Blue or White?! Which jersey should be the primary one?!

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Ultravolta, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor
    If you could choose, which kit would you pick for home games? The blue one or the white?

[​IMG]

2. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blue by far.

3. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ditto:D

4. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blue for me but I would really like to see the white with blue shorts.

5. Ben7

Ben7 Member

Jan 14, 2007
    + 1 :)

6. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    blue, but only because i don't like the lame yellow "gills" on the white one.

7. ajsthind

ajsthind New Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Blue for me too. I am fine with the yellow design on the bottom and top of the jersey, but the thick yellow lines on the sides of the White jersey just turn me off too much.

8. justboy

justboy Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The blue is much nicer than the white.

Has LAG said which will be the home kit? The impression i got was that it was the white one.....

9. Ben7

Ben7 Member

Jan 14, 2007
    white will be the home shirt, blue the away or only if the color clashes with the other team I guess.

10. TheBaRoN

TheBaRoN Member

Jan 23, 2006
    London, England
    Against the revs who wear blue/white/blue expect LAG to wear white/blue/white.

11. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor
    Here is a quote that just got my hopes for a blue home jersey up a little, even though without interpretation it actually indicates nothing at all really... But alas, it still strengthens my might-happen moment... ;)

Maybe the white was just worn all season as a transition, since white/white is of course a smoother change than green/blue... So maybe - pleease, pleeease - we'll end up with blue homes this or next season. I guess the best way to vote for it, is with your jersey purchases, and here of course... :rolleyes:

12. Ben7

Ben7 Member

Jan 14, 2007
    sorry that's not realistic. Why else would the shirts be sold as home and away ....

white = home
    blue = away / or for color clashes / & the superliga

13. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Around the world clubs sell jerseys labeled "home" or "away" but the reality is they have a primary jersey that everyone associates with that club and they wear it 90% of the time home or away unless there is a color conflict. Man Utd wear red home and away, Chelsea wear blue home and away, Real Madrid wear white.

MLS needs to do the same thing and allow teams to brand themselves with colors. You saw that last weekend when KC came into LA wearing their blue jerseys. DC comes to LA wearing black. It just makes sense.

As for me, I'd like to see the all white kit become the 1st choice for the Galaxy.

14. TheBaRoN

TheBaRoN Member

Jan 23, 2006
    London, England
    White is home, blue is away for now but most clubs change there away colour each season but go abck after 1 or 2 changes.

Liverpool - Yellow - white -yellow -white etc etc

Man utd - black - blue - white- black etc etc

Arsenal - yellow - blue - yellow -blue -white(new for them) etc etc

Expect the blue to be yellow/gold with hint of blue next season

15. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    i'd have to disagree. the kit we've worn all season long has been our "away" kit. obviously it's been in anticipation of the new all-white home strip, but simple labels on shopping sites don't necessarily dictate what the team will do.

if the blue shirts outsell the white ones five-to-one i wouldn't be at all surprised to see the blue become our primary kit.

fwiw, i don't know that we'll be having true "home" and "away" kits. it'll be like the rest of the world where we only change strips when our kit clashes with the home team (NYRB and ???)

16. kleebazoid

kleebazoid Member

Dec 25, 2003
    Carlsbad, CA.
    I think it's sad we'll have white home jerseys. I hated the gold jerseys when they first came out, but I do admit you can really see the colors when fans wear them. I think the blue unis would stand out more in a packed stadium than plain old white unis. Now everyone's torn. Should we wear the cool navy uni? or the jersey the Galaxy will wear at the HDC? I think the crowd will be half navy half white, which will be sad when our opponent wears navy.
    Bad decision front office!

17. mparker

mparker Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Section 141 Row G
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've said it before, and I will say it again.

I will be wearing the blue. I like the blue better, but more importantly, I cannot seem to eat Nachos Cammachos without getting some on my shirt. Thus... the white is out for me.

18. mikelightsla

mikelightsla New Member

Apr 12, 2007
    Pico Rivera, CA
    The Blue just has more identity for me....

19. kleebazoid

kleebazoid Member

Dec 25, 2003
    Carlsbad, CA.
  20. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor
    Hhrmmn! If only I could set the rules - which alas, obviously I can't - I would go with a blue home jersey and the white for 2nd. Then I'd throw in a 3rd jersey in either gold or light blue and then have it changed in a way like FC Barcelona - 1st and 2nd change yearly, but this years second becomes next years third, and so on. The fans in the stands would resemble the night sky as a sea of blue then, with a white, golden or light blue fan sticking out every now and then, to resemble the stars...

:rolleyes: *daydreaming*

21. justboy

justboy Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  22. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I abstained from voting because both look good and either one could work as the home jersey.

23. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor
    Nobody's doubting that both kits are ace and by far the best MLS has ever seen! :cool:
    But this is preference talk! The blue one is hotter!!!

24. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY
    Blue, Blue, and Blue. Oh yea, blue.

You reading 'Lexi?

25. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope we go blue. That way we can have a dominant color in the stands.