

Nov 2, 2013
    Nah. His defection joke was way funnier.

24. Editor In Chimp

Editor In Chimp Member+

Sep 7, 2008
    There was an article on Michael Bradley in..I want to say Howler in 2012 or so when he was still in Italy where the writer of the piece tried to get Bob to weigh in on Michael or the US and I thought that Bob's seething about the way things went down in 2011 was pretty clear even though he ostensibly refused to comment.

I don't blame him for being bitter at Jurgen or Sunil. Sunil jerked him around from the moment he was named interim manager to the day he was fired. Jurgen shamelessly spouting nonsense on ESPN after we lost to Ghana gunning for the job he turned down 3 year prior, and using the disappointment of the moment to angle for more control?

I'd be pissed too, even after all this time.

ETA: He's right about that 2011 final. It was a great game. It wasn't some sort of disastrous embarrassment. We were 4 inches from tying 3-3 and maybe if Chandler hadn't been jerking the US around we'd have had a better option for when 'Dolo went down than shifting Lichaj and putting in Bornstein, who very politely refused to hold the same high line as the rest of the defense.

blacksun, WrmBrnr and Honore de Ballsac repped this.
  25. Ironbound

Ironbound Member+

Jul 1, 2009
    The Dos Santos goal was the only part that was a little embarrassing. That's not on Bob though.

That said, the rest of that tournament leading up to the final wasn't particularly encouraging.

superdave repped this.