Blues are in trouble?

Discussion in 'Orange County SC' started by blueballs69, May 9, 2012.

1. blueballs69

blueballs69 Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Hearing some vibes players are getting restless with Naimo. Some big issues going on amongst the players. Could this be the end?

2. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't be surprised. Also wouldn't care.

Although I do have an idea: Move the team to Tucson, make them FC Tucson and make their current PDL team FC Tucson U-23.

3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just enough to opine about it.

Westfan repped this.
  4. Westfan

Westfan Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Benching quality players, frequent positon/lineup changes, etc. how does a Coach gain respect or co hesiveness amoung his players to win a game?

5. Westfan

Westfan Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Tucson has a large fan base....

6. Westfan

Westfan Member

Jan 21, 2007
  7. outfit153

outfit153 New Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    I don't really know where this assessment is coming from, probably from one particular player you are friends with I would imagine...The talent across the board IS very similar maybe guys like Irving Garcia could start and play 90 minutes but he made a very strong showing coming in as a sub last match. From what you are saying it sounds like some players are nervous about their spots with new players coming in. There are a lot of games within close proximity of each other and the depth will need to be used and cycling players in and out of the starting 11 is required to get the guys used to the grueling schedule. Starting and playing players like Garcia 90 mins every game is not good for the team when you have back to back games or one day in between. Anyways their will always be some hurt feeling in squads when players don't feel they are getting "deserved" playing time... they need to be professionals and continue to push for their spots. Last season we had to many egos on the squad (from guys that I didn't feel were good enough to have egos) The vibe I've gotten so far this year is there are more guys on the team wanting to work for each other. Hopefully the new players coming in help that continue and don't cause so many issues like Gaitan did last season (although I know that probably has more to do with front office and Gaitan's agent more than anything). The real issue with the Blues is the fan base and lack of attendance. I will keep going to the matches and bringing as many people as I can but that will only do so much.

8. Westfan

Westfan Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Hmmmm....Don't know any of the players personally, maybe blueballs does. Interesting that you only comment on one player not being similar when three of your squad were just recognized by USL PRO....Personally, I would just like to see soccer get moving in the US and it is going to start from quality coaching from the bottom up.

9. outfit153

outfit153 New Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    I only mentioned one player to give an example and show the point of using the depth. there are several standout players but the guys behind them in rotation aren't that far behind and can and will have to step in at some point. In USL you can't start your best 11 every game. They will burnout and get injured. I'm just unsure on the reasonings for Naimo not being a capable coach.

10. Westfan

Westfan Member

Jan 21, 2007
    I don't mean to suggest Naimo is not a capable coach, but I think it is important to appreciate that players are individuals, each with different strengths and weaknesses, which a coach needs to know intimately in order to efficiently use them against the opposing team to win. A red flag for me is when a coach characterizes all his players as similar....

The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team.

11. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here we go again.

Putting a link that has the most meager relevance (in this case, only geographic) into a thread that has been dead for 18 months is a clear breach of netiquette.

Why do you continue to do this? Do you get paid by the link? Do you think that the news of Del Rey City's NPSL team is so earth-shattering that it not only needs to be shared in a thread about, just to pick a topic at random, NPSL EXPANSION (where such things are already being discussed), but in a dead thread with no relevance to that topic? What makes you think that is a reasonable course of action?

Why do you go on your link-planting excursions, seek out dead threads with 1% or less relevance to the link you intend to post and stick things like this into them? Despite being mocked for it repeatedly? Why?

Why are you Johnny Linkseed, offering nothing but marginally relevant links (when you aren't copying and pasting entire articles or press releases or passages with no attribution)?

Why do you not see that these practices go against the rules (in some cases) and/or the ethos of the community?

YOU ARE DOING BIGSOCCER WRONG.

12. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, surely it's all the crime of the century...just do all of us a favor and hit the ignore button.

13. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please keep your posts on topic to the thread and folder that your posting them.

14. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or....you could follow the rules.

15. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks but I much prefer to march to my own drummer...last I looked it's still America