Blue & White Brigade

Discussion in 'Vancouver Supporters Clubs' started by whiteisthecolour, Mar 21, 2009.

1. whiteisthecolour

whiteisthecolour Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I know that the Southsiders will eventually get the most mention on this subforum, but I sure do miss the Blue & White Brigade. I thought I would post here to see if any of the Brigadiers (especially Brigadier Brad) will show up here.

For those of you who remember, we occupied Section B (B is for Brigade!) in the 2005 and 2006 seasons. We were the PG version of the Southsiders (who are pretty much PG-13 and occassionally R!).

2. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

I thought you guys were a creation of the club, in order to give people who didn't want to sit on their hands an alternative to the raunchier Southsiders?

3. piltdownman

piltdownman Member

Jun 24, 2005
    vancouver
    I believe they were a creation of the club. I think it was a good idea.

4. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    As I mentioned in the other thread - if y'all want your own forum here, just let huss or me know.

5. poppenjay

poppenjay New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i'm guessing we're gonna see a resurgence/creation of supporter's groups as different people are looking for a different in-game experience, and the southsiders (as entertaining as they are) just can't cater to everyone. should be interesting to see how it all plays out at bc place

6. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Sure it was a good idea. The bad idea came from the fact that the club pretended they had nothing to do with it, and that Brigadier Brad guy was boasting that all of the song flyers he was giving out at the season opener was all coming out of his pocket. Then when he was paraded out on Team 1040 during halftime of one of the games on the radio to talk about himself and his supporters group he spent 80% of the time talking about his favourite club back in England.

7. piltdownman

piltdownman Member

Jun 24, 2005
    vancouver
    ^Very true, the execution left something to be desired. Maybe its something to revisit when things slow down in few weeks.

8. piltdownman

piltdownman Member

Jun 24, 2005
    vancouver
    Thank You, the Southsiders have their own forum, but the B&W Brigade might be something that might be useful if they reform.

9. TheIronShiek

TheIronShiek New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    The B&W Brigade was simply a vanity/ego project of this Brad so he can say "hey, look at me, i am a great supporter"... hence why it didnt last very long.